BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:01:40 PM EDT
Just saw the mohammed episode....

What do you guys think?

Shitting on an american flag and jesus is a little over the top in my words.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
manatees
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What do you guys think?

Shitting on an american flag and jesus is a little over the top in my words.....

They were proving a point. Its ok to show that but a harmless pic of Muhammed if forbidden. The terrorists are winning.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What do you guys think?

uh, there was a point they were making with that.

The people who complain about it being over the top are like the people who complained about the other episodes featuring jesus-  they don't get the point being made.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What do you guys think?

I think those people have it coming to them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

it proved a point...  the network didn't allow them to show mohammed, but it allowed them to show Jesus shitting on our flag.  they wanted to make sure everyone knew about the bullshit double standard.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont care, you dont shit on an american flag

plain and simple

just like the kids of today, think its "cool" to hate your country
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Main Entry: sat·ire
Pronunciation: 'sa-"tIr
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough -- more at SAD
1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I dont care, you dont shit on an american flag draw a bad picture of Mohammed.

plain and simple

Fixed it for you, to illustrate their point, again.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

well, you live in america, you have a right to change the channel just as they have a right to express their opinion in the form of South Park
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough -- more at SAD

bull·shit
as in, thats bullshit

yes there is a double standard, but shitting on an american flag isnt going to show me anything about that show, its just going to make me not watch it......
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it proved a point...  the network didn't allow them to show mohammed, but it allowed them to show Jesus shitting on our flag.  they wanted to make sure everyone knew about the bullshit double standard.

And now, just like Kyle said in the episode, they've opened the door for ANYONE to be offended and to DEMAND that they don't show stuff that offends THEM.

Stone and Parker really forced Comedy Central to take a stand, and exposed them as pussies - as well as hypocrites.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont care, you dont shit on an american flag draw a bad picture of Mohammed.

plain and simple

Fixed it for you, to illustrate their point, again.

No one here understands satire. The Boondocks is satire too and constantly gets bashed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bull·shit
as in, thats bullshit

yes there is a double standard, but shitting on an american flag isnt going to show me anything about that show, its just going to make me not watch it......

If you don't get the show, don't watch it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#14]
This proves the point that it actually takes intellegence and sophistication to understand and apreaciate southpark, as weird as that might seem. Ofcourse it still had enough mindless humor to keep the masses happy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

plain and simple

I guess you still don't get the point.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, you live in america, you have a right to change the channel just as they have a right to express their opinion in the form of South Park

your right, and i did
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#17]
South Park is the greatest show in the world!
Do not dissent!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bull·shit
as in, thats bullshit

Hey genius, did you know there are actually very strict standards as to what makes an american flag an american flag?

And that a picture of an american flag on a cartoon isn't actually an american flag, merely a depiction of one? There is a difference.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

plain and simple

You will get over it.

Not over the top at all.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

plain and simple

I see the flag as a symbol of their ability to shit on it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hey genius, did you know there are actually very strict standards as to what makes an american flag an american flag?

And that a picture of an american flag on a cartoon isn't actually an american flag, merely a depiction of one? There is a difference.

you know, you could have accomplished your post without being insulting....

i swear, half the threads around here lately are ruined by personal attacks and name calling
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your right, and i did

great.

so why did you feel the need to whine about it on the internet?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

plain and simple

You will get over it.

I doubt that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your right, and i did

great.

so why did you post this again?

Attention whore?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#25]
No, i get the point, i just think its not right to shit on an american flag.....

but hey, if an osama tape was released with him shitting on an american flag, guess everyone would just say he was trying to make a point.......

fuck it,  guess I dont have the intellegence and sophistication to understand and apreaciate southpark
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#26]
And another thing, intent is important.  They were not doing that to disrespect our country.  If anything, they were doing it to strengthen it by showing that the terrorists are winning.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know, you could have accomplished your post without being insulting....

i swear, half the threads around here lately are ruined by personal attacks and name calling

And the other half are ruined by trolling and post whoring

Oh snap!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No, i get the point, i just think its not right to shit on an american flag.....

but hey, if an osama tape was released with him shitting on an american flag, guess everyone would just say he was trying to make a point.......

fuck it,  guess I dont have the intellegence and sophistication to understand and apreaciate southpark

We aren't saying it's OK because it makes a point.  We say it's OK because of the specific point being made.  There's a big difference.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
fuck this place seriously, say one thing and get attacked.....

fuck it, im out
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And now, just like Kyle said in the episode, they've opened the door for ANYONE to be offended and to DEMAND that they don't show stuff that offends THEM.

