Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2001 7:19:51 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Remington 700 LTR.  I bought Leupold Mark IV One-piece base and rings.  The base had a slight bend (giving it somewhat of an upwards curve on both ends)and appeared to "flex" into position when I torqued the base screws.  I returned the base to Leupold thinking something was wrong with it.  The replacement base was the same way.  I called Leupold Customer Service.  They told me it was normal and should be fine.  It doesn't seem right so I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same situation when mounting their Mark IV base?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as the base does not move after mounting it to the gun then there should be no problem.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I just wanted to hear it from someone who has some experience with rifles rather than some person working customer service at the factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top