BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 8:33:01 AM EDT
Globalism:
You Won't Like It!

By Frosty Wooldridge
4-13-6

When you look at globalists like Senator Kerry, Condi Rice, Vice President Cheney, Senator Frist, President Bush and others in our nation's capitol, you're looking at men and women performing a frightening experiment on the United States of America.  You're also looking at men and women who have failed to stand up for the U.S. Constitution.  

They've failed their oath of office.  They contrived us into an un-winnable war; created a horrific national debt; opened our borders to unending illegal immigration; outsourced, insourced and offshored jobs stolen from our middle class-and finally, they abet lawlessness of 20 million illegal aliens-instead of preserving our rights as American citizens.

These leaders support globalism.  Their goal is to bring this country into line with the poverty and corruption of Third World countries like Mexico.  A reader said, "You Americans have been living an artificially high standard of living for far too long; its time you drop down to the poverty levels of the Third World.  Massive immigration will do that to you."

With one million legal immigrants pouring into our nation from Third World countries annually and over three million illegal aliens crossing America's borders each year-folks, that man must be laughing his head off at our sinking into poverty like millions in the Third World.

Globalization, or globalism, means centralization operating on a global scale - that is to say, centralization aiming at global dictatorship, a kind of ultimate expansion of tyranny. It follows that everything you see in the realm of politics, economics, human rights, and especially in all things seen as social engineering, reflect the endeavors of centralization.  This will not change course, nor will it self-destruct!  No!  It needs to be opposed!  

An interview with Mel Fowler concerning the debilitating aspects of America's dabbling in globalism may provoke an outcry, and later, fear of the future.

"I think most Americans have some idea of what "tyranny" means," Fowler said.  "It's a quaint word we haven't heard people use for quite some time. Because things that have been happening to us in our United States of America of late, the word tyranny is coming back into use.  

"Before our very eyes, the United States has been transformed from a settled, relatively good-natured, comfortable country into an imperialist, war-making state.  The whole world is mad at the United States!  

Fowler continued, "When I was a child, we were poor.  Even seemingly solid businesses struggled to stay alive.  We worried about unemployment, the depression and the approaching war (WWII) yet, in some way that's hard to explain, we were happy.  Or perhaps I should say we had faith that the underlying supports were still in place.   We were poor, and we didn't have anything.  We are still poor, but now most of us have everything we might want, and then some - most of it acquired by going into debt.  

"Now we have globalism. It is an extension, to include the entire planet, of everything the British Empire aimed at.  More than two centuries ago, Americans fought to free themselves from British Imperialism.  Globalism, the current form taken by the lusts for empire is guaranteed tyranny for us all, except for the globalist elites.  It is infinitely authoritarian in its mind set.  It would seem that the globalist center of power will be seated at such a distance that there will be no concern or need for democracy, constitutionalism, or legal protections for common people, whose numbers are to be so drastically reduced."  

The front line of the conflict we have with globalism is its very opposite, NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY.  

"Whereas globalism seeks to centralize authority, power and wealth in the hands of its elite," Fowler said. "The interests of common people are served, not by centralization of those items, but by the opposite of centralization:  by a distributive scheme regarding authority, power and wealth.   National sovereignty is the only thing you have that protects those things that you most treasure.  Without it, you have nothing.  Providing you are willing to join forces with others like you, with the retention of national sovereignty, you might just have a fighting chance.  If we lose our national sovereignty, hence our freedom and all else we care about, we will never get it back.  

"The overlords of globalism appear now to be attempting to sprint to their goal of world dictatorship, and we now have some other things to worry us, not the least of which is the destructive power of several million illegal aliens pouring into our country every year.  

"We have completely lost control of the political life of this country.  The two-party system works splendidly for the globalists who captured our country some time ago.  Those who see that the United States is in serious trouble are dismayed by the appearance that the great majority of our citizenry are not aware of it.  They go on as if life is sweet and getting sweeter.  

"As everyone knows, the two-party political system we have is rotten to the core. The public perception is that there are two ways to waste your vote:  (1) vote the ticket of one of the major parties or (2) vote otherwise (i.e., third party or write in).    

