Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 1:47:21 PM EDT
OK, you are the US President and things are getting out of hand (Duh..).

Identify your primary threats and pick your allies.

Will you go with the old NATO standbys (UK and colonies, Western Europe, Isreal, etc.)?

Or will you form a regional coalition (Saudi, Turkey, etc.)?

Or will you attempt a "new" Team (former Soviet territories, China, etc.)?

I personally see China as a threat but not necessarily a military one. I don't think they want to fuck with the cash register. The US is a significant contributor to their economy. The soviets only wish they could stock Wal Mart with crappy Russian goods.

I think the real threat is Muslim countries (NOT just the terrorists that are supported and sustained by those countries) who have a religious and cultural ideology that ultimately conflicts with Democracy and will ALWAYS eventually define us as the enemy, much like the ideologies of Germany and Japan did more than a half a century ago.

I think we are INSANE if we go about addressing this problem with a coalition of local Muslim theocracies which ultimately see US as the enemy. It would be as absurd as allying with Italy in the late 1930s to deal with the threat of expantionist Germany. Never mind we actually sorta did that (Italy helped broker the Munich confrence and annexation of Austria).

I think our obvious allies are the standbys of course (the UK and the few Western European countries that haven't been taken hostage by large Muslim populations). I think we should actually USE Israel for a change, yes this would insight the Arab countries and unify them but I think we are fools to think that isn't already the case. We are gonna need a safe and reliable staging area and Israel is the obvious choice.

And I think we really need to get on the same page with the Russians. Yes we almost nuked each other a couple times, and they fucked us in Vietnam and we fucked them in Afghanistan, but we need to move past. If we can become allied with Japan and Germany following WWII we certainly can deal with the Russians who also have a Muslim problem (they are no fan of Chechnyan Muslims).

I'm not really sure if we want the Chinese to play or not. I don't know that they see ME countries as the same kind of threat or not. Having China help us with this one could be a lot like Italy helping us in WWII, you're not sure they are gonna be much help and really might fuck you when you aren't looking. But they do have some big toys to bring to the game.

I also don't think a "limited action" is gonna solve the issue. GWI was a perfect example of "not enough." The big problem of course is Russia and China gaining control of large areas of ME oil reserves. But it can't be much worse than the islamic theocracies that currently administer them. I think it's time for Israel to gain some acreage in the Middle East and I don't see anything wrong with some "new" European colonies, perhaps to make up for those lost in Africa.

Obviously any "moderate" Arab states that adopt something close to a Democracy (especially if they help us or at least just stay out of the way) should be left alone to conduct their own affairs.

For decades the Balkans were silent because an overlord like Tito kept local "tribal conflicts" in perspective. And if we had not screwed with the Russians in Afghanistan the Taliban would have been way too busy with them to screw with us.

So I see this as the only real solution. I don't think these areas are going to evolve a "civilization" fast enough to take us out of their crosshairs. I think we are nation building (especially in Afghanistan) for our enemies. I don't think their "culture and religion" will ever permit anything else. In Germany and Japan we had to destroy and forbid that "culture." We don't seem willing to do that in the ME.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to have to go with the vatican...they've got the cool uniforms.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Team America.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
NATO standbys.  We can trust them, they're proven and they'll have no problems with the ROP from within.  Whether we like it or not, we're in a battle with the ROP and we have to deal severly with them.

HH
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I say us along with the Canadians and the Brazilians. The Canucks can bring the beer, and the Brazilians can bring the women.

Good times to be had by all, and just imagine the look on Hadji's face when he hears we are coming with an army of ten thousand Brazilian soldiers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
US, UK, Israel, Australia, South Korea and Japan (now that Japan is rearming). If it came to a serious shooting match, that's who I'd want on my side. I'd also let the Danes and Swiss come play on my team if they wanted, though they tend to stay out of the way usually and tend to themselves.

I suppose I could handle token support from the other European nations, such as Germany, France, etc. But with the pussification of Europe, I'd prefer they just stay the hell outta the way when the shooting starts.

As for Canada, I wouldn't mind having their troops fighting on our side. But Canada's overall political atmosphere leaves a great deal to be desired.

So there's my team. It would include NO ROP nations.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I say us along with the Canadians and the Brazilians. The Canucks can bring the beer, and the Brazilians can bring the women.

Good times to be had by all, and just imagine the look on Hadji's face when he hears we are coming with an army of ten thousand Brazilian soldiers.

While Brazilians do have hot women, they are none too friendly
to Americans.
Canadians do have good beer, though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to Americans.

BLECH!!!  Sparkling piss water!

Drink Guinness! It's good for you.

