Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2006 6:37:51 PM EDT
Lots of news reports in the last two days about the alleged rape of a stripper by the Duke lacrosse team.  Based on what you've read or watched on TV, are these guys guilty or innocent?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

are you kidding?  ACQUIT!  hell, unless there's something that they're not telling us, i don't think there was even enough evidence to charge those two guys with anything!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
they'll get off. I'm sure that those guys probably did something to offend this girl and she started seeing $$$s.    
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
who cares?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't trust the girl...they'll get off without a doubt.

HH
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they'll get off. I'm sure that those guys probably did something to offend this girl and she started seeing $$$s.    

Exactly.  Hell, they didn't even have to do anything.  She's a poor sister and they are rich white boys.  All about the money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Lots of news reports in the last two days about the alleged rape of a stripper by the Duke lacrosse team.  Based on what you've read or watched on TV, are these guys guilty or innocent?

WTF, over.  I'm assuming you have guns, so you must be guilty of something.  I don't care if they did it, if they can't prove them guilty in court that's it.  What the fuck is with this shit?  These dudes have been destroyed by the media, and have been tried, convicted and executed by those fucktards at Duke.  That's what you want?  "I seed it on the teevee, them boys be guilty".  Fuck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
If the DNA does not fit, you must ACQUIT!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Not based on what we are being told so far. Clearly she had difficulty IDing them and there is no DNA. There is also a timeline of photos that IMO make a rape pretty unlikely. I suspect she got pissed at them for something and decided to make a big deal out of it.

More may come out and I'm sure will. So far, based on current knowledge, I would think a defense attorney should make short work of this.

All of that said, however, I think that jury selection in this case will be a huge determinant of how this one goes down in court. The media has clearly crucified these guys based on virtually nothing so far and to say the jury pool is contaminated is quite an understatement.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Absolutly Acquit. There is NO evidence it happened. No DNA, only very circumstantial evidence, and IMO you should NEVER be able to convict on circumstantial evidence. (yes it happens but its BS IMO)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not based on what we are being told so far. Clearly she had difficulty IDing them and there is no DNA. There is also a timeline of photos that IMO make a rape pretty unlikely. I suspect she got pissed at them for something and decided to make a big deal out of it.

More may come out and I'm sure will. So far, based on current knowledge, I would think a defense attorney should make short work of this.

All of that said, however, I think that jury selection in this case will be a huge determinant of how this one goes down in court. The media has clearly crucified these guys based on virtually nothing so far and to say the jury pool is contaminated is quite an understatement.  

Defense attorney would be successful getting a change of venue (i.e., trial moved to another city away from the alleged crime).
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Defense attorney would be successful getting a change of venue (i.e., trial moved to another city away from the alleged crime).

A change of venue will have minimal impact on jury selection at this point IMO.  You don't seriously think they are going to try this in a predominantly white town do you? I sure don't and given the racially charged atmosphere on this one it could get pretty ugly.

If this was a white stripper raped by a group of blacks none of us would have ever heard about it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
~snip~
IMO you should NEVER be able to convict on circumstantial evidence. (yes it happens but its BS IMO)

Um come again? Circumstantial evidence is pretty much anything that isnt direct. 99% of the government's case against Timothy McVeigh was circumstantial (Ill shutup about this if the current arfcom consensus is he was innocent, cause seriously I have no idea what the trends here are). It cant overrule reasonable doubt but it helps alot... This is where you have to be careful in common law rulings, one case can effect others that have completely different circumstances (lol).

Either way, they are rich or at least upper middle class LAX players that she thought she could pump money out of. For other cases viz., Tawana Brawley.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Help me out here guys.

Some of you insinuate she saw dollar signs.

Why now, why these guys, and what exactly does she have to gain if they are found guilty?

I personally think she was assaulted, but I doubt the prosecution will be able to prove who did it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Help me out here guys.

Some of you insinuate she saw dollar signs.

Why now, why these guys, and what exactly does she have to gain if they are found guilty?

I personally think she was assaulted, but I doubt the prosecution will be able to prove who did it.

Duh, lawsuit.

Why now?  Opportunity
Why these guys?  They are rich
What does she have to gain?  See above.............duh, lawsuit.

You think they did it, huh.  Based on what?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't know who did it.  However, from what I understand, the medical types say she had injuries conducive to a sexual assault.  I can't imagine her assaulting herself and going through the this process just for money.  Why did she wait this long, when she could have just accused anybody years ago?

I also freely admit my bias agaist overprivileged punk-assed college kids.  From what else I've heard, this team had a long history of being out of control.  The psychology of such a reputatioon is a real bitch, where each year people get more and more stupid, trying to outdo stories of previous folks - even though often those stories have been exaggerated.