"Our legislative bodies are no longer responsive to the citizens and their needs, members of Congress and the Senate now answerable only to special interests represented by lobbying organizations such as AIPAC, the sources of wealth they depend on for necessary re-election money.  

"Our manufacturing facilities and manufacturing jobs with them have been moved overseas.  We are now dependent on China to produce and sell us what we need.  

"As a result of profligate spending on wars and the maintenance of the huge military forces thought to be necessary for the Imperial power our government in its dream-like condition believes it to be, the United States now has the greatest burden of debt in its history, both public and private, accumulated during the period in which we acquired the greatest number of new millionaires and billionaires ever to grace our land, while the U.S. economy now perches on the precipice of collapse and bankruptcy, Alan Greenspan having performed magnificently for Wall Street.  

"Our Constitution, laws and freedoms, are being trashed piecemeal by people who appear to place no value on those freedoms which the Constitution of the United States guarantees to its citizens, such people coming to America from various dictatorial regimes where they never acquired a respect for our love of freedom.  

"The United States and its national sovereignty, we are told, are soon to become a thing of the past, the territory it now occupies to become part of a "region" in the globalist scheme consisting of Canada and Mexico with the former United States in between.  

"We find that we have been substantially lied to about the purposes of environmental and land preservation measures, most of which we now know are tied into globalist endeavors under the sponsorship of the UN, to evict the public from most of the land we Americans thought of in the past as belonging to the people of our country for their use and enjoyment.  

"Farmers who wish to continue to be farmers will not be allowed to produce their own seed for crops of subsequent  years, but will have to apply to Monsanto or other corporate monstrosity for purchase of genetically modified seeds, from which only next year's crop may be grown.  

"Law enforcement in The United States is rapidly being consolidated under the federal government and The Department of Homeland Security with its political biases, its inattention to aliens coming into the country, its taste for annoying ordinary American citizens with inappropriate personal searches at airports, its preemption of responsibility for local police departments and County Sheriffs, and other outrages."  

Millions of illegal aliens marching in our streets in promotion of anarchy in the past two weeks without fear of our president manifesting his oath of office and our impotent Congress not standing for the rule of law--exhibit the worst behavior of our leaders.  It also shows you that the reader was correct, "You Americans have been living an artificially high standard of living; it's time for you to drop down to the poverty levels of the rest of the Third World.  Immigration will do that to you."  Globalism-you won't like it because it will make America country like their countries.  The American Dream dies with globalism.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Globalism already sucks
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#2]
i have never understood the appeal of globalism. makes no sense to me beyond some corporate benefits. if anyone can provide other reasons, please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
These leaders support globalism.  Their goal is to bring this country into line with the poverty and corruption of Third World countries like Mexico.  

Globalization, or globalism, means centralization operating on a global scale - that is to say, centralization aiming at global dictatorship, a kind of ultimate expansion of tyranny. It follows that everything you see in the realm of politics, economics, human rights, and especially in all things seen as social engineering, reflect the endeavors of centralization.  This will not change course, nor will it self-destruct!  No!  It needs to be opposed!  

"Now we have globalism. It is an extension, to include the entire planet, of everything the British Empire aimed at.  More than two centuries ago, Americans fought to free themselves from British Imperialism.  Globalism, the current form taken by the lusts for empire is guaranteed tyranny for us all, except for the globalist elites.  It is infinitely authoritarian in its mind set.  It would seem that the globalist center of power will be seated at such a distance that there will be no concern or need for democracy, constitutionalism, or legal protections for common people, whose numbers are to be so drastically reduced."  

So the GOAL of George W. Bush, Condi Rice, Dick Cheney, etc - is to destory the U.S, turn us into a thrid-world country, and make us subservient to some mystery global tyranny?

Or did I read that wrong?  Are WE going to be the tyrranical dictator of the world, while at the same time becoming an impovrished thrid-world country?

The tinfoil is a bit tight on this fruitcake.

"Globalism" is about interconnected markets, and is ultimately a driving force towards capitalism (and indirectly, freedom) in the world.

It has bad consequences for a number of industries, old ways of doing things, and can certainly harm workers in industrialized developed countries as places like China and India ramp up production capability - sure, but it isn't some sinister global conspiracy towards tyranny.    It's just a new environment and challenge, just like the industrial revolution, just like the Cold War - and the U.S. is in a great position to weather that challenge.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"Globalism" is about interconnected markets, and is ultimately a driving force towards capitalism (and indirectly, freedom) in the world.

