Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2001 1:09:39 PM EDT
I know from experience and from reading this and other boards that the Tec-9 is basically a junk gun that jams all the time.  I'm wondering about the quality of the Cobray M-11/9.  Are these any better or worse than the Tec-9?  Does anyone have any experience with these guns.  

I am a Bushmaster/1911 fan but sometimes it's fun to play with the "junk" guns too.  All comments appreciated.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If you only feed them new ball ammo, they both are supprisingly reliable, yes they call them junk, but these are the same people who spend $15,000 on a single shot shotgun, yes they are when you have money to burn, but if your like me, on a budget, they are lots of fun and with some hi-cap mags, they can be real fun, not to accurate, but thats what spray and pray are for, but what they hay, they are now both banned in their original config. so buy both, I did, and lots of hi-caps, try em, Ill bet youll like em, if not lemme know and I will be glad to take them off your hands if not satisfied, or at least smiling when the barrell's smoking
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  Wish I didn't...

I understand they work MUCH better with the metal mags.  Sadly, I got plastic mags with mine, and it will not feed more than 2-3 rounds without jams.  It is a pre-ban.

margie45 is very correct about the accuracy issue.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had several of the pre-ban semis.  They're neat looking, but not particularly useful as a pistol.  Too big and clunky for a handgun and the sights are pretty crude, so its hard to hit what you're aiming at.  The inherent accuracy is not all that bad though.  The gun is capable of better accuracy than you'd think possible if it can be properly outfited.  I have several M11-9 SMG's, and properly outfitted, they can perform well and be competitive with guns costing much more. That is, of course, on a submachinegun where its legal to use a stock and forward grip with the short 5" barrel.  I have used mine in subgun matches and outshot guys with MP5's and Uzi's.  The biggest problem with the accuracy from an M11 pistol is that its too big, too heavy and too awkward to keep steady.  The gun is capable of better though.

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/035/t6/JX/QK/uR26000.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a post ban MAC-11 that is extremely reliable.  It's made out of heavy duty metal receiver parts.  I've yet to have any hang-ups, jams, feeding problems, or any problems.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/009/xa/J2/US/R861831.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top