I have no problem, then, with imagining them doing sick and perverted things to a drunk and even passed out stripper.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Two words;

Tawana Brawley
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Smells like bullshit to me..
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Right now the reasonable doubt equation is well and solidly on the acquit side.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Smells like bullshit to me..

Yes...Yes it does. The stripper's lying untill there's evidence.
This whole thing is REDICULOUS!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I think something happened, though probably not an outright gangrape.  Since everyone involved was apparently quite intoxicated you cant really take anyones story at face value.  Perhaps the stripper was too drink to realize she was being poked with beer bottles or broom handles, and not actually being raped?  There are 3 sides to every story and only one is the truth.  Should someone go to jail... unless there is incontrovertible evidence we havent heard yet absolutely not.  None of the accusations appear to be backed up by evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
...  Perhaps the stripper was too drink to realize she was being poked with beer bottles or broom handles, and not actually being raped?  ...

I am pretty sure that would be considered rape in most states.  If not, it should be.

Assuming she is telling the truth, that is pretty close to how I would picture it, and would explain the lack of DNA evidence.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Evidence?  What evidence?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, I wasnt saying it wasnt rape or that it was ok, just playing devils advocate for the lack of dna evidence.  It is important to note here that when the police and DA are actually on the ball, they release only certain details and leave others out.  Makes the guilty think they are off the hook and they slip up and incriminate themselves.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Acquit.  It is troubling how easy it is to ruin someone's life with a BS accusation.  The stripper needs to be tried herself for making false statements to police.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I have seen absolutely no evidence so I would say "Not guilty"

She may have been raped by someone.
She may have been raped by members of the Lacrosse team.
She may have had consentual sex with 14 guys and realized later she fucked up and lied.
She may have passed out and been raped.
Who knows, who cares?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know who did it.  However, from what I understand, the medical types say she had injuries conducive to a sexual assault.  I can't imagine her assaulting herself and going through the this process just for money.  Why did she wait this long, when she could have just accused anybody years ago?

I also freely admit my bias agaist overprivileged punk-assed college kids.  From what else I've heard, this team had a long history of being out of control.  The psychology of such a reputatioon is a real bitch, where each year people get more and more stupid, trying to outdo stories of previous folks - even though often those stories have been exaggerated.

I have no problem, then, with imagining them doing sick and perverted things to a drunk and even passed out stripper.

Well, gee, maybe you should go read this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=456422

So, your feeling that they did it is based on your jealousy of the rich boys.

So, you can't imagine her doing this, yet you can imagine the "rich boys" doing it.  What a fucking load.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Go3 has a winner!!

WHAT evidence.
All we've heard is the usual rumors and BS from the press, the prosecutor, the defense lawyers, and the race pimps like Jesse Jackson.

EVERYTHING is total BS EXCEPT what actually gets introduced to a jury inside a court room, and we ain't heard that yet.

A prosecutor or a news reporter can say she has 12 angels who saw them rape her, and the defense and THEIR news reporters can say the boys were having dinner with Jesus in New York at the time.

It's the REAL evidence presented in a COURT in front of a judge and a jury that counts.

All we've heard is news media CRAP.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So, you can't imagine her doing this, yet you can imagine the "rich boys" doing it.  What a fucking load.

Oh, I'm "jealous" now?

What about those "rich boys" should I be jealous of?

I could almost understand being jealous of their parents.

I made it through college without daddy's money and credit cards, thank you.

I have seen sadistic overprivileged fuckers do some pretty disgusting things to people - THAT is believable.

I have never heard of someone abusing themselves enough to convine a medical examiner that a sexual assualt was commited - THAT is harder for me to believe.

How is this so fucking hard for you to understand?  I am clearly stating my gut belief, and admitting there is likely not enough evidence to convict.

You seem to have some personal, emotional stake in the case - as do many others here.

Funny though, I don't remember people so vehemently defending Kobe.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Go3 has a winner!!

WHAT evidence.
All we've heard is the usual rumors and BS from the press, the prosecutor, the defense lawyers, and the race pimps like Jesse Jackson.

EVERYTHING is total BS EXCEPT what actually gets introduced to a jury inside a court room, and we ain't heard that yet.

A prosecutor or a news reporter can say she has 12 angels who saw them rape her, and the defense and THEIR news reporters can say the boys were having dinner with Jesus in New York at the time.

It's the REAL evidence presented in a COURT in front of a judge and a jury that counts.

Oddly, this hasn't stopped many arfcommers from "knowing" she is making it up, and even insisting on pressing charges against her (funny how there is not enough evidence to convict the alleged rapists, but apparently plenty to convict the alleged false accuser).
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#32]
if the condom does not fit you must acquit !!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go3 has a winner!!

