Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:06:40 AM EDT
When I got up this morning, my back was a little sore. Now, I can't even stand up straight. I am literally having to crawl around on my hands and knees. The dog finds this quite entertaining.

I'm laying on an icepack right now, and I took some asprin, but I don't know what else to do. If I can't stand then I can't go and see anyone about this. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Call 911 and have them come and pick you up!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Call an ambulance?  If you are that bad off you probably should.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Probably just a sprain.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Lower back area? Might be kidney stones.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Practice firing prone.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Call an ambulance?  If you are that bad off you probably should.  Good luck.

Just tell them you're an illegal alien and you want free medical care. It's your right as a guest worker!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]

I would probably take 800 mg of Ibuprofin as a first step, until I could get some help in getting to a physician.

Your should know, however, that I have a PhD in Engineering Mechanics, and not an MD.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#8]
can i have your guns?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Or the beginning of some sort of Urinary or Kidney infection.  Go see a doctor.  If you are going to be down/out, at least know why.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Just in case, sign this here paper giving all your guns to me.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
can i have your guns?

Bullets first. I can shoot laying my back and I have a couple pieces handy. I'll get over this ailment, anyone coming through the door won't get over theirs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would probably take 800 mg of Ibuprofin as a first step, until I could get some help in getting to a physician.

Your should know, however, that I have a PhD in Engineering Mechanics, and not an MD.

All this time I thought you were an MD!

mowtown_steve, I'd call an ambulance or see if there is someone that can drive you to the hospital.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Nausea? Feel like you've been kicked in the nuts? Now think you know what childbirth feels like?

Could be kidney stones.  Go to the Doc, if only for pain relief.

Let us know what happens. We love this shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#14]
sounds like a herniated disc
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Steve,

Don't try to ride this out on your own.  Back problems just don't go away.  You only have one back (and one set of kidneys, etc) so seek medical attention.  At least go see a good chiropractor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like the initial symptoms of something I went through a dozen years ago.

Herpes zoster.  Hurts like hell.  At first, it feels just like you injured your back (assuming that your torso is what is afflicted).
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Worst pain of your life?  Can't stand up?  Have to crawl around?

Ignore it and go on like nothing's wrong.  I mean, pain is just your body's way of telling you to man up.  It's not like anything is really wrong.  You shouldn't even consider going to the hospital.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#18]
A good chiropracter. I had a problem like this before and after a couple visits I was ok. Total out of pocket cost was less than 150$
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the beginning of some sort of Urinary or Kidney infection.  Go see a doctor.  If you are going to be down/out, at least know why.

This is my thought also, kidney infection.

Drink a lot of water and see if it gets better.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#20]
a doctor told me kidney stones were the only way for a man to experience the level of pain women feel when giving birth
I've had them twice
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Call 911 and have them come and pick you up!

Si.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Get one of your buddies to take you to the doc. If you can't think of any reason for this like furniture moving, wild sex, or extreme ditch digging I would sure go to the doc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#23]
sounds like my herniated disk :P hopefully its something less permanent....

Ibuprofen is your friend..take some...is the pain going down your legs?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sounds like the initial symptoms of something I went through a dozen years ago.

Herpes zoster.  Hurts like hell.  At first, it feels just like you injured your back (assuming that your torso is what is afflicted).

What the hell is that?  It sounds UBER BAD!!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Practice firing prone.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

no.

isolated to my lower back.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When I got up this morning, my back was a little sore. Now, I can't even stand up straight. I am literally having to crawl around on my hands and knees. The dog finds this quite entertaining.

I'm laying on an icepack right now, and I took some asprin, but I don't know what else to do. If I can't stand then I can't go and see anyone about this. Any suggestions?

Dust under the bed while you are down there...

Seriously, get in to see a doc. Got anyone that can come pick you up? Were you moving ammo crates around yesterday or over the weekend? Anything that could have tweaked your back? Drinking binge? Snorting Drano? Give us a bit more to work on here...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Honestly...?

If you are in the worst pain of your entire life?  WTF are you doing posting in AR15.com?

TRG

laying on an ice pack. it only hurts when I stand, or walk, or sit, or crawl.

I'm fine if I lay perfectly still.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Only on ArfCom!!!

Writhing in pain and he's got to ask....  any suggestions?!

