Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2006 6:10:58 PM EDT

This is a picture of the water from the dock at my parents' cabin.  We stock a little fish food at the cabin and there are a ton of smaller fish that stay near the shore.  The depth in this pic is about four feet, and the longest fish in the picture is about 8-9" long.  There are easily 40-50 fish around our dock at any given time, and they come very quickly once the food hits the water.  These are mostly brim and a few gar, I think - I'm not too knowledgeable about freshwater fish species.  I was sitting there today watching them eat the food I was throwing out, and it suddenly hit me - what if I removed the dart cartridge from my Tazer gun and gave the water a five second jolt from the prongs?

Ideally, all the fish would be stunned enough that they would float to the surface and I could pull out the largest ones to fry, and the others would eventually swim away.

Would they all be killed?

Would it short out my Tazer somehow?

How far through the water would the effects be felt?

Could I be hurt if I tried this while sitting up on the dock?

Yes, I am serious.  I've had the Tazer for over a year and haven't shocked ANYTHING yet.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be fun,but i am sure it is illegal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Do it and post pics or video!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Either nothing wil happen or it will be COOL!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Darwin likes this thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW if your in Augusta GA sometime you can shock me with the tazer
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Roadtrip!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Can I spray you with some OC?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll pay your gas money if you drive up to Augusta and tazer Taxman.

I'm sure someone else will offer to pay for your meals.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag for AAR & picts
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Have video tape rollin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
This is soooo tagged!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#12]
dynamite works better.

would cool to see someone tazer one of those giant catfish like they have in mississippi. sortof a fresh water nantucket sleigh ride...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Can I hit you in the balls with an ASP?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I spray you with some OC?

No, I just wonder what being hit with the tazer will be like.

No OC but I can point you in the direction of some people of deserve it
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
It's going to be a while before you taggers get any gratification.  It will be AT LEAST a week before I head back up to the cabin, plus I will need someone with me to film from shore in case I hurt myself somehow.

ETA:  Taxman, I WILL be driving through Georgia on Friday the 28th, and I've always wanted to meet you, so....

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It's going to be a while before you taggers get any gratification.  It will be AT LEAST a week before I head back up to the cabin, plus I will need someone with me to film from shore in case I hurt myself somehow.

Well, now i have a whole week to drink beer and wait.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Can they buy me a meal too?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

ETA:  Taxman, I WILL be driving through Georgia on Friday the 28th, and I've always wanted to meet you, so....

If your in Augusta  706-755-4019
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I remember someone (possibly my Dad) relaying a story about using the old Army field phones (you know the ones you have to wind to generate a "ring") to shock fish.  They would take the leads and put 'em in the water.  When the fish would swim between the leads, they would crank away and the fish would float to the surface.  Fish are very sensitive to electical currents from what I understand.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll buy you a steak dinner.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#24]
So, is this car battery thing my grandpa used to tell me true?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Better hope some Fish and Wildlife game warden isn't around.

There's a term for it where "sportsmen" fishing types would drop a set a wires from and old hand-cranked radio generator into the water to stun the fish and bring them to the top.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Any other volunteers?  I've curious about the stopping power of some new 9mm hollowpoints I picked up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Taxman,

IM sent.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Taxman,

IM sent.  

There must be video of this event.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh shit TAG.

PLEASE take video.....PLEASE!!!!

ETA.....edit the title to "What will happen when I tazer Taxman."

And it is April 15th....how much better could it be?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I remember someone (possibly my Dad) relaying a story about using the old Army field phones (you know the ones you have to wind to generate a "ring") to shock fish.  They would take the leads and put 'em in the water.  When the fish would swim between the leads, they would crank away and the fish would float to the surface.  Fish are very sensitive to electical currents from what I understand.

I watched a commo guy do that once. It's called 'ringing up fish'.

AvengeR15, try it. Do it with long hair, though and you might wind up with a terrific afro.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I do it for food it deosnt make me a moron
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey Howard, hold my beer and check this shit out ! ! !  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#33]
this has "y'all watch this" written all over it
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

AvengeR15, try it. Do it with long hair, though and you might wind up with a terrific afro.

No worries there, I keep it in a high and tight.  

By the way, if the Taxman thing develops, I will devote a new thread to it, with the words "Taxman", "Video", and "Tazer" in the title.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I do it for food it deosnt make me a moron

No, you're not a moron......you will be a comedic(sp) genius.IMHO
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#36]
A steak dinner to get Tazed?  Taxman, you will certainly get the better deal out of this.  I've been Tazed before.  It only lasts for a few seconds.  Hurts like utter fucking hell, but only for a few seconds.  

I will be getting a Tazer issued to me in the very near future.  If anyone in the south florida area wants to buy me a steak dinner, I'll be more than happy to Taze you.  

AvengR15

Is the Tazer an LEO Tazer or the "Civilian" model.  LEO Tazer is 50,000 volts and 26 watts.

What are the specs on the yours?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Somebody from GA please step up to video this.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

And lodging.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Is the Tazer an LEO Tazer or the "Civilian" model.  LEO Tazer is 50,000 volts and 26 watts.

Mine is made by Taser International, model M18L.  The sticker says:  Max output:  5MW, 630-680NM.

It's flat black - no yellow except the actual bursting plate on the front of the cartridge, and has a laser sight activated by unsafing the weapon.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Old phone cranks are gone but these days we have meggers (used to measure ground systems like earth) that have cranks.  When I was in college, someone fell asleep in one of my electrical engineering class and the rest were eager to volunteer to zap the poor guy.  One student would wind that crank and the other student would put the probes on either side of the neck of the sleeper.  Sleeper awakes instantly to electrically stimulated vibrating shock radiating from the back of the neck (yes, I did find out what it felt like one day ).  Can't get away with that kind of behavior now, they would get sued.  To us it was just a prank back then.

The Taser sends out a pulse that is very specific in form and frequency, it may not be as effective on fish as it is on people.  However, as already said, fish are very sensitive to electricity - one of their senses detects other bodies in the water by it IIRC.

When you get bored with that you'll probably think about fish and Tannerite.

I'm interested in the outcome of this thread.  I have an older model Taser that I never got around to using but have spare dart cartriges for.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Do it and post pics or video!!!!!

Fo shizzle!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Can I shoot you in the balls with a 12 gauge beanbag round?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I shoot you in the throat with a 12 gauge beanbag round?

Nope.

Im still wanting someone to hold the M44 stock to thier crotch and fire a round
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Taxman's place is about 75 miles out of the way of where I am going.  I won't stop anyone who wants to contribute to the gas/steak dinner portion of this event.  We've exchanged cell numbers so at this point it looks like a go for the 29th.

Paypal @ [email protected]

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is made by Taser International, model M18L.  The sticker says:  Max output:  5MW, 630-680NM.

It's flat black - no yellow except the actual bursting plate on the front of the cartridge, and has a laser sight activated by unsafing the weapon.

I think that's the wrong sticker-- that just says you've got a red laser with a 5mW output.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#46]
oh shitz.

tagz!~
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that's the wrong sticker-- that just says you've got a red laser with a 5mW output.

According to the TI website, the M18L is 50,000 volts and 18 watts.

Still won't be fun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Taser info link.

Looks like 50,000 volts, 18 watts.

Just like the one below, but flat black.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#50]
IBTL
I hate to be the party pooper but Isn't doing something possibly illegal(violation of state game laws)and posting pictures of it against COC?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top