Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 3:31:13 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has a 60" or 72" diesel? Pro and cons? Gotta buy a new mower and never had a 0 turn. Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i have the kubota 60"

28 horsepower. diesel.

bought it last year brand new :) so far the thing is very nice.

it gets very nice fuel efficiency?, a tank full will do my 5 acres of yard 3 times.

when i first started mowing my back area i used a Demo Kubota diesel same as the one i bought except it wasnt as new, 28 horsepower etc.

it mowed down 3-4 foot tall weed's etc in 1 pass with nearly NO engine slow down.

positive list,

Fuel use

easy to maintain/ clean

power :"_)

NEGATIVE list
damn bar that stands up in the air its a roll over bar , really makes it annoying to mow around tree's, always nail it on tree's etc.

the cost is sorta  a negative.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally have a Dixie Chopper, however my boss has a 60" ZTR Kubota with the diesel engine. I think he paid around $11,000 for it. I like it, seems very durable and cuts very good. He has about 5 acres to mow and it usually takes him about 2-2.5 hrs. He is very picky with his yard, I think he could cut down on his time a little bit. But then again, I bought my DC for my father and I, we live next to each other. It takes him about 45mins to mow 2 acres.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
They are very well built but the SCAG has a better built deck and has easier maitenance. Kubota has an edge with the engine. I would consider Kubota and SCAG the top makers of zero turn mowers, look around and form your own opinion though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top