What is it about this place!?  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=452261

I'm still waiting for someone to stick an icepick in their eye, bitch about how they can't see the keys as they type asking for suggestions.    

Go see a Doc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dust under the bed while you are down there...

Seriously, get in to see a doc. Got anyone that can come pick you up? Were you moving ammo crates around yesterday or over the weekend? Anything that could have tweaked your back? Drinking binge? Snorting Drano? Give us a bit more to work on here...

Can't think of anything that would have caused it.

My dad is going to come and get me to take me to a chiropractor in a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#32]
well hopefully not a disc then, maybe you've just got muscle spasms going on... I would alternate the heat and cold and try some ibuprofen, if that doesn't have it in a couple hours i'd get to a dr. and get yourself checked out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Could be back spasms...

I thought I was having a heart attack when I had spasms a few years back... oh, man I was messed up. (couldn't take deep breaths, entire chest hurt, intense pain...)

(hurt bad but not as bad as migraines though )
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no.

isolated to my lower back.

Sounds like a lumbar muscle spasm. That'll lock you down good.

www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/423/Lumbar_Muscle_Spasms.html

ETA: This second one here recommends heat, not ice. That icing it down when you know you've done it some damage is good as it reduces inflammation, but that if you ice it later on it'll clamp down harder. Heat should loosen it up by increasing blood flow.
www.1backpain.com/backmusclespasm.htm

Get in and see a doc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Crawl into a cab and go to a chiropractor - one you haven't seen on TV.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Pain is your body's way of letting you know you ain't dead yet.

To the Emergency Room!

Oh... okay, the Chiro... but the ER sounds more dramatic.

Hope you get it fixed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

If it is, welcome to my nightmare
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#39]
I have had kidney stones and blown a disk in my back.  The disk pain definately trumps the kidney stone pain. On a 1 to 10 scale disk pain pushes 10 to new highs.

When you blow a disk, you know it.  You feel it pop, and almost hear it as well.  Doesn't take a lot of exertion to do it, just twisting and or lifting wrong.

Muscle spasm sounds more likely if you didn't do anything to pop your back.

If you put heat on a spasm, it gets better, on a bad disc, it gets worse.

When you really jave disc problems, pain rediates down your leg or legs, and you can lose use of your leg, both temporarily or perminantly due to nerve damage.

Oh, and fuck doctors, they don't and won't do shit for the pain.  BTDT several times.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I am tired of people complaining of  "back Pain".  Too often here at work a person will use this excuse to get out of doing his/her job.  Get off your lazy a$$ people, everybody is sore from time to time get up and do something to "work harden" yourself, Geeze
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I am tired of people complaining of  "back Pain".  Too often here at work a person will use this excuse to get out of doing his/her job.  Get off your lazy a$$ people, everybody is sore from time to time get up and do something to "work harden" yourself, Geeze

Spoken like someone who has never had true back pain.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You are tired of people bitching so you come in here and bitch about it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Something like that happened to me when I was in High School.  A friend that was a lineman tackled me when I wasn't paying attention (I did not have a chance to brace myself at all).  He completely fucked up something in my back, and the pain got worse and worse until I coudln't walk.  I wasn't able to walk the rest of the day, then the next day the pain slowly came back as I moved around until I couldn't walk again.  I had to have friends help me to walk across the street from the school, and I had to call for a ride home because I couldn't make it 100 more feet to the bus stop.  Even sitting down the pain was terrible.   When I tried to walk, I would see bright flashes and have the worst pain I have ever felt, usually enough to make me fall down.  The problem is, nobody believed me about how bad it was.  They said "you're too young to have back pain".  Fucking idiots.   I guess he knocked a disk out of alignment or something.

Luckily it went away after about a week.  I still should have went to the Emergency Room.  Something is seriously wrong when you can't walk.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spoken like someone who has never had true back pain.

Exactly.  He's right that a lot of people fake it or exaggerate (usually to get off work and get vicodin), and I used to think "it can't be THAT bad" until it happened to me...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Pain is weakness leaving the body
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I would probably take 800 mg of Ibuprofin as a first step, until I could get some help in getting to a physician....

I'd go to a doc first.  If he has a kidney infection taking a big dose of any medication may be ill advised.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Now that I think about it more, it does sound like kidney stones.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#49]
A buddy of mine had the same thing happen,

2 days later, dead.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

+1.  That's what happened to my dad.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top