Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 4:18:50 PM EDT
Just reinstalled XP (and everything else - new hard drive), and now when I try to play a .wmv file, it starts up Windows Media Player, but it doesn't work right:  the video shows up multicolored, kind of like a negative effect, but all different colors?   Tried messing with all the settings.  Everything is updated.  

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
get the k-lite codec pack, and see if that fixes the problem.

www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
get the k-lite codec pack, and see if that fixes the problem.

www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Thanks for the suggestion adair_usmc.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Not sure what is going on, it always worked fine before.  I have tried watching 3 linked videos from this sight today, and all of them are showing up with this multicolored business.  I downloaded the full version of the K_lite_Codec, and set it as the default player, but no dice.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Try downloading and re-installing windows media player 10 next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top