Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT

That's 900 rounds of ammo, all bought in one trip, and the cashier didn't even blink. In case you can't see the pic, the Win 5.56 is all Q3131.

And this doesn't hurt either:

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool...

We just got our own Gander Mountain here in Tyler, grand opening is next friday.
The carry a good variety of ammo, have fair prices on their guns, and good prices on reloading supplies.  Makes life a little easier.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
beats wally-world.

They don't carry ARs, but I got a nice Rem. 700 PSS for a good price there once

I get my AW's at Mill's Fleet Farm.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged for the ensuing shit storm.

I should tell you that GM is universally hated here on arfcom for their policies on gun sales.  Such as no ARs, AKs, or any other "non hunting" type long gun.  Not to mention when I was there earlier today their Glocks were $590 a pop.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
They wouldnt order me a Mossy 590A1 :mad:
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
When did that go into effect?  I was at a GM in West Virginia about 2months ago and they had tons of ARs there.  Their prices are too high imo, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats the first I've EVER heard of one having ARs.  There have been lots of threads about it and lots of us have asked the store managers about it and most have gotten answers like "no one needs those you can't hunt with them"
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish they had those out here.  We got a really good small shop though, that makes up for it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
picked up some wolf for $2.49 a box today.  How much did you pay per box of win 5.56?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Obviously, we know the original poster is lying.  All of the ammo dried up months ago.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I was there last summer, they wanted something like 12.99 for WWB .223 55gr when it was still 7 something at Wally World.

ETA: Oh yea, this store was on MD's Eastern store. I think their manager must have been slacking too because much of their merchandice wasn't even priced. Kind of pissed me off.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Obviously, we know the original poster is lying.  All of the ammo dried up months ago.  

In Before Peak Ammo Chart
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
That Win was 5.49 a box.

Universally hated? I didn't get the memo that I was supposed to hate GM. IMHO, it's all about finding a reason to be happy instead of finding a reason to be pissed. I find it's much better for my blood pressure and such to find a reason to be happy. Yeah, their black rifle policy is dumb, but they have lots and lots of ammo at a decent price, lots of handguns, and a pretty good selection of accessories (holsters, slings, safes, cases, etc). I'll get what they have there (or anywhere else that's handy), and buy my black rifles somewhere else.

Also, Wallyworld is way more PC in their selection, but I don't see anyone trying to start a crusade over that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That Win was 5.49 a box.

Thanks I was just wondering, over here it is 5.65 a box.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I made a similar purchase at their new store in Tyler. I'm glad that they opened one up near me.   I can already see that I'll being spending alot of time & money there.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#15]
They didn't have the UMC 200 round pack at my GM last time I checked.

What where they asking for it at your store?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Local gunsmiths rely on gun sales to supplement their gun repair business and FFL transfer fees. GM is having a "walmart" effect on traditional gunsmiths, driving them out of business with this mass gun wholesaling.

In a few years you may have a hard time finding someone to handle transfers of your black rifles, AKs, CETMEs, Barretts, etc...

You will only have yourselves to blame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top