Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 12:22:34 PM EDT
Here's the deal. I have some gold jewelry that my ex-wife bought me years ago. Some of it is 10k gold and some is 14K gold. Where is the best place to sell it? What price might I get for it? I have no idea how this works. Hell, I would be happy if I got enough cash to get a couple more mags for my P226. Anyone in the pawn shop or jewelry business out there? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Here's the deal. I have some gold jewelry that my ex-wife bought me years ago. Some of it is 10k gold and some is 14K gold. Where is the best place to sell it? What price might I get for it? I have no idea how this works. Hell, I would be happy if I got enough cash to get a couple more mags for my P226. Anyone in the pawn shop or jewelry business out there? Thanks.

Appropriate name for this question (Junebug Spade!)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Some jewelry stores will buy it back by weight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Pawn shop will usually give you near spot price for gold.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What's that mean?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
kitco

spot price right now is 610-620 an oz.    of course the 10k would be much discounted, also the 14k.    pure gold is 24k, so your jewelry is right around 50% gold.    so you'd probably get 300 an oz, i guess.   I don't think the other allow metals really add much to the value.   silver is around 13-14 so that might get you 305ish for 50% silver, 50% gold.   I don't know which metals are used to alloy gold though.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's that mean?

The daily market price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's that mean?

Spot price is the market trading price for raw assayed ore, volume may vary, there is a 15% charge and whatever the mint charges for refining and stricking a round or bar.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

how much does the jewelry weigh?

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how much does the jewelry weigh?

I don't really know offhand. I should really weigh it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top