WHAT evidence.

Oddly, this hasn't stopped many arfcommers from "knowing" she is making it up, and even insisting on pressing charges against her (funny how there is not enough evidence to convict the alleged rapists, but apparently plenty to convict the alleged false accuser).

Oddly, this hasn't some "arfcommers" from "knowing" they did it and even insisting on the boys being guilty.

I guess you must be "better" than the rest of us.  Did you check out that other thread?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I'm "jealous" now?

I have seen sadistic overprivileged fuckers do some pretty disgusting things to people - THAT is believable.

I have never heard of someone abusing themselves enough to convine a medical examiner that a sexual assualt was commited - THAT is harder for me to believe.

How is this so fucking hard for you to understand?  I am clearly stating my gut belief, and admitting there is likely not enough evidence to convict.

You seem to have some personal, emotional stake in the case - as do many others here.

Sounds like you have a case of "white guilt".  Maybe people didn't defend Kobe because the circumstances were completely different.

Your "gut" belief based on absolutely nothing except your admitted bias or jealousy as most would call it.  At least the others are basing it on what is coming out.

I love you you exclaim so much you are not jealous and how you put yourself through college, yet each sentence just reaks of jealousy.  You admitted your bias earlier.  Sounds like jealousy.

Oh, I have no personal stake, but I just love to listen to "sensitive" types accuse others of rushing to judgement while they rush just as hard the other way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go3 has a winner!!

WHAT evidence.

Oddly, this hasn't some "arfcommers" from "knowing" they did it and even insisting on the boys being guilty.

I guess you must be "better" than the rest of us.  Did you check out that other thread?

Alleged pictures of alleged wounds showing alleged evidence?

I'm impressed.

Like others have clearly said, the only evidence that counts will be presented in the trial.  Everything else in nonsense and conjecture.

Finally, where have I said I "KNOW" the players are guilty?  I clearly admitted I don't know, but that I can easily imagine it happening - more easily than I can imagine a stripper violently molesting herself and gouing through the process of a rape trial in order to try and make money.

I have also clearly admitted my bias.  Have you?

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Sounds like you have a case of "white guilt".  Maybe people didn't defend Kobe because the circumstances were completely different.

Funny, but I haven't mentioned race.  I also was unaware there was even a racial element to this when I first heard about the case (the press has been trying there best to avoid mentioning it).

Kobe, like these Lacross guys was a rich athlete.  Both "victims" were accused of chasing the easy buck.

The fact that you see this as so different, based only on media reports, either makes you ignorant of how both the media and prosectors work or something far worse.

Your "gut" belief based on absolutely nothing except your admitted bias or jealousy as most would call it.  At least the others are basing it on what is coming out.

I love you you exclaim so much you are not jealous and how you put yourself through college, yet each sentence just reaks of jealousy.  You admitted your bias earlier.  Sounds like jealousy.

Oh, I have no personal stake, but I just love to listen to "sensitive" types accuse others of rushing to judgement while they rush just as hard the other way.

Your right, I am SOOO jealous.

I want to be a a college kid who gets my jollies off hiring strippers at drunken house parties when others are actually attending classes and learning something.  Yup, that's me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Y'all are a bunch of racists!  

Of course they raped her.  A woman, espacially a black woman, would never falsely accuse white men of rape!  That would be wrong, and black women are above reproach.  And we all know how white men can't control themselves once they catch the irresistable scent of an attractive black woman.  White men really are animals...

Funny, this sounds vaguely familiar.  Oh, I know!  Just swap black and white, and let the lynching begin!

Remember, it's not about the strength of the evidence, it's the seriousness of the charge...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, but I haven't mentioned race.  I also was unaware there was even a racial element to this when I first heard about the case (the press has been trying there best to avoid mentioning it).

Kobe, like these Lacross guys was a rich athlete.  Both "victims" were accused of chasing the easy buck.

The fact that you see this as so different, based only on media reports eithe rmakes you ignorant of how both the media and prosectors work or something far worse.

Your right, I am SOOO jealous.

I want to be a a college kid who gets my jollies off hiring strippers at drunken house parties when others are actually attending classes and learning something.  Yup, that's me.

You don't see the different cirumstances in the Kobe case and you have the audacity to try and insinuate that I am ignorant.

Let's see, one involved an employee at a hotel in his room, the other involves a stripper in a frat house.  Nah, no difference at all.

For you to say you didn't mention race is just another copout.  Oh, I'm ignorant huh.  You didn't know there was a racial angle, even though Jesse has already gotten into it.  What a crock.

You can deny your jealousy all you want, but it's pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#39]
No one outside the court/DA has seen any evidence yet.  The only thing you've seen is media bullshit in their search for gullible fools to sell stuff to.  

