Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 12:21:22 AM EDT
Not really. I love it, I'm just pissed about the outcome off the Griffin vs. Ortiz fight!

I honestly thought Ortiz was going to hand Forrest his ass, especially after the beginning of round 1 but I was rooting for Forrest to win and I think he did, but UFC can't have a relative rookie like Griffin give a complete upset like beating a star fighter like Ortiz. Even the score cards said Griffin won!

Man, I really like watchin this guy fight. Never a dull match when Griffin is in the ring. And found out he's an ex cop too. Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
tonight's UFC was probably the weakest I've seen in the last 2 years.

Too many decisions, not enough blood.

Suprised at the main event though!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I  thought Griffin won it, but then again, I am biased becuase I am a MMA guy AND a cop.

I always thought UFC should be a straight out give-up.  Either you get KTFO, submitted, your corner calls it or the doc says you are a no-go.

Doesn't make for good T.V. but makes for great fights.

B.C.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Very entertaining UFC for me.  I felt like the Griffin-Ortiz fight should have gone to Forrest, but I understood that it could go either way on the scorecards.  However, one judge giving the fight 30-27 to Ortiz was absolute BS.  IMO, it was 29-28 Griffin at best, and a draw at worst.

Arlovski losing was a big surprise, but at the same time, he's never proven himself against top talent.  One of my friends that watched the fight with me was a big Arlovski fan and he's still stunned that he lost.  I liked Arlovski too, but at least one positive is an American holds the belt now.

It was cool having Stephan Bonnar join the announcers for the Griffin-Ortiz fight.  They should do that more often, it adds a little more content to the discussions instead of just "he got rocked!" and "He needs to do more leg kicks!"  My favorite Rogan moment was watching Liddell beat the hell out of Horn while Rogan was saying "Horn just needs to do more leg kicks, they're really helping."

The other fights were okay, not really exciting but not horribly boring, and most of them had recognizable names fighting.  Good to see Evan Tanner get a win and hopefully get out of his Franklin-induced slump.  Fun seeing that asshole Nick Diaz lose again.  I would have liked to see some good ground action with the Cruz-Monson fight but whatever.  Karo was good as usual.

8 out of 10 from me, coulda been better if they gave the win to Griffin.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. On the bright side it sounds like there might be a Bonner vs. Griffin rematch! How Could there not After the 1st one. If I heard correctly Rogan asked Bonner what's next for you and Bonner replyed "Now that Forrest lost, probably Forrest Griffin."

And I'm definatly lookin forward to UFC 60 when Hughes beats the shit outa Royce Gracie finally!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I stopped watching UFC a while ago.  It kinda lost it's appeal to me when they added rounds and score cards.  I hate decisions and judges.  Don't get me wrong, I understand why they made the changes they did...  I just liked the old way when there was no question as to who won the fight.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Even Forest admitted that Ortiz won the fight. Watch the post-fight interview again. 9 times out of 10 Tito is going to walk through Forest. You try to shoot for a leg with 2 torn ligaments in your Knee and an almost ruptured disk in your back. What you saw in the 1st round was what Tito would do to Forest the entire fight, if he was healthy. Obviously you guys have no idea what Tito is capable of. Forest has very sloppy stand up and he did absolutley no damage to Tito. Tito isn't exactly known for his stand up either. The 1st round went to Tito, no question, and what secured the win for Tito was that last take-down, even Griffen admitted it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember during one of the pre-fight commentaries, I think it was Rogan who said "He needs to hit it hard and put him to sleep."  I Immediately couldn't help the thought of fellow arfcommer's getting a good chuckle at that very moment.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]
"Even Forest admitted that Ortiz won the fight. Watch the post-fight interview again. 9 times out of 10 Tito is going to walk through Forest. You try to shoot for a leg with 2 torn ligaments in your Knee and an almost ruptured disk in your back. What you saw in the 1st round was what Tito would do to Forest the entire fight, if he was healthy. Obviously you guys have no idea what Tito is capable of. Forest has very sloppy stand up and he did absolutley no damage to Tito. Tito isn't exactly known for his stand up either. The 1st round went to Tito, no question, and what secured the win for Tito was that last take-down, even Griffen admitted it."

I agree 100%.  Griffin is a good fightfighter but he's not in Tito's league.  Griffin's punches did no damage to Tito at all.  In my opinion Tito stood in and slugged with him and got the better of it even though that's not his stongpoint.  Tito has a serious knee injury. That's the only thing that let Griffin make it close.  Tito dominated in the first ound like a man fighting  child.  If he was 100% there's no doubt in my mind that rounds 2 and 3 would have been exactly the same.

-Jason M
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought Tito deserved to win the fight. Sylvia KO Arlovski shocked me. It was an ok UFC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top