Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2006 7:38:11 AM EDT
So, in all my rage, I sent a strongly worded e-mail to Jon at Reccegear, pissed that it's been OVER A YEAR since I paid $100 for a case designed to hold my AR.  I saw it on the military morons website, and emailed him from there.

Every 6 months after that, Jon sends something like, "It should be shipping two weeks!".  That last one was in November, or something.

He says Monday/Tuesday, now.  What do current end-users think?  And why the hell is he such a flake?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Get in line. I've been waiting 2 years plus for my stuff. I know how you feal, someone should not make promises they are not able to fulfill. If he screwed up once I'd let it pass but you and a bunch of other folks are in the same boat hearing statements like " I'll be sending it out next week". I here he's a busy guy with military, etc, etc. But bottom line is if you can't deliever what you continually promise your integrity and reputation are/will suffer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you get a timeline of when the work would be completed by?

I've had to wait a year and a half for custom work to get done. Never again.

Part of the price is taking delivery of the item by a certian date/time. Most times we tend to be vauge & not bring this up.

Get it, the delivery date,  in writing next time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
skebe, no I didn't get anything in writing, I should have. I went off everyone elses word that he was good to go on products with a "little longer than others" for a delievery date. Hindsight being 20/20 truly applies in this case.

Since it's been over 2 years I don't even know if I can legally still get a refund on the USPS money order that was sent to him. I'll be checking that one out.

I fall into the same catagory as you in regards to "never again".

What I don't understand is he has a website that gives the impression that his business is rolling right along.

www.reccegear.com
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top