Stone and Parker really forced Comedy Central to take a stand, and exposed them as pussies - as well as hypocrites.

+ eleventy billion
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

fuck it, im out

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Doesnt sound like it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck it, im out

+eleventybillion
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck it, im out

+eleventybillion

Call the Whambulance !
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck it, im out

+eleventybillion

Call the Whambulance !

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

fuck it, im out

aawwww, please, don't go. We all really like you.

Who are you again?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#37]
That was not a flag, that was not shit, and that was not Jesus.  It is a cartoon.  More importantly, Comedy Central did not edit the show.  The black boxes were there from the begining.  It was writen into the script as in"Muhamad enters with black box"  It was to show that traditional American values are open to being trashed while we must be sensitive to other cultures.  It was a brilliant form of satire that went over the very peoples heads that they were trying to stand up for.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It isnt right to crap on the flag. No one here will disagree, but whats more disgusting is the terrorists are winning at eroding our rights. The show proved that. They showed how the media will refuse to show something harmless yet will have no problem showing Jesus crapping on the President and the American flag.

They didnt show the scene just becuase they wanted to show the poop, flag, Jesus thing. They wanted to show the double standards.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
That was not a flag, that was not shit, and that was not Jesus.  It is a cartoon.  More importantly, Comedy Central did not edit the show.  The black boxes were there from the begining.  It was writen into the script as in"Muhamad enters with black box"  It was to show that traditional American values are open to being trashed while we must be sensitive to other cultures.  It was a brilliant form of satire that went over the very peoples heads that they were trying to stand up for.

They were there from the beginning, but comedy central would not let south park show an image of muhammad on the show.

http://media.nationalreview.com/094921.asp
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Guys like that are the reason the terrorists are winning the war on our freedoms.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

No actually CC DID edit it. The writers knew they were going to becuase they told them earlier that it would get edited, so they used it to prove their point.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

that's interesting, that's not what comedy central said in the e-mail response i got from them after i bitched them out for caving in.

i have it on my machine at work.  i'll edit this post in the morning to reflect the e-mail they sent me.

but comedy central admits to choosing not to air it.  so unless they're in on the gag, and are willing to catch the shit-storm they're getting for it, there you go.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#43]
South Park is stupid...

I watched easily 100 hours of that show in Iraq and its the most assinine show I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
South Park is stupid...

I watched easily 100 hours of that show in Iraq and its the most assinine show I've ever seen.

I feel sorry for you not having a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were there from the beginning, but comedy central would not let south park show an image of muhammad on the show.

http://media.nationalreview.com/094921.asp

+1

Yup, Comdey Central DID puss out.   The black boxes in the 1st episode was there to illustrate the Fox networks desire to not offend - and to set up the entire story.  But when (in the second episode) the Fox executive was convinced by Kyle to show it, Stone and Parker wanted to show it, and it was Comedy Central who refused to allow it.

Which is hilarious, because Comedy Central of course already showed a cartoon Mohammed on South Park - on the David Blaine/Super Best Friends episode a few years ago.  

So the satire was even better, because Comedy Central became the real-world version of the "Fox" network that South Park was satirizing.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's interesting, that's not what comedy central said in the e-mail response i got from them after i bitched them out for caving in.

i have it on my machine at work.  i'll edit this post in the morning to reflect the e-mail they sent me.

but comedy central admits to choosing not to air it.  so unless they're in on the gag, and are willing to catch the shit-storm they're getting for it, there you go.

OK.  So I maybe wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time.  I thought that it was part of the gag.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
South Park is stupid...

how far into those 100 hours did it take you to come to that conclusion and how much did you continue to watch after?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Or spell for that matter.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Dude, you've been here two months. The entirety of your time here represents...like...a third of "lately."

But seriously, it was always like this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

fuck it, im out

Wow, it'll be almost like you were never here at all. Anyway, we'll see you in like two days.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top