-K
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
canadian women are very very friendly
Cause they have great beer
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
US + Swiss, Canada, Scandanavia (less Sweden, no one likes sweden and they are bastards), UK (for all the shit they get, they spend more money on defense than most of Europe), Poland, Russia, South Africa, Austrailia...

This is the dream team. Vs some kind of Islamic-Chino axis.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Push the button

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
US + Swiss, Canada, Scandanavia (less Sweden, no one likes sweden and they are bastards), UK (for all the shit they get, they spend more money on defense than most of Europe), Poland, Russia, South Africa, Austrailia...

South Africa?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to Americans.

BLECH!!!  Sparkling piss water!

Drink Guinness! It's good for you.

-K

I agree, but the bear-fu is strong with the Canadians.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My dream team would consist of about 15 well placed high yield nukes.

Why waste the manpower?

Fallout maybe
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
USA(USAF/USMC/ARMY/NAVY)

UK(army)

Israel(air force)

Australia(navy)

South Korea(army)

Japan(army and navy)

Peru (believe it or not, Peru has a seriouly bad ass airforce)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Any sort of alliance with China would be like our alliance with the Soviets in WWII.  They'd take half the ground gained and fuck us something fierce in the end.

There are very very few countries we can really count on; the UK being the most obvious and some of the newly liberated eastern European countries.  Playing with or against the russians is bad mojo as with China.  I'd rather they stayed the fuck out.

Unlike Germany and Japan, I've come to believe if you bomb a ME country, do not try to rebuild it unless the people are really willing to change.  Most of the time you need to let it stay bombed.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
USA(USAF/USMC/ARMY/NAVY)

UK(army)

Israel(air force)

Australia(navy)

South Korea(army)

Japan(army and navy)

+1 (but add India as cannon fodder)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

South Africa?

Strategic location, relatively westernized culture. Not as good as the Pre-'89 military there but meh.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How many is in a Brazilian?

I wouldn't count on Britain, unless they're attacked to. There are more waffles over there than in all the IHOPs of the world.

The Swiss won't fight- they don't have to. They'll just freeze everybodys bank accounts.

Australia- OK, Aussies are like Texans, they don't take shit offa noone, except their own politicians..

Canada- Maybe the Western Canadians, but the Eastern ones will panic, much like their Phrench progenators.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
US, UK, Israel, Australia, South Korea and Japan...Canada...

So there's my team. It would include NO ROP nations.

+1

With extra emphasis on the first 3.

The United States, United Kingdom, and Israel pwn all.

The others would be nice, but they can sit out if they want.

Also let me second C_H's notion of NO ROPers.  Remember that OBL was a malcontented Saudi before 9/11.  Don't want any ROP turncoats in the future.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
For Allies, I'll take France, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Spain and Italy.
Just to make it a fair contest, as enemies, I'll take Sierre Leone, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Papua New Guinea and the entire population of Antarctica.

This time the USA sits back with a huge bowl of popcorn and watches on pay per view.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Good times to be had by all, and just imagine the look on Hadji's face when he hears we are coming with an army of ten thousand Brazilian soldiers  women.

Fixed it for ya.    

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#24]
USA FOR TEH WIN!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
USA(USAF/USMC/ARMY/NAVY)

UK(army)

Israel(air force)

Australia(navy)

South Korea(army)

Japan(army and navy)

+1 (but add India as cannon fodder)

+2
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Team America.

www.moviepropking.com/team%20america(1).jpg

FVCK YEAH!

I just found my new desktop
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#27]
this maybe a joke now and we can all laugh, but if it become reality, holy shit!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Honestly, if we had the UK, Isreal, and some of the other friendly US countries and africa, we would be set.  We would also need a complete backing to actually fight the war, instead of trying to make friends.  This media crap is making a hard fight 10x worse, because while the troops are doing a good job, the only thing we hear is the bad things.  

We need to:

1.  Strike fast, win fast, and decimate their forces
2.  Not play fair.  They wont.  This means Isreal is necessary for more than just fighting........intelligence gathering is a MUST
3.  Do what we did to japan and germany, and prevent them from just restarting this crap.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
 This media crap is making a hard fight 10x worse, because while the troops are doing a good job, the only thing we hear is the bad things.  

I agree, I think the propaganda war is going to be HUGE the next time around.  We mustn't underestimate the value of morale to the good guys and demoralizing the bad guys.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I think in a time of "shit", Turkey would be more so on our side than most of us realize.  They have to walk the thinline now, but when the tug of war begins... they'll be pulling for the US and allies.  I'd bet on it.

US, UK and Commonwealth (Aussie, Canada, India [yes India. you'd be surprised] ), Germany, Holland, Denmark, Belgium, Israel, Japan (in more of a support role) and maybe Columbia.  Otherwise,... I'd have to do more research.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Since this is the age of technology, and we already own them (NUKES)

Just Do It
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top