Being a college student we do these discussions a lot.

Usually my comrades in books who are liberals cite such things as milk and food production in Jamaica and other obscure things as reason for their dislike of the idea.

I don't support it because I think, personally, that the rest of the world can go fuck itself.  I want interconnected markets so that we can sell our stuff overseas, not have our stuff made there and sold back to us. I want stuff made here, by Americans, and then sold overseas to economically rape everybody else for our own benefit.  Economics is just another form of national warfare, and we should treat it as such. I want everything I own to be stamped "Made in America" and I want everything else the world wants to buy to be stamped the same. I want factories making shit we can sell to foreigners because then those factories are ready to be converted to make M16s and other shit if we then need to go kill those foreigners. If another major world war broke out what would be the current equivalent of a Rock-Ola carbine?

The rest of the world exists to a)supply us with whatever resources we cannot get here and don't feel like invading them for, b)to buy our stuff and c)for tourism and amusement.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually my comrades in books who are liberals cite such things as milk and food production in Jamaica and other obscure things as reason for their dislike of the idea.

I don't support it because I think, personally, that the rest of the world can go fuck itself.  I want interconnected markets so that we can sell our stuff overseas, not have our stuff made there and sold back to us. I want stuff made here, by Americans, and then sold overseas to economically rape everybody else for our own benefit.  Economics is just another form of national warfare, and we should treat it as such. I want everything I own to be stamped "Made in America" and I want everything else the world wants to buy to be stamped the same. I want factories making shit we can sell to foreigners because then those factories are ready to be converted to make M16s and other shit if we then need to go kill those foreigners. If another major world war broke out what would be the current equivalent of a Rock-Ola carbine?

The rest of the world exists to a)supply us with whatever resources we cannot get here and don't feel like invading them for, b)to buy our stuff and c)for tourism and amusement.

I want a magical flying carpet with a young (and naked) Barbara Eden on it.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Globalism:
You Won't Like It!

By Frosty Wooldridge
4-13-6

When you look at globalists like Senator Kerry, Condi Rice, Vice President Cheney, Senator Frist, President Bush and others in our nation's capitol, you're looking at men and women performing a frightening experiment on the United States of America.  You're also looking at men and women who have failed to stand up for the U.S. Constitution.  

They've failed their oath of office.  They contrived us into an un-winnable war; created a horrific national debt; opened our borders to unending illegal immigration; outsourced, insourced and offshored jobs stolen from our middle class-and finally, they abet lawlessness of 20 million illegal aliens-instead of preserving our rights as American citizens.

These leaders support globalism.  

Didn't even have to read this far to see this article was a fetid pile of shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]
You can still buy all the Made in America stuff you want.....if you are willing to pay the price.  Consumers decide what is purchased.  

We have a global economy.  It is pointless to rail against it just as it is pointless to try the fill in the ocean by shoveling sand against the tide.

The anti-globalists are today's Ludites.  Just as the English wool weavers rioted against the mechanized loom, the anti-globalists attack.....I'm not sure what they attack.  Is it the web which makes buying and selling more efficient?  Is it the global transportation system that moves more goods father and cheaper than ever before?  Is it the freedom to purchase what you want?

Capital (money) always flows to the most efficient....when governments don't try to restrict freedom.  That is what is happening today.  Efficiency is sweeping the world.  Get used to it.

It means pain for some people and pleasure for others.  But our global economy is no more evil than the rain.  And like the rain it falls on the just and the unjst.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#8]
The article is definitely targeted towards Republicans but oddly enough left out all those Democrats, who are no different.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
These leaders support globalism.  Their goal is to bring this country into line with the poverty and corruption of Third World countries like Mexico.  

So the GOAL of George W. Bush, Condi Rice, Dick Cheney, etc - is to destory the U.S, turn us into a thrid-world country, and make us subservient to some mystery global tyranny?

Or did I read that wrong?  Are WE going to be the tyrranical dictator of the world, while at the same time becoming an impovrished thrid-world country?

