Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 9:58:20 AM EDT
I take my xterra on trips alot back home and would like to take my m4gery with me. Nice to know I have it if I need it but I dont want it to get stolen or be seen. The rear storage of the X has a pull over cover but is there any way to make a lockable storage container that attaches to the hooks or something? Any SUV guys chime in with anything youve found to work. I do have a factory security system but Im not gonna rely on that with a $800 rifle
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]
nobody has ideas?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them for full size trucks and even for suburbans but nothing for a Xterra.  They looked similar to the kind they use on the show 24.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
invisible soul and i installed an overhead high security roof lock for my M4 in my 2004 heritage edition regular cab ford F-150 about two years ago and it has worked great for me so far. Its basically a long metal bar that you bolt onto the frame supports on in the ceiling of the truck and it has metal boxes that cover the stock and the receiver and a big locking clasp that goes over the handguard or the barrel if you have a bunch of crap on your hand guard. I tried to order mine off of the GALLS law enforcement vechicle equipment page but they didnt have the one that had the tubular lock barrel clasp and ceiling mounts so i called tufloc  directly (theyre the manufacturer) and they took my credit card info and shipped it that day for like $300. Ive had my truck broken into once and they went right past the huge freaking M4 on the roof and took my radio so i highly recommend these locks for theft deterrence. Plus its got a 6-10 second electronic lock release activated by a hidden switch so the rifle is right behind you head on the ceiling and if you need it in a big hurry you can just hit the hidden button and grab it out of the lock. If you need any more details feel free to IM me and i might even be able to provide you with some pics of my setup.

http://galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=2183   this is where you can buy one though
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Both truck vault and these are very cool. So you have a exposed m4 above your head!!haha that might be a little to out there for my family vehicle/commuter. It would be good to mount something similar to that to the back floor or seats though.

The truck vault would be perfect except they dont make them for my ride. I didnt price them either but I can about guess they are expensive. Still very cool though and a great way to maximize room.

What about you guys with BOBs and other get home bags? Thats similar to what I want in my car but you too have to be concerned with a break in?

Quoted:
invisible soul and i installed an overhead high security roof lock for my M4 in my 2004 heritage edition regular cab ford F-150 about two years ago and it has worked great for me so far. Its basically a long metal bar that you bolt onto the frame supports on in the ceiling of the truck and it has metal boxes that cover the stock and the receiver and a big locking clasp that goes over the handguard or the barrel if you have a bunch of crap on your hand guard. I tried to order mine off of the GALLS law enforcement vechicle equipment page but they didnt have the one that had the tubular lock barrel clasp and ceiling mounts so i called tufloc  directly (theyre the manufacturer) and they took my credit card info and shipped it that day for like $300. Ive had my truck broken into once and they went right past the huge freaking M4 on the roof and took my radio so i highly recommend these locks for theft deterrence. Plus its got a 6-10 second electronic lock release activated by a hidden switch so the rifle is right behind you head on the ceiling and if you need it in a big hurry you can just hit the hidden button and grab it out of the lock. If you need any more details feel free to IM me and i might even be able to provide you with some pics of my setup.

http://galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=2183   this is where you can buy one though

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top