Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 7:37:25 PM EDT
I push guns, like a drug dealer pushes drugs.

I take my friends shooting and, I make them get their FOID card.  ( I live in Illinios, yeah I know it sucks, I am moving to a class III state when I retire, but I have to go where the money is now, first.) ( Even though I don't agree with gunlaws, I still follow them, begrudgingly, but I do follow them.)  My personal plan is to get more people to get a gun and learn to shoot it.  That way they will be on my side when more laws come up.  I guess, I'm grooming the voters.  Well as long as we still have the first amendment, but thats a different story.

This is an example of how to push guns:

Me:  Hey dude, do you wanna go shooting?

Dude:  I don't know, guns aren't cool, and all they do is hurt people.

Me:  Whoaah, slow down man, guns are not only cool, learning how to shoot is about the most patriotic thing you can do, man.  Guns, and learning to shoot guns, is the thing that conqured, defended and won this country.  As Americans we have always been at the forfront of technology.  Back in the day the flintlock rifle was the assualt weapon of the day, it was the shit to have one, and everyone learned to use it,  It was bigger then the hula-hoop dude.

Dude: No way.

Me: Yes way.  You know?  I have a flintlock rifle, if you want, I could show you how to shoot it.  You know, for, "historical informative knowledge"  (that get's 'em every time) I also have pistols, a shotgun an AR-15, an AK-4..

Dude:  You have an AK-47!?!?!?  What are you some kinda nut or sumth....

Me:  STFU!!! Don't interupt me, or I will DRAW DOWN on your sorry ass!!

Dude:  O.K. man, chill, sorry.

Me:  Anyways I have alot of stuff you can tryout and the first time is always free.

Dude:  Well I guess If it's free, I'll try it out.

Me:  How about sunday?

Dude:  Yeah, O.K.?

After Sunday......

Dude:  That was pretty cool.  Thanks.

Me:  Your welcome.  Next time you can buy half the ammo.

Dude:  Yeah, that's fair.

Me (In head):  "damn right it's fair, you were two Starbuck's away before you would become a dirty Commie, I enlighted your ass, ass..."

Dude:  When is the next time your going?

We: You wanna go?

Dude: Sure.

After next time.........

Dude: I think I wanna get a .22

Me:  What like mine? or the one you rented?

Dude:  Uh, like yours.

Me: Oh, my Ruger 10/22.  Yeah that a good first gun.  Then after that you can get a .38.  Some people stop there,  but I know you liked that AR, didn't you....

And so goes pushing guns like drugs.  Thank you folks, you have been an exellent group of readers.

Shoot striaght, but drink late.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
haha

sounds about like what i did with a buddy of mine, except his first gun was the AK
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You probably didn't have to try hard, if his first gun was an AK.

(edit, speling, I mean, spelling)
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I do this sort of thing too......Once I get the non believers to the range, it's all over........They're hooked.....I have yet to have any of my friends say..."Whoa, man! That was scary....not for me dude"....
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have this one guy, I am working on really hard, I can't get him to even hold a gun.  For a second I thought, "maybe I could get him a little drunk first"  and then I thought...  "maybe that's not a good idea."  I kid, I kid
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have this one guy, I am working on really hard, I can't get him to even hold a gun.  For a second I thought, "maybe I could get him a little drunk first"  and then I thought...  "maybe that's not a good idea."  I kid, I kid

Take him paintballing first, or something similar. Warm him up to the idea of being comfortable around them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top