Next to the Beef Jerky?

Sorry...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They might be fun to mess around with if you could reload and you had a limited range to play in but I can't think of any defensive situation for a civilian (yes I said civilian, take it in context and don't whine semantics) where a real shotgun shell wouldn't be more appropriate.  The rules of engagement for a legal shoot are going to apply whether you pull the trigger on a bean-bag or a real shell.  Bean-bags aren't "non-letahl" they are "less-lethal"  and if you find ourself in a situation where you would consider using a shotgun for defense, then you better damn well do it right.

A good shoot is a good shoot no matter the round, a bad shoot is a bad shoot no matter what the round, and if you use one a bean-bag just might get the wrong person killed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.firequest.com/catalog/non_lethal.html

that sight gives me the giggles.... is that unhealthy?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They might be fun to mess around with if you could reload and you had a limited range to play in but I can't think of any defensive situation for a civilian (yes I said civilian, take it in context and don't whine semantics) where a real shotgun shell wouldn't be more appropriate.  The rules of engagement for a legal shoot are going to apply whether you pull the trigger on a bean-bag or a real shell.  Bean-bags aren't "non-letahl" they are "less-lethal"  and if you find ourself in a situation where you would consider using a shotgun for defense, then you better damn well do it right.

A good shoot is a good shoot no matter the round, a bad shoot is a bad shoot no matter what the round, and if you use one a bean-bag just might get the wrong person killed.

Just wanted something to mess with.  SD rounds are just that...reall bullets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top