The tinfoil is a bit tight on this fruitcake.

It has bad consequences for a number of industries, old ways of doing things, and can certainly harm workers in industrialized developed countries as places like China and India ramp up production capability - sure, but it isn't some sinister global conspiracy towards tyranny.    It's just a new environment and challenge, just like the industrial revolution, just like the Cold War - and the U.S. is in a great position to weather that challenge.

well, i'm not really on-board with this guy either, but the US is most definately *not* getting any free-er.

maybe this makes me selfish, but if the price for "helping" the rest of the world become more free is sacrificing the freedoms guaranteed to us, then count me out.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being a college student as well, I'd like to join in.

This article is retarded and has a very elementary view of the world economy. You probably won't find anything by Frosty Wooldridge in the Journal of Economic Literature and in fact... where was this article published?

If you honestly believe America will be better served by manufacturing everything, then you clearly haven't even cracked open a introductory economics textbook. Specialization!!! Why should America make cheap plastic toys when China has millions of cheap, skilled laborers? I'm sorry, but neoclassical economic theory in international trade focuses on comparative advanatages, and when we have the brains and capital to do big things, like build super computer and space shuttles, I think Wal mart should go ahead and buy from third world countries. I believe the Leontiff Paradox, in which America makes far too many labor intensive goods for it's relatively low labor and high capital endowments, is explained by the proud and irrational beliefs of many that assume the right way to make money is to make "things". Sorry bud, but the real money is in highly specialized products and services and not lawn chairs and other random shit that we get others to make for us... Plus! Even though things are made in China, they are made in foreign owned factories, funded by foreign funds, and the money goes made actually goes right back into American pockets

A simple example is that America can make super computers and tennis shoes, and make them both VERY well. Vietnam is marginal at making super computers, but is ok at tennis shoes If America specializes in just super computers, and trades with Vietnam for its supply of Tennis shoes, it will excede the limits of its production possibility curve if it made both super computers and tennis shoes domestically. This is the theoretical basis of ALL trade, and the billions of dollars in investment and products that travel the world support this.

So what the HELL is this Mel Fowler guy talking about with "globalists" influencing American politics. Tin foil hat? There are only a very few countries which have not latched on to globalism and they have paid DEARLY for that. North Korea is one of them. The others are shitty African countries which will probably be reconquered and renamed every six months. Fowler clearly, does NOT have any background whatsoever in business or economics, but is quoted extensively in this article. In fact, his credentials are not even ever brought up!!!

Globalism does not make America poorer, it's made America filthy motherfucking RICH. Maybe instead of reading rantings of uneducated morons who never read a paragraph in a intelligent book about international trade, you should find out some stuff on your own.

Cliff Notes: Globalism and the free market rule. People who can't handle that should move to North Korea, one of the few countries that don't integrate into the global economy
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Is it just me or does anyone else think Frosty is a strange name.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I wholeheatedly agree with the author.  Economic globalism, or more specifically, global trade deals are destroying our national sovereignty.

Look what NAFTA, GATT, and the WTO has done to US jobs.  Do you want to be a WORLD citizen (with no rights BTW) or a citizen of the greatest country in the world?  

Why is it that the politicians change, but nothing else does, especially when it comes to global trade deals?

The US has incurred RECORD Debt, and has done so under the "smaller government" Republicans.  Doesn't this at least get your attention?

Did you know that as of last month the amount of US Dollars being printed is NO LONGER public information?  Do you understand the implications of this? How long do you think it will be until the dollar isn't worth squat?  

Personally, I give the country less than 10 more years of survival before an all out economic collapse.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Here’s the truth about the Capitalist endgame.

As economies develop wages rise and the average person starts to live a better life. In addition, birthrates drop to maintenance levels. And economically developed countries drive other countries to develop too as they begin to export low skill work overseas. So, given enough time, the economy of Earth will grow to the point that there aren’t anymore poor people.

And it’s a good vision. If we don’t hit some energy shortage (or other resource shortage) we will be there within a hundred years. The idealists understand this and are trying to speed the process up through globalization. Of course the average business owner doesn’t even realize this. He just wants the cheap labor.

