Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 7:15:19 AM EDT
WTF? The anti-gun crackpots have really gone off the deep end with this one...

http://www.licensetomurder.com
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The dumbasses will always bark.

Don't feed the monkeys....
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That website has been up since we enacted the law in October.

It's so full of lies I can't read it entirely in one sitting.

I really wish (HA!) that they would be honest in their quest for world domination.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Invite the liberals over my house. After that law comes into effect.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#4]
dang it, i clicked on this thread wondering if i was gonna need a background check for the license.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#5]
email sent!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
#whois licensetomurder.com

Registrant:
  Freedom States Alliance
  PO Box 618363
  Chicago, Illinois 60661
  United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
  Domain Name: LICENSETOMURDER.COM
     Created on: 13-Dec-05
     Expires on: 13-Dec-06
     Last Updated on: 15-Jan-06

Administrative Contact:
     Karlin, Mark  [email protected]
     Freedom States Alliance
     PO Box 618363
     Chicago, Illinois 60661
     United States
     (312) 575-0493

Technical Contact:
     Karlin, Mark  [email protected]
     Freedom States Alliance
     PO Box 618363
     Chicago, Illinois 60661
     United States
     (312) 575-0493

Domain servers in listed order:
     NS.RACKSPACE.COM
     NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

======================
chicago, figures.

edited to add: never post your e-mail address in a forum online; spammers love to parse sites like this harvesting e-mails like [email protected] and sign them up for spamming lists.

<a href=mailto:"[email protected]"></a>

[email protected] <[email protected]>
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, we already know they are mentally challenged.   They simply fail to understand the part where you have to be in fear of your life or great bodily harm.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Funny, the only one listed at Anywho.com is:

Karlin, Mark
1411 Gregory Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
847-256-4309

Karlin, Mark
1411 Gregory Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
847-256-6068

Google search of Mark Karlin:

He's a Public Affairs wonk, and the editor of buzzflash.com

Markkarlin.com

ETA - he also received a grant from The Joyce Foundation - check the amount

Mark Karlin & Associates
Chicago, IL $650,000
To support the continued efforts of its Freedom States Alliance, a project to promote financial self-sufficiency and effective media, public, and policy-maker education efforts among gun violence prevention groups, especially those in Illinois and Wisconsin.
(18 mos.)

Of course, it sounds like they're right up there with Brady n company:

Gun violence takes approximately 30,000 American lives each year, second only to automobile crashes among causes of injury-related death. But while safety regulations have dramatically reduced highway fatalities, firearms remain virtually unregulated. The Gun Violence Program supports efforts to bring the firearms industry under comprehensive consumer product health and safety oversight as the most promising long-term strategy for reducing deaths and injuries from handguns and other firearms.

Program priorities are:

• Supporting state-based policy initiatives in Illinois and Wisconsin that can achieve meaningful reforms and provide a model for gun policy nationwide

• Supporting state groups in other Midwest states to expand their membership, funding levels, and organizational capacity to promote meaningful gun policy

• Supporting focused research to inform state policy efforts

• Strengthening public and policy maker support for full implementation of the National Violent Death Reporting System

Revised this year.

Gun Violence Program Officer: Roseanna Ander

Support staff: Jean Westrick

Foundations Should Support Firearms Research
The tragedies caused by gun violence have rippled throughout the headlines in recent weeks. Joyce Foundation President Ellen S. Alberding examines how foundations can give law-enforcement officials and health professionals the information essential to develop and evaluate strategies for reducing gun-related deaths and injuries.

Wonder if they'd offer a grant to fund firearms safety programs? (of course not - the only sfe gun is a melted one)

The rest of the site is more leftists dreck about "social and economic justice" and the poverty gap yadda yadda yadda.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

edited to add: never post your e-mail address in a forum online; spammers love to parse sites like this harvesting e-mails like [email protected] and sign them up for spamming lists.

<a href=mailto:"[email protected]"></a>

[email protected] <[email protected]>

And never post your email addy to alt.test on the usenet boards either. And make sure nobody spoofs your email addy to one of those boards.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And never post your email addy to alt.test on the usenet boards either. And make sure nobody spoofs your email addy to one of those boards.....

You mean like [email protected] ?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a un-PC tee shirt that reads as follows:

I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learners permit!

Bought it at a gun show!      
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Aww, how cute....they even have an edgy flash intro to their site, complete with unsettling words highlighted in red.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top