Looks like they'll make big bucks off of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Now isn't there a song by the Bloodhound Gang about this "...lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying..."
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
who cares?

My sentiments exactly.  Who gives a shit what some drunk scank says happened.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 2:12:37 AM EDT
[#42]
This is another "Kobe Bryant" case; the stripper is lying and she's making shit up to get money and her 15 mins. of fame.

Attention whore!

Now these kids lives are ruined thanks to that greedy *censored*

Pisses me off!
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally, she said that three white men raped her, but couldn't identify them.

So, the 27 white members are DNA'd.  Nothing comes up on the DNA.

Now, all of a sudden yesterday, she can identify them?

There's a lot of [Red Foreman] Dumbass [/Red Foreman] to go around, but from everything I've seen so far, it seems like the Duke boys get the least of the Dumbass.  But we'll have to wait and see how everything shakes out.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:09:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Originally, she said that three white men raped her, but couldn't identify them.

So, the 27 white members are DNA'd.  Nothing comes up on the DNA.

Now, all of a sudden yesterday, she can identify them?

There's a lot of [Red Foreman] Dumbass [/Red Foreman] to go around, but from everything I've seen so far, it seems like the Duke boys get the least of the Dumbass.  But we'll have to wait and see how everything shakes out.

She can ID them AFTER their photos were plastered on the front page of the Durham Paper.

Most likely the skank didn't get the tip money she thought she deserved (because she showed up trashed and beat up).  So she decided to make them boys pay.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Her story gets worse and worse as facts come out.  

From the news this morning:  Her story is that her and another stripper arrived at the house at 12:02 am, danced for several minutes, got pissed and went outside for several minutes, came back in and had a couple drinks, then got split up and the rape occured.

One of the men who were arrested has receipt from an atm at 12:24 AM a few miles from the house and a taxi driver who states that he picked the "suspect" and another male up a couple blocks from the house and drove them to the atm (at a gas station).  It takes 5 minutes or so to drive there, so the taxi picked them up at 12:19.  The news didn't say anything about the taxi driver driving them back, so her whole time line is messed up.

ETA: After the atm the taxi driver took him to his dorm room and not back to the party, which is cooberated by a record of his swipe card being used to get into the dorm at the appropriate time.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Her story gets worse and worse as facts come out.  

From the news this morning:  Her story is that her and another stripper arrived at the house at 12:02 am, danced for several minutes, got pissed and went outside for several minutes, came back in and had a couple drinks, then got split up and the rape occured.

One of the men who were arrested has receipt from an atm at 12:24 AM a few miles from the house and a taxi driver who states that he picked the "suspect" and another male up a couple blocks from the house and drove them to the atm (at a gas station).  It takes 5 minutes or so to drive there, so the taxi picked them up at 12:19.  The news didn't say anything about the taxi driver driving them back, so her whole time line is messed up.

They had pictures and a timeline on the news this morning.Guy has an atm receipt,taxi driver as a witness,then went to his dorm.Had to be the fastest rape ever looking at the pictures/timeline.

She's lying.

When they prove she's lying,they need to take her to the nearest prison and let her find out what rape really is
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Hmmmm....claims to have been raped by members of Dukes Lacrosse team.  Yet there is no DNA evidence to prove it.

Once again , claims to have been raped by Duke's lacrosse team.  ER nurse says there wasnt any proof of rape, and very little proof that she even had sex that night.

Came to the party, already bruised and beaten, according to her fellow strippers, and to the pictures.

Left the party in a good mood, according to the other strippers.

With all this testimony, and the distinct lack of evidence, there's no way in hell you can convict.  

I'm not a big fan of lawsuits, but when this is over, and they are found not guilty, I would sue the shit out of the DA, Duke U., and the broad.  Bankrupt them all.

Now isn't there a song by the Bloodhound Gang about this "...lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying..

Oh I find its quite a thrill,
When she grinds me against her will,
Oh the lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I'm "jealous" now?

actually I do remember people defending Kobe after it was revealed that the girl had fucked 3 different guys the same night.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Thank God that in this country you are innocent until PROVEN guilty.

I think the DA is going to get his pee-pee slapped in the courtroom because he has to PROVE they committed this crime and I don't think he can do it, I don't think he has the evidence.

I was listening to some talking head show and they basically said the DA had nothing but since he is coming up for re-election he was going to pursue the case in an effort to get the black vote.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I think this is one area where the UK actually does things better than we do by severly restricting pretrial media coverage.  People get crucified in the media in the US, the jury pool gets totally polluted and justice is not served.

In this case, I think the prosecuter is letting his ambition make decisions for him and this is, unfortunately, a fairly common phenom and as they say, a Grand Jury will indict a ham sammich.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top