Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2001 6:19:50 PM EDT
This show gets my vote for the worst new program.  Before anyone says anything about me watching the Lifetime Network, the network for women, I am working out of town and I don't have much to do but surf the TV and the net.  The episode this evening focused on the evils of gunshows.  It seems that everyone that purchases a weapon at a gunshow also purchases a "kit" to convert their "military style weapon" to fire full auto.  The show ended with one of the main characters crying out "no more gunshows". Programs with antigun messages don't typically bother me that much but this show was extremely misleading.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife doesn't watch it or soaps. She can shoot my AR-15 very well. Came back from today's gun show with 2 new 20 round colt magazines, some parts for my AR-15's that I was missing in my kits and a new USGI bayonet w/sheath for my Pre-ban. Both were still sealed in original package.
She purchased a complete (used) German "BDU" with all the units insignia's still sewn on in mint condition. I wish I would have known the show was on. "One must know the enemy"
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like more propaganda for the female sheep...[uzi]
OBTW, do you think I could get a "kit" to convert my "military" K98 to full auto?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like more propaganda for the female sheep...[uzi]
OBTW, do you think I could get a "kit" to convert my "military" K98 to full auto?
View Quote

Now that would be an engineering feat !
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife doesn't watch it or soaps. She can shoot my AR-15 very well. Came back from today's gun show with 2 new 20 round colt magazines, some parts for my AR-15's that I was missing in my kits and a new USGI bayonet w/sheath for my Pre-ban. Both were still sealed in original package.
She purchased a complete (used) German "BDU" with all the units insignia's still sewn on in mint condition. I wish I would have known the show was on. "One must know the enemy"
View Quote

But, did you get the "kit" to convert your "military style weapon" to fire full auto?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Were they filming from inside the fun show? Every show I have been to says at the door "no cameras allowed".
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Imbro no it was fiction.  

One of the characters stopped a girl purchasing an AR-15 and asked her why she needed it.  They attempted to make it seem that gun shows contained a lot illegal activities, dealers selling "kits" to convert to full auto and guns out of vans in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

But, did you get the "kit" to convert your "military style weapon" to fire full auto?
View Quote

I wonder if a "Spontaneous Confession" can be used in a Court of Law if read on the Internet ?
I know we have a couple of "Lawyers" on these forums, as they had a very long thread going yesterday. So I'll add this, if someone says he has a "Full Auto" in a post, would this give "Probable Cause" ? But anyway, "I refuse to answer, as any answer I give, may be used against me, in a Court of Law. Among other duties in the Military, for the last 2 years of my career I was in the Military Law Enforcement part of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top