Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:02:15 PM EDT
Show is about prostitutes, undercover female officers to be exact. Officer approaches white men in their vehicles, and then solicits sex. Cops approach the vehicle and explains they are underarrest where then an officer handcufs him and tells him he's under arrest.

Show changes to another city, in an urban area where as before, the female officer approachs what are this time black men in their cars and again, solicits sex with them where soonafter officers, this time, charge the vehicle on foot all tacticool style, yelling at the man to get down. They usually throw the man to the pavement as if they were serving a high risk warrant and then 3 officers handcuff him(zipties this time).

Just kind of struck odd with me, the contrast in the policies police employ around the country.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]

"I can't believe we tried to frame a guy who wasnt black!"
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess when COPS comes to town and there isn't anything interesting to show, they do stings.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I just got done watching that, I liked the idea of the cops running out of the bushes...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I know what you mean.

In TX, some kid stopped for a busted taillight had a .30-06 in his pickup truck, and the cop simply asked whose it was and if he had permission from the owner to be in possession of it.

In CA, a man was stopped for speeding and he had a .22 LR semi rifle in his back seat.  The man was cuffed and arrested for felony possession of an illegal weapon (>10 capacity), then lectured about there being "no need" for guns in his possession.  The man retorted "It's just a .22.  It's not like I was going to shoot YOU or anything."  The cop responded, "Well how am I supposed to know that?"
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know what you mean.

In TX, some kid stopped for a busted taillight had a .30-06 in his pickup truck, and the cop simply asked whose it was and if he had permission from the owner to be in possession of it.

In CA, a man was stopped for speeding and he had a .22 LR semi rifle in his back seat.  The man was cuffed and arrested for felony possession of an illegal weapon (>10 capacity), then lectured about there being "no need" for guns in his possession.  The man retorted "It's just a .22.  It's not like I was going to shoot YOU or anything."  The cop responded, "Well how am I supposed to know that?"

It is not against the law to have regular capacity magazines in California so I call "Bullshit".
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I think there are some statistics around that show that black men are more likely to resist/run when approached by an officer.  Also has to do with the area you are in.

And . . . if they only showed the nice, calm scenes it would not be a show you watch, now would it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know what you mean.

It is not against the law to have regular capacity magazines in California so I call "Bullshit".

If you must.  The .22 had a tubular magazine, like a shotgun's, as I recall.  What about a weapon like this?  The show might also have been taped during a time when hi-cap magazines were illegal everywhere, like between 9/94 and 9/04.

I think it was on CourtTV, during an "illegal weapons" edition of COPS.  

ETA: For the sake of clearing any possible confusion, the red item is a greater-than sign.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know what you mean.

If you must.  The .22 had a tubular magazine, like a shotgun's, as I recall.  What about a weapon like this?  The show might also have been taped during a time when hi-cap magazines were illegal everywhere, like between 9/94 and 9/04.

I think it was on CourtTV, during an "illegal weapons" edition of COPS.  

ETA: For the sake of clearing any possible confusion, the red item is a greater-than sign.

There is still a ban in affect in CA, magazines and weapons.  They are not against the law to possess.  You just can't make or but new ones or bring them into the State.  If you owned them before the ban (Magazines) they are legal.  If you registered them before the ban (so called "Assault Weapons") they are legal to possess.  Tubular magazine rifles are specifically exempt and are legal.

The Federal ban sunsetting did not affect California at all.  Our ban is still in full force.  California has lots of bad laws but I think there are ever more false ideas about what is illegal in California.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm just telling you what i saw.  Maybe someone can come in and back me up on this.  It may not have been a tubular mag gun, but I could have sworn it was and additionally hi-cap.

Would it have made a difference if the gun was loaded?

Given the decline of interesting busts on COPS, I don't doubt the possibility that this scene I saw could have been mere theatrics and a phony bust.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
It is against the law in CA to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle on a "way open to the public".
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It is against the law in CA to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle on a "way open to the public".

Is it a felony?  The guy was definitely arrested for a felony charge.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it is a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I love it how you guys bash the cops. They are taking people off the street to protect you and you cry when they arrest people for things like carrying guns and paying for sex.  It's called cleaning up the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Been there done that Life sucks, then you die and theres no hevean* or 72 virgins!HAHA! on you stupid!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]
i saw the show;  you are right on the money.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#18]
For about one year NEW tubular or other magazines over 10 rounds were illegal.  SASS got that changed, now tubular magazines are exempted.  Possession of a hi-cap magazine since before the state law went into effect is not and was not illegal.

Loaded Weapon (long gun)  is/was a Fish and Game Code violation, loaded concealable is/was a wobbler.  So if it was a felony arrest, there was something more than a loaded .22 involved. (Probation/parole violation, felon or gang member in possesion of a loaded weapon, other wants/warrants, etc)

The enforcement of prostitution laws varies from city to city/state to state.  State laws regarding what constitutes solicitation or entrapment vary, as to the extent of the problems it causes, enforcement will vary.  Lots of problems in the wrong parts of town is liable to get a lot more attention than less problems in the wrong parts of town.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Im glad officers take down scum that way.  it make for entertaining episodes. im not bithcing. i love it!! tha harder the better!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Hand out the free ass whippings to all criminals.

Ass whippings instead of jail time would make crime rates go down.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I love it how you guys bash the cops. They are taking people off the street to protect you and you cry when they arrest people for things like carrying guns and paying for sex.  It's called cleaning up the neighborhood.

So arresting me for driving around in my truck with a rifle or pistol is called cleaning up the neighborhood?  For one thing down here it is perfectly legal.  You should get out of that cesspool called NJ more often.  Most of the rest of this country is still free.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw one in OR I think, a call about gun shots out in the country so the sheriff finds the guy, he is about 20-24 with a rifle, maybe a 30-30. I don't quite remember because it was a while ago. The sheriff pats the guy down and finds a pipe on him, and it was for smoking tobacco. Sheriff took the pipe, gave him a lil' talk on proper backstops and sent him on his way
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I saw one in OR I think, a call about gun shots out in the country so the sheriff finds the guy, he is about 20-24 with a rifle, maybe a 30-30. I don't quite remember because it was a while ago. The sheriff pats the guy down and finds a pipe on him, and it was for smoking tobacco. Sheriff took the pipe, gave him a lil' talk on proper backstops and sent him on his way

That's how its done out here.

I got pulled over by a stater about six months ago, and when he found out I had my HK Mk. 23 in my bag, it went from getting a ticket to getting an invitation to go shooting with him and his friends.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's how its done out here.

I got pulled over by a stater about six months ago, and when he found out I had my HK Mk. 23 in my bag, it went from getting a ticket to getting an invitation to go shooting with him and his friends.

Awesome
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is in Illinois!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Here it is legal to have a loaded pistol in your glove box. What a difference a state line makes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top