Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 1:00:45 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these?

I'm thinking of getting one but wanted to know if has first hand experience with them.

The only think that I don't like about them is that they are .223 instead of 5.56.

Thanks.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody's got to have experience with the AR-180B????
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
had one sold it,for the money there are better options
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
it would only interest me with a folder.

Held one, felt like a toy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
try here: www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=62

i think mechanically, its a sound design, just less than top quality materials...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I would get one if the lower wasn't plastic and the rear sight wasn't spot welded to the upper.

They look and feel cheap next to almost any other rifle.  Not as cheap as a KelTec, however.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I own one and like it a lot.

Never had a problem and it's quite light.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Talk to LARRYG he has one...

I didn't find anything wrong with it but, it's not a gun I can't live without...

ETA: It feels cheap compared to my IGF HK33...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one of the originals from the 1970's. Pretty cool rifle, light weight, fun to shoot. Of course 30 years of wear and tear have  made the finish a bit thin and the stock a little wobbly.

Would like to handle one of those new ones and see how it feels. Would like to see them do a post ban update with a flashider/bayo lug. Bringing back the side folding stock would be great too. Would definitely buy one then.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Would like to handle one of those new ones and see how it feels. Would like to see them do a post ban update with a flashider/bayo lug. Bringing back the side folding stock would be great too. Would definitely buy one then.

You can get upgrades for all of that. I haven't done it yet because I'm broke.

Oh, and it does have a 5.56mm chamber. 'least that's how mine is marked.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Very light --put an ACE folder on mine. easy to carry and shoot . pencil thin barrel and no HG heat shields means it heats up quick with more than 20-30 rounds downrange at a time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are the updates on the Armalite Website?  Do they have a part number for the no ban version with the above mentioned goodies?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are the updates on the Armalite Website?  Do they have a part number for the no ban version with the above mentioned goodies?

Check the AR-18 forum.
Mostly aftermarket.

ACE did the stock, I think ArmaLite did the bayo lug, and the FS you have a gunsmith do. Couple others do scope mounts and rails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top