Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 7:50:41 PM EDT
These are the spots in which people are depicted lying, having or seeking promiscuous sex, and generally behaving like spineless amoral shitbags. The behavior is portrayed in a lighthearted manner: if it is not actually treated as a good thing, it is meant to be taken as completely harmless at worst.

This behavior hurts people and ruins lives. It pisses me off to see it being promoted as acceptable and normal. TV is poison.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
These are the spots in which people are depicted lying, having or seekingt promiscuous sex, and generally behaving like spineless amoral shitbags. The behavior is portrayed in a lighthearted manner: if it is not actually treated as a good thing, it is meant to be taken as completely harmless at worst.

This behavior hurts people and ruins lives. It pisses me offr to see it being promoted as acceptable and normal. TV is poison.

Thought the same thing when I saw them.

"What happens in vegas stays in vegas. Except for the STD's."
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You're right.  It is a complete waste.  I get free cable, and my TV isn't even hooked up or plugged in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Ever seen the SNL "what happens in Thailand stays in Thailand" commercials?  I couldn't find them in video on the web, but there's some screen caps and the script here, and still funny:

www.2bangkok.com/2bangkok/snl/index.shtml

The guy whose site it is seems offended though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
These are the spots in which people are depicted lying, having or seeking promiscuous sex, and generally behaving like spineless amoral shitbags. The behavior is portrayed in a lighthearted manner: if it is not actually treated as a good thing, it is meant to be taken as completely harmless at worst.

This behavior hurts people and ruins lives. It pisses me off to see it being promoted as acceptable and normal. TV is poison.

Preach it, my brother.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
They would never do a "waking up in Vegas" commercial.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top