The problem is that the United States has long ago reached the economic saturation point where wages start going through the roof. The only thing holding wages down are the floods of immigrants coming from third world nations. So, while globalization is beneficial to the world in general and will have a huge positive payout in the future it’s killing the American middle class today.

And our politicians should be loyal to that middle class not some vision of a future world where everyone is rich and happy. Don’t get me wrong, I like that vision but I don’t think we should have to sacrifice our nation to achieve it.

Free trade will provide more than enough boost to the rest of the world, we don’t need to give up our sovereignty or take in tens of millions of economic refugees.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here’s the truth about the Capitalist endgame.

As economies develop wages rise and the average person starts to live a better life. In addition, birthrates drop to maintenance levels. And economically developed countries drive other countries to develop too as they begin to export low skill work overseas. So, given enough time, the economy of Earth will grow to the point that there aren’t anymore poor people.
And it’s a good vision. If we don’t hit some energy shortage (or other resource shortage) we will be there within a hundred years. The idealists understand this and are trying to speed the process up through globalization. Of course the average business owner doesn’t even realize this. He just wants the cheap labor.

The problem is that the United States has long ago reached the economic saturation point where wages start going through the roof. The only thing holding wages down are the floods of immigrants coming from third world nations. So, while globalization is beneficial to the world in general and will have a huge positive payout in the future it’s killing the American middle class today.

And our politicians should be loyal to that middle class not some vision of a future world where everyone is rich and happy. Don’t get me wrong, I like that vision but I don’t think we should have to sacrifice our nation to achieve it.

Free trade will provide more than enough boost to the rest of the world, we don’t need to give up our sovereignty or take in tens of millions of economic refugees.

Not interested if the cost of this is the opportunity to become obscenely rich.

It's a logical fallacy anyway. The calculated global supply of unmined copper ore is far below the needed amount to manufacture enough materials to bring the entire world to current western standards for electric distribution alone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What does this mean?

When I see this adjective, I think "socialism," so please expound on this line of thought.

eta: I misread...my bad.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

www.frostywooldridge.com/images/pic_home_speaking.jpg

His father was a Marine in the Pacific theater in WW2. A Marine named Frosty saved his fathers life so he named his first born after the Marine that saved his life. He happens to be proud of his name. I am glad a few of you like our present economic course since it proves that propaganda works. There will be an end game for this huge deficit of trade this country is occurring. We will see if you like the whirlwind that is coming.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His father was a Marine in the Pacific theater in WW2. A Marine named Frosty saved his fathers life so he named his first born after the Marine that saved his life. He happens to be proud of his name. I am glad a few of you like our present economic course since it proves that propaganda works. There will be an end game for this huge deficit of trade this country is occurring. We will see if you like the whirlwind that is coming.

Didn't you mean

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's a logical fallacy anyway. The calculated global supply of unmined copper ore is far below the needed amount to manufacture enough materials to bring the entire world to current western standards for electric distribution alone.

Don’t worry, it won’t. In fact there will be more opportunities for people to get rich.

And the copper shortage could put a real strain on things. But there will be solutions. Localized power generation could cut down on the need for copper, and aluminum could be used for some wiring.

And if all else fails, we can bring in all the copper we need from the asteroid belts. It’s impossible now, but in 100 years with cheap fusion power it won’t be.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or alternatively, it proves that some people understand macro-econmics better than others.  

The piece posted by this fruitcake is the "propaganda" since it is full of innuendo, veiled threats and implications, and unprovable notions about global conspiracy, sinister motives of our leaders, etc.  THAT's propaganda, as opposed to realistic assements and hard cold facts about industrialization of developing nations, global trade, etc.

I agree that the rampant defecit spending of the U.S. could be problematic (and is a potential source of concern), but the same could have been said of the Reagan administration - yet the U.S. economy didn't collapse because of it, and it won us the Cold War.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or alternatively, it proves that some people understand macro-econmics better than others.  

The piece posted by this fruitcake is the "propaganda" since it is full of innuendo, veiled threats and implications, and unprovable notions about global conspiracy, sinister motives of our leaders, etc.  THAT's propaganda, as opposed to realistic assements and hard cold facts about industrialization of developing nations, global trade, etc.

