Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 8:55:38 PM EDT

I built a bathroom vanity cabinet!! This is the first cabinet I have ever built, and it came out great!! There are some defects and stuff that I will know not to do next time, but overall, it looks great. On top of it will be a 2.5" concrete countertop and a glass vessel sink. The box is made from 3/4" MDF and is covered in maple veneer. The doors are made from solid maple. Again, this is the first one I've made, and my only teacher was a couple of books.

So, what do you think?

Kris
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/cabinet1.jpg

I built a bathroom vanity cabinet!! This is the first cabinet I have ever built, and it came out great!! There are some defects and stuff that I will know not to do next time, but overall, it looks great. On top of it will be a 2.5" concrete countertop and a glass vessel sink. The box is made from 3/4" MDF and is covered in maple veneer. The doors are made from solid maple. Again, this is the first one I've made, and my only teacher was a couple of books.

So, what do you think?

Kris

I want to redo my bathroom vanity.. can I?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice!  

Did you apply the veneer to the mdf, or did it come that way?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/cabinet1.jpg

So, what do you think?

Kris

I want to redo my bathroom vanity.. can I?

I know there is some sarcasm in that somewhere, but I'm not quite getting it. Please explain.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
-1 no gun
-1 no food
-1 no beer

great cabinet tho!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have a gay midget brother, now he can come out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looks nice!  

Did you apply the veneer to the mdf, or did it come that way?

I applied the veneer. The sides was paper backed glue on and the edge banding was iron on. Again, I learned a lot about glueing that stuff down from doing this. Now I will know what to look out for on my next project.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks good.

I can't wait until we move into a new place so I can build up some stuff like this in my shop. I bet you had a lot of fun doing it, huh?

Just don't start selling rifle racks.

It was a blast!! I'm taking on an entire kitchen next. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you have a gay midget brother, now he can come out.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
you could have just hired a illegal to build it  for $1 and you could have sat on your ass and had a beer
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
you could have just hired a illegal to build it  for $1 and you could have sat on your ass and had a beer

There's not a lot of them here in Michigan.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks good. Time to get going on the next one!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Good Job!!!

I have no woodworking skills
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice work.

I also love to do wood working (But cant find the time) Your cabinet looks amazing though
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's not a lot of them here in Michigan.

it would have cost ya 3 bucks instead.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
-1 no gun
-1 no food
-1 no beer

great cabinet tho!

Yes, there is no beer in the pic but there sure is a big ass bottle of Vodka!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I miss High School wood shop
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]
That's quite impressive.

Now, get busy on making a bump-fire device.....as your woodworking skill is up to the complexity needed to make a board with a broom handle through it.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That's quite impressive.

Now, get busy on making a bump-fire device.....as your woodworking skill is up to the complexity needed to make a board with a broom handle through it.

I already have one. I made it from an old AMD65 stock and some 3/4" chrome moly tubing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#20]
It's not a "defect",  It's "Character"!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top