Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 7:12:16 AM EDT
Software Testing and Customer Support
Short staffed.  Customers putting in trouble tickets faster than we can read them.  Functional testing phase ongoing.  VP takes my whole fricking morning to analyze an automation tool he found online, to see if we can use it to test.

It's not even a mother fucking automated "testing" tool.  It's just recording my clicks.  And it does not even check if it clicked the right thing!

I politely said that the tool works about as well for testing as dog shit does for hammering nails into concrete.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah - the executive life.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah...........

I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Sunday.  That'd be great....
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
and then the entire mid day is filled up with arfcom time. You should get a good two hours of work in at the end of the day.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Short staffed.  Customers putting in trouble tickets faster than we can read them.  Functional testing phase ongoing.  VP takes my whole fricking morning to analyze an automation tool he found online, to see if we can use it to test.

It's not even a mother fucking automated "testing" tool.  It's just recording my clicks.  And it does not even check if it clicked the right thing!

I politely said that the tool works about as well for testing as dog shit does for hammering nails into concrete.

If you're running windows,  www.winbatch.com.

And I write automation code for a living.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're running windows,  www.winbatch.com.

And I write automation code for a living.

hmm.  I'll take a look. Thanks.

Our software is completely web based.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

hmm.  I'll take a look. Thanks.

Our software is completely web based.

Winbatch can either finesse it by loading the contents of the rendered webpage into a buffer, id the tags &  other items contained, & directly trigger those items (of course depending on how ithe webapp is written), or get old school brutal & send mouse clicks to precise co-ordinates based on the positioning of the items in the internal page window, or the overall screen.

It has a pretty big range of things it can do. Just depends on how fast you need a solution or how much "extra functionality" you need to cram into it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#7]
i wish that was the stupidest thing i had ever heard a vp doing hehehe
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#8]
IQ's must go DOWN as people move UP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top