I agree that the rampant defecit spending of the U.S. could be problematic (and is a potential source of concern), but the same could have been said of the Reagan administration - yet the U.S. economy didn't collapse because of it, and it won us the Cold War.

Keep preaching it. Glad you like it. Call it what you like. I call it the destruction of this country.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep preaching it. Glad you like it. Call it what you like. I call it the destruction of this country.

Reading comprehension test - WHERE exactly have I said that I "like" it??

I'm purely talking about dealing with reality, as opposed to lunatic conspiracy theories and delusions about how macro-economics actually works.

If you can magically transport me to the fantasy world you're LIKE to live in, then please tell me how.    I have no doubt that I'd like to live there too.  Maybe I can have a pet unicorn.

But if you cannot, I prefer to deal with the real world, not delusion and conspiracy theory.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#24]
DK-Prof,

Do you believe that this country currently has rampant defecit spending?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm purely talking about dealing with reality, as opposed to lunatic conspiracy theories and delusions about how macro-economics actually works.

If you can magically transport me to the fantasy world you're LIKE to live in, then please tell me how.    I have no doubt that I'd like to live there too.  Maybe I can have a pet unicorn.

But if you cannot, I prefer to deal with the real world, not delusion and conspiracy theory.

Have you ever checked into the low handed way Clinton got NAPTA passed??????? The real world is created for us by laws and the lamestream media.  I know you think for yourself but the US was the MARKET everybody wanted to get into to when NAFTA was passed. We had all the cards and gave them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever checked into the low handed way Clinton got NAPTA passed??????? The real world is created for us by laws and the lamestream media.  I know you think for yourself but the US was the MARKET everybody wanted to get into to when NAFTA was passed. We had all the cards and gave them.

And what about CAFTA? FTAA? WTO?

As far as I'm concerned this is the only thing that can explain our wide open borders. I'd really like to hear any other good theories as to why our borders are wide open.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does this mean?

When I see this adjective, I think "socialism," so please expound on this line of thought.

Key word in my quote -- 'become'.

Under socialism, you either already are, or you will never be.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This article is about as accurate as the one about Lincoln.

lol I was thinking the same thing

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#29]
You know, I took a lot of those business school economics courses too (5 or 6 semesters worth, think I had a 4.0 in them as well).  Something in the back of my mind reminds me that they are mostly based on a free market.  Too bad that is a hypothetical beast.  They also are mostly concerned with raising the standard of living for everyone – personally I am somewhat more selfish than that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You know, I took a lot of those business school economics courses too (5 or 6 semesters worth, think I had a 4.0 in them as well).  Something in the back of my mind reminds me that they are mostly based on a free market.  Too bad that is a hypothetical beast.  They also are mostly concerned with raising the standard of living for everyone – personally I am somewhat more selfish than that.

what classes?

Because seriously, this article is BEYOND retarded. Adam Smith, David Ricardo... these DINOSAURS of economics from the 18th and 19th century have already undone this retard's arguments. What, are we supposed to NOT TRADE and set up artificial price barriers on imports or something? Idiotic, he wants us to move backwards in economic development so he can feel more proud to be American!

How about he read a fucking intro to economic textbook!?

China's growth from 1978 to today has been at 9.1% annually... this is because, from 1978 onwards the commu-tastic society was restructured to better allow international market forces influence what to produce and sell, and artificial import/export barriers were removed. Frosty here thinks it would be GREAT for America to act like pre-enlightened China? HUH?

This guy is an idiot and hasn't read a paragraph of economic thought in his life.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#31]

And what about CAFTA? FTAA? WTO?

As far as I'm concerned this is the only thing that can explain our wide open borders. I'd really like to hear any other good theories as to why our borders are wide open.

+1000.

I too believe this is the major reason, although cheap labor for business helps to keep the Republicans in play, and promises of free everything to the illegals in exchange for their future votes is great motivation for the Democrats.

Recommended reading to all:

None Dare call It Treason, by John Stormer.

and:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/publish/cat_index_1.shtml

The magazine is $39/ year and I'm sure you could get a refund if you don't like it.  It's conservative based, and presents news the mainstream press won't touch.  Your eyes will be opened.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Key word in my quote -- 'become'.

Under socialism, you either already are, or you will never be.

I misread your statement. I agree with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top