Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2001 12:09:52 AM EDT
I just can't seem to find a place to get some extra mags for this sweet gun. Anyone know where to get some?
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you can get them at Classic Arms.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I checked they said they had none. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I just sold my Saiga last month due to the same problem.Cops can't even find mags for these things.One of the best designs to come along, ever and no damned mags!I looked for months and the best I could find was $39 each for mags.I ended up selling after I put a lot of money into it having it comped,choked and the chamber tapered.It's so sad,they finally made a mag fed automatic 12ga that really worked worth a crap and it's dead beofre it can even gain wide acceptance:(
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I know, I am so surprised this thing has not caught on! It's great, light recoiling, mag fed and light.

How much did you sell yours for all tricked out?

I’m thinking of registering it and paying that damn tax to have the barrel shortened to 10 or 12"

Why is no one making 7 or 10 round aftermarket mags for it?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Because the mags would be illegal.  Under the '94 bill, all detachable magazine shotguns are semi-automatic assault shotguns.[rolleyes]  That is why you can't get the pistol grip version in the U.S. unless you are a leo.  Shotguns mags over 5 rounds are illegal.  Basically, that excellent shotgun is facing the same problems as the spas-15(another detachable magazine fed combat shotgun) faced.  Probably doing great in other countries.  I believe the largest mags made for any 12 gauge detachable magazine shotgun are 8 rounders.  Both franci, and saiga have had problems making larger magazines reliable.  I know saiga tried making larger magazines with more expensive parts, but the expensive 10 rounders were seen as not marketable due to pricing compared to 8 rounders.  And I think the 20's were rejected due to size.

Too bad we can't have the real good ones.  Short barrels, folding stocks, pistol grips, and select-fire.  They make them in Russia, but would break way too many laws to import here.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I think either 5 or 7rds is the maximum limit for detachable mag shotguns.So that is probably why there are no mags.I bought it for $485 and sold it for $650 with two chokes.I think my next shotgun will probably be a Mossberg 9200A1 since it passed the US Governement torture test without being cleaned and is supposed to be more reliable and lighter recoiling than the Benelli.It is too bad about the Saiga though.I think that in it's original form(as sold everywhere but here)it is possibly the finest combat instrument for fighting within 75yds ever devised by humans.It also had a fixed barrel so it would have probably been a tack driver with the rifled slug choke that I bought as well.

Maybe one day we can vote some of those fascist pricks out of office and get our rights back but until then we'll just have to make due
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I honestly don't think $39. is to bad for a shotgun mag. After all 10rd pistol mags are sometimes that much. This isn't an rifle after all. Can you fiil us in to where you found them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe the largest mags made for any 12 gauge detachable magazine shotgun are 8 rounders.  
View Quote
well there was that 20 round drum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top