Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 1:09:30 AM EDT
OK folks, I need your help. I need someone from each state who can serve as that state's letter distributor. I already have a letter written and ready to go, pending the addition of some contact information. And I already have the email address for the editors of various papers in Texas and Alabama...and will be gathering more for other states this weekend and throughout next week.

But I can't gather all of this stuff plus send the letters myself also. I need some help. Just the process of searching through 50 or 60 newspaper websites per state, one at a time, and jotting down the info is very time consuming and busting my ass. LOL. Besides, there is a much greater chance the letters will get printed if they are sent from someone who resides in the same state as the newspaper serves.

I already have Kentucky taken care of and out of the way. Now I need some volunteers from other states to step up and help get these letters sent out. Again, most of the work is already done for you. I will send you the email addy list and attach a copy of the letter. You can then put your name and city/state on it and send it in. Also, be advised that most of these papers won't print your letter unless you also enclose a phone number and/or mailing address/email for the purposes of author verification by the paper. I have created a place at the bottom of the letter to add this info, but with clear instructions that the papers CANNOT print your personal info, only use it should they need to verify you are the sender of the info. If they choose not to print it and toss it out because you refuse to list your personal contact info, then fuck em. It's not worth it to subject yourself to harassment from the opposition.

Anyway, if you are in, please bump this thread and send me an IM. Leave your email address and tell me what state you are in. I will then get you a copy of the letter, the email addresses and instructions in the mail ASAP. I have Alabama and Texas ready to go. I will gather the info for other states based on the order I hear from you in.

Please help out with this. If we all work together, we can get the information about the Send A Brick campaign in front of the eyes of millions of readers. This will be huge for our effort. Just imagine how many people might see this if only one or two major city papers print this. If numerous papers print it, then word will spread quicker than we could have ever dreamed. This is the most bang for the least buck type of idea I can visualize. With good participation, we may be able to get this info out to a couple thousand papers.

Thanks,

-CH
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Ill offer a central location forum for everyone if you want to use it.... If theres not one already

Here ya go
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit, I'm in for Missouri. I was going to do it on some scale anyway, with you making it this easy I can't see any reason to procrastinate sending out some letters. I agonize over articulating, so assuming your letter is good, and I'm sure it is....the hard part is done for me.

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Shit, I'm in for Missouri. I was going to do it on some scale anyway, with you making it this easy I can't see any reason to procrastinate sending out some letters. I agonize over articulating, so assuming your letter is good, and I'm sure it is....the hard part is done for me.

IM inbound.

Thank you.

The letter makes the point, but is concise. Many papers will not accept letters that are over 200 words in length, so the one I wrote hit on all the pertinent details of the mission and provided a link to the send-a-brick.com website for further info. I think it accounted for 3 paragraphs and about 196 words. That should eliminate any issues of it being discarded due to excessive length.

BTW, thank you. I will now begin collecting the info for Missouri and get the info out to you later this morning. You're a good American!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IM inbound.

Thank you.

The letter makes the point, but is concise. Many papers will not accept letters that are over 200 words in length, so the one I wrote hit on all the pertinent details of the mission and provided a link to the send-a-brick.com website for further info. I think it accounted for 3 paragraphs and about 196 words. That should eliminate any issues of it being discarded due to excessive length.

BTW, thank you. I will now begin collecting the info for Missouri and get the info out to you later this morning. You're a good American!

Thanks, you are a good American too. Frankly I'm a little disconcerted with politicians in America but I figure one last balls out effort to see if any of these "representatives" are listening is an obligation. Worst case I'll know exactly where things lay in this country (I suspect I already know) and I can say I tried.

I also live in Branson, we have maybe 10-20 thousand tourists at any given time, with most of them conservative. My mission for the weekend is to soak as many of them as possible with flyers.

Too bad I can't find an incredibly stupid illegal alien to go distribute flyers for me for $5 bucks a day.....can you say irony?

"que pasa....es flyers por aztlan! Viva Aztlan!"
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
What is Send-a-Brick?

Please inform
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is Send-a-Brick?

Please inform

www.send-a-brick.com/

It's a movement started by members of this website to urge the US Govt to do something about our open borders and the illegal immigration issue. In effect, the effort is aimed at flooding Congress with bricks (with attached letters demanding something be done) until they come around and do their duty as representatives of the people.

Think of it as the "Boston Brick Party", if you will.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is Send-a-Brick?

Please inform

www.send-a-brick.com/

It's a movement started by members of this website to urge the US Govt to do something about our open borders and the illegal immigration issue. In effect, the effort is aimed at flooding Congress with bricks (with attached letters demanding something be done) until they come around and do their duty as representatives of the people.

I can send the drafted letter to local papers here, count me in. Let me know what you need.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll help in North Carolina.............

Let me know what I can do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:51:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. Be sure to PM me your emails and I'll try to get these out to you two later today. I just finished with Missouri.

Ooops, I see one new PM just came in. I suspect the other will be on the way.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#10]
^ ^
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#11]
BTT.

Still lots of states remaining.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh man...

That's just too funny...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I posted in the other thread, too.

I will take Maricopa County in AZ, which is a LOT of papers.  But if you can't get a volunteer for the rest of the state, I'll try to tackle it.  Send me the letter and any special instructions.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is Send-a-Brick?

Please inform

www.send-a-brick.com/

I can send the drafted letter to local papers here, count me in. Let me know what you need.

I have fax numbers for these if you like.  Patty
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:42:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll take NEW YORK, ALBANY/UPSTATE area or the entire state, whichever you see fit - IM sent CH.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#16]
This is a great program, its unfortunate we can not send a select number of congresscritters to mexico /w/no money also.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#17]
OK, I have now completed my searches for the newspaper email addresses in Missouri, Oregon, North Carolina, Louisiana, Arizona, Texas and Alabama.

I am still in the process of typing a couple of these up and getting them to the appropriate person for distribution.

I am still to hear from anyone in Alabama. Is anyone here from Bama willing to take care of that state for us? If so, shoot me an IM.

I now only have the state of New York waiting to be searched. I will likely start on it later today (or ealy in the morning). So if a few more people want to volunteer to be "letter distributors" from other states, just give this thread a bump and shoot me an IM, telling me what state you are in and your email address. I will then likely get the info and letter sent out to you tomorrow.

Any more takers? This is really an unbelievably good means of getting the word out to lots of people at NO cost, so take advantage of this. And remember, this won't be that much work for you. Basically, you can expect to send about 20-30 emails. I will be providing you with the email addresses and the letter. All you will need to do is attach your name and info to them and send them. Pretty easy, huh?  

-CH
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#18]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is Send-a-Brick?

Please inform

www.send-a-brick.com/

Please forward info, thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Any more takers? This is really an unbelievably good means of getting the word out to lots of people at NO cost, