Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 9:12:05 PM EDT
.....playing a sports game, putting in 110%, playing excellently, and knowing you helped you team win the game.

Case in point, tonight we had an intramural floor hockey game. We were in the losers bracket and 1 loss away from being eliminated. Played a tough team. I put it all out there and scored three goals plus an assist.

We won 5-4. Feels fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Catching a killer. Catching a burglar. Catching a robber. Thrilling. Satisfying.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
congrats

Thanks. I know it's only intramural floor hockey but I'm a fierce competitor.

Averaging 2 goals a game too
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Floor hockey, boy that brings back some good memories.

We played that all through jr. and sr. high school, in 8th grade I started playing the goalie position all the time.

From 8th grade till my Junior year in HS what ever team I goalied  for won.  The Jr. and Sr. HS coaches kept records of our game, whether it be floor hockey, football, baseball.....

One of the coaches told me I had played in 75 game of floor hockey as goalie.  I was NEVER scored on, I had a perfect record.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
taking a shit
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Floor Hockey?

Isn't that women only?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Floor hockey, boy that brings back some good memories.

We played that all through jr. and sr. high school, in 8th grade I started playing the goalie position all the time.

From 8th grade till my Junior year in HS what ever team I goalied  for won.  The Jr. and Sr. HS coaches kept records of our game, whether it be floor hockey, football, baseball.....

One of the coaches told me I had played in 75 game of floor hockey as goalie.  I was NEVER scored on, I had a perfect record.

We played it all through middle and high school as well. We didn't have a real ice hockey team so it was the next best thing. Freakin' loved playing it then as much as I do now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 I was NEVER scored on, I had a perfect record.

I had that in HS as well, but was less happy about it.

Jokes aside, yeah, I have such memories when I played ice hockey for 15 years. Good days. I also have bad knees at the age of 23 to remember it by.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Floor Hockey?

Isn't that women only?

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Nah . Haveing the Feds clear your name after five months of hell is much better .
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats!  Being on a good team is cool, but being on a winning team is awesome.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top