Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 10:18:45 PM EDT
I always wanted an M1 carbine, preferably a winchester or Underwood.
After seeing the Officer killed by the whacked out viet nam vet I don't think I'm so interested any more.
Things like that don't usually bother me but I would be thinking about that Officer screaming the way he did every time I shot the damned thing.

I hope it passes because the whole time I lived in jersey I couldn't own one because of jersey's assault weapons ban that included the M1 carbine.
Commie fucks!

Maybe soon , maybe not.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
M1 carbine is a cool little gun.  dont let some knucklehead ruin your fun with an amazing piece of history
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If I could find the picture of the playboy bunny with a pancake on her head I would award your post with it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If I could find the picture of the playboy bunny with a pancake on her head I would award your post with it.

This one ?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, anything is worth having...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You sound a little like a liberal.  A gun is a tool.  No more, no less.  To be used for good or evil at your  choosing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey.. look at the snipers that used a Bushmaster AR for their deeds... didnt change my view of the rifle at all.

I DO have to agree that the video was VERY disturbing...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You sound a little like a liberal.  A gun is a tool.  No more, no less.  To be used for good or evil at your  choosing.

I sound like a liberal?
Thats funny.

I know it sounded weird , but liberal?

Ya know I crashed my MGB when I was 18 , I didn't go out and buy another one, bad ju ju, bad memories.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey.. look at the snipers that used a Bushmaster AR for their deeds... didnt change my view of the rifle at all.

You make a good point, I never once thought of not buying any more AR's or thought of selling any because of those two scum bags.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I missed the video.
Can anyone link it or IM it to me?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Disturbing that it took so many shots...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I think the screams were like a wounded animal.
It was disturbing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sound like a liberal?
Thats funny.

Ya know I crashed my MGB when I was 18 , I didn't go out and buy another one, bad ju ju, bad memories.

If the fact that an M1 carbine was used in a murder changed your mind about owning one, then yep,  you might have caught liberalism.   You should have left jersey sooner.

Just send me every gun you own, whose type was ever used to kill.  You will feel much better.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Cops have been killed by many different types of weapons from pistols to rifles, cars, bricks, their own flashbangs, etc.  Each death is a disturbing thing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was disturbing.

Just creepy hearing that from a human, isn't it?

And the rest of you guys, stop being so hard on him...

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was disturbing.

It's OK they were right in a way.
Not right about me being a liberal.
But somehow I was attaching part of the blame to an inanimate object and that is what liberals do.

Snapped me right out of it.
There's nothing scarier than thinking you have been assimilated LOL
In all seriousness, I guess you have to be on your guard at all times against the ever present thread of the borg AKA liberals
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sound like a liberal?
Thats funny.

If the fact that an M1 carbine was used in a murder changed your mind about owning one, then yep,  you might have caught liberalism.   You should have left jersey sooner.

Just send me every gun you own, whose type was ever used to kill.  You will feel much better.

By the way BillofRights, it wasn't the murder that disturbed me, we read about it all day, everyday,  it was actually seeing it unfold and hearing the last minutes of that officers life end in ungodly screams.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sound like a liberal?
Thats funny.

By the way BillofRights, it wasn't the murder that disturbed me, we read about it all day, everyday,  it was actually seeing it unfold and hearing the last minutes of that officers life end in ungodly screams.

Not to sound cold, but ya got to get over it man!

Thats what guns CAN do in the hands of BAD people.

That sweet little carbine didn't kill that cop, a madman did!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#18]
that rifle has killed thousands of nazis and japanese imperialists and helped save the free world from tyranny.

and you don't want one because some thug used it to murder a cop?

i don't understand.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
that rifle has killed thousands of nazis and japanese imperialists and helped save the free world from tyranny.

and you don't want one because some thug used it to murder a cop?

i don't understand.

I already rethought it, you're late , I am getting one.
I had a split second of evil liberal thought.
Now keep up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The washington sniper in Mary Land used a Varmit AR15 now I want one even more.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#21]
On the flip side of things, you know it's lethal.

Like my M1 and Fal and all the rest,combat tested and warrior approved.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#22]
My M1 Carbine is hands down my favorite rifle. Its not a GI, but its an Iver Johnson which is an exact copy. Love that little rifle
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey.. look at the snipers assholes with a rifle that used a Bushmaster AR for their deeds... didnt change my view of the rifle at all.

no offense frige, but you demean every REAL sniper by using that term to describe those two morons.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#24]
My old man had an Iver Johnson Enforcer, damn I loved shooting that thing as a kid...

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sound like a liberal?
Thats funny.

The definition of liberal thinking is emotion over logic. You make the call.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was disturbing.

It's OK they were right in a way.
Not right about me being a liberal.
But somehow I was attaching part of the blame to an inanimate object and that is what liberals do.

Snapped me right out of it.
There's nothing scarier than thinking you have been assimilated LOL
In all seriousness, I guess you have to be on your guard at all times against the ever present thread of the borg AKA liberals

It's fine to feel that way, the vid is fucked.  Sometimes people have thoughts that can be viewed as liberal and not be one.  After all, there are a whole lot of animal lovers on this site and they would wince at the very sound of the word.  Human nature cannot be pigeon holed into 2 thought processes.  Now back to my floating meditation triangle.

Oh yea, buy the rifle.  Justify it with "conquering your fears".
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Military nostolgia, pick 1 up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, I saw the video.  That wouldnt stop me from Owning an M1 carbine.

I know It is just metal and wood, but I dont think I would Want to own "THAT" M1 carbine I know was used to kill the cop. Yeah emotion over logic....Oh well
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey.. look at the snipers assholes with a rifle that used a Bushmaster AR for their deeds... didnt change my view of the rifle at all.

no offense frige, but you demean every REAL sniper by using that term to describe those two morons.

Actually we were BOTH right in the definitions of the word. You are using definition #1 and I was using definition #2. Granted I will give you that they were both ASSHOLES!

snip·er    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (snpr)
n.
1. A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
2. One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Dont let that video change your mind,unless you buy the rifle that killed the officer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#31]
One Saturday, I shot my M1 Carbine until the foregrip was scorched and smoking.  It is a fun little gun, but the .30 carbine is expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top