Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 10:00:20 AM EDT
Local ATL guy has an idea.......

www.bloggwinnett.com/wpblog/bobg/?p=32#more-32

I am becoming more nationalistic* by the day.

I have always believed that I live in the greatest country in history, and I am unapologetic for the blessings that God, a pioneer spirit and a favorable climate have bestowed upon us. But, day by day, I become more aware of the forces, from within and without, that want to destroy my homeland or, at the very least, abuse its resources. And I am growing angry.

For example, I have finally reached the boiling point on illegal immigration. We are a nation of laws, including those that control how visitors can enter this country, how long they can stay and how they can become permanent citizens. I expect those visitors to obey the same laws that citizens are expected to follow; and I expect my government to enforce the law when those visitors choose to ignore it.

It’s bad enough when the invaders** (and that’s what they are) sneak across the border by night, then hide in the undocumented crevices of society. It is quite another thing to then demand, by the light of day, that their lawlessness be excused. Such have been the marches staged across the nation and in my Capitol– thousands of lawbreakers protesting my representatives’ efforts to control our borders and stop the lawlessness.

It angers me when the interlopers so brazenly demand the protection of the same law that they flaunted with their very first steps on American soil. My blood boiled as I watched student illegals skip the classes that you and I paid for to protest that you and I aren’t doing enough. I fumed as I watched illegals, waving the Mexican flag, insist that I “treat them like Americans.”

America is my home. I consider myself a generous and hospitable kind of guy, but you have overstepped your bounds when you break into my house… eat my food and sleep in my bed, and then demand that I “forgive and forget” and treat you like a member of the family.

It is not like we ask the impossible of the illegals. Hundreds of thousands of people from around the world have come to this country legally, persevered through the process, “studied to show themselves approved” and earned the precious honor of American citizenship. It can be done; the invaders simply choose not to make the effort.

I probably wouldn’t be so angry if I trusted my elected officials to do the right thing– but I don’t. I have never seen so many spineless and self-serving excuses for leadership as I have in elected office, primarily in the U.S. Senate. Some of proposed “solutions,” especially the ones that include amnesty for lawbreakers, cheapen the freedom that we hold so dear and are a slap in the face of those immigrants who came here legally.

Many state and local officials– the folks who actually face the chaos caused by illegal immigration every day– have a better understanding of the crisis than do the clueless in Washington, DC. The locals see the gang warfare, the declining neighborhoods, the glutted job market and the hospital emergency rooms crowded by sniffling children.

The problem, unfortunately, has grown so large that it demands a national solution. And I don’t think that the incompetents in Washington have the fortitude to do what must be done.

“Nothing Gringo on May 1″

I finally reached the end of my rope when I read of yet another protest, a “Day Without Immigrants” boycott scheduled for May 1 that is also being marketed by activists as “Nothing Gringo on May 1.” Judging by the conversations I have had with friends and family, I know that many of you have had enough as well.

As I said, there is not much that we can do on a local level to combat the illegal immigration problem except support like-minded elected officials with our dollars and our votes. But I plan to do something that may make me feel just a little better. And I invite you to join me.

“Nothing Mexican on Cinco de Mayo”

This year, “Cinco de Mayo” (”the 5th of May”) falls on a Friday. Normally, I would be in my favorite Mexican restaurant enjoying a “burrito supremo” and a couple of monster margaritas. This year, that ain’t happening.

For the most part, the holiday of Cinco de Mayo is a limited, regional holiday in Mexico, celebrated most vigorously in the state of Puebla where the Mexican militia repulsed a French invasion attempt in 1862. The holiday has actually become a bigger deal in the U.S. where commercial interests have promoted the holiday with products and services focused on Mexican food, beverages and festivities.

This year, Cinco de Mayo will be a celebration of my hope that America will repulse the current invasion of illegal aliens. I will not patronize my favorite Mexican restaurant nor any other Hispanic-owned or “Mexican-themed” business on May 5 or the week thereafter. Neither will I employ the services of any company that I know to employ illegal aliens.

If you feel as frustrated and as voiceless as I do, please join me in my mini-protest and support America’s sovereignty with your dollars on Friday, May 5. You are also invited to comment on this article at my blog, www.BobGriggs.com or express yourself in Gwinnett’s oldest and most respected discussion forum, TalkGwinnett.com, by clicking here.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could boycott Mexico completely, but so much stuff gets made there that it's hard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't it a COC violation to type gr****?

It is a slur against white people.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
What gets made there? I know cars and other pieces and parts for cars. So I won't buy a new car on the 5th, but really what else could you not buy that they would even notice
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I will not have my lawn mowed, bushes trimmed, or roof shingled on 5/5/06.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Apparently quite a few racial slurs against whites are tolerated here.

If you have a problem with that, IM the Staff.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to cause problems for the poster, just pointing out how fast-n-loose we play when white folks are the target.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to cause problems for the poster, just pointing out how fast-n-loose we play when white folks are the target.

I'm just posting the article in its original content. If you are referring to the thread title, it was simply paraphrased from the original content of the article. They are the words of the author.

"Gringo" does not bother me. Neither does c.........nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just posting the article in its original content. If you are referring to the thread title, it was simply paraphrased from the original content of the article. They are the words of the author.

"Gringo" does not bother me. Neither does c.........nevermind.

I understand completely and am sympathetic.

You see headlines like this all the time in the mainstream media.

Personally, I'd prefer to go back to the days when we called each other "Sp**", "W**", "Fri**" etc, on and on. It was easier to actually converse when people didn't use those as red-herrings to derail discussions.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh there are many here, myself included, that "play fast-n-loose" with the white-slurs - usually just to point out the glaring selectivity of certain allowable words on the board and in our society.

Granted they can't ban EVERY offensive word on these forums and there's been plenty of threads about this discussion before. But it is interesting how there's virtually NO white-slur that is verboten to be posted.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I am mailing bricks to arrive at my representatives and senators offices on May 5.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Local ATL guy has an idea.......

www.bloggwinnett.com/wpblog/bobg/?p=32#more-32

I am becoming more nationalistic* by the day.

I have always believed that I live in the greatest country in history, and I am unapologetic for the blessings that God, a pioneer spirit and a favorable climate have bestowed upon us. But, day by day, I become more aware of the forces, from within and without, that want to destroy my homeland or, at the very least, abuse its resources. And I am growing angry.

For example, I have finally reached the boiling point on illegal immigration. We are a nation of laws, including those that control how visitors can enter this country, how long they can stay and how they can become permanent citizens. I expect those visitors to obey the same laws that citizens are expected to follow; and I expect my government to enforce the law when those visitors choose to ignore it.

It’s bad enough when the invaders** (and that’s what they are) sneak across the border by night, then hide in the undocumented crevices of society. It is quite another thing to then demand, by the light of day, that their lawlessness be excused. Such have been the marches staged across the nation and in my Capitol– thousands of lawbreakers protesting my representatives’ efforts to control our borders and stop the lawlessness.

It angers me when the interlopers so brazenly demand the protection of the same law that they flaunted with their very first steps on American soil. My blood boiled as I watched student illegals skip the classes that you and I paid for to protest that you and I aren’t doing enough. I fumed as I watched illegals, waving the Mexican flag, insist that I “treat them like Americans.”

America is my home. I consider myself a generous and hospitable kind of guy, but you have overstepped your bounds when you break into my house… eat my food and sleep in my bed, and then demand that I “forgive and forget” and treat you like a member of the family.

It is not like we ask the impossible of the illegals. Hundreds of thousands of people from around the world have come to this country legally, persevered through the process, “studied to show themselves approved” and earned the precious honor of American citizenship. It can be done; the invaders simply choose not to make the effort.

I probably wouldn’t be so angry if I trusted my elected officials to do the right thing– but I don’t. I have never seen so many spineless and self-serving excuses for leadership as I have in elected office, primarily in the U.S. Senate. Some of proposed “solutions,” especially the ones that include amnesty for lawbreakers, cheapen the freedom that we hold so dear and are a slap in the face of those immigrants who came here legally.

Many state and local officials– the folks who actually face the chaos caused by illegal immigration every day– have a better understanding of the crisis than do the clueless in Washington, DC. The locals see the gang warfare, the declining neighborhoods, the glutted job market and the hospital emergency rooms crowded by sniffling children.

The problem, unfortunately, has grown so large that it demands a national solution. And I don’t think that the incompetents in Washington have the fortitude to do what must be done.

“Nothing Gringo on May 1″

I finally reached the end of my rope when I read of yet another protest, a “Day Without Immigrants” boycott scheduled for May 1 that is also being marketed by activists as “Nothing Gringo on May 1.” Judging by the conversations I have had with friends and family, I know that many of you have had enough as well.

As I said, there is not much that we can do on a local level to combat the illegal immigration problem except support like-minded elected officials with our dollars and our votes. But I plan to do something that may make me feel just a little better. And I invite you to join me.

“Nothing Mexican on Cinco de Mayo”

This year, “Cinco de Mayo” (”the 5th of May”) falls on a Friday. Normally, I would be in my favorite Mexican restaurant enjoying a “burrito supremo” and a couple of monster margaritas. This year, that ain’t happening.

For the most part, the holiday of Cinco de Mayo is a limited, regional holiday in Mexico, celebrated most vigorously in the state of Puebla where the Mexican militia repulsed a French invasion attempt in 1862. The holiday has actually become a bigger deal in the U.S. where commercial interests have promoted the holiday with products and services focused on Mexican food, beverages and festivities.

This year, Cinco de Mayo will be a celebration of my hope that America will repulse the current invasion of illegal aliens. I will not patronize my favorite Mexican restaurant nor any other Hispanic-owned or “Mexican-themed” business on May 5 or the week thereafter. Neither will I employ the services of any company that I know to employ illegal aliens.

If you feel as frustrated and as voiceless as I do, please join me in my mini-protest and support America’s sovereignty with your dollars on Friday, May 5. You are also invited to comment on this article at my blog, www.BobGriggs.com or express yourself in Gwinnett’s oldest and most respected discussion forum, TalkGwinnett.com, by clicking here.

I am boycotting Mexican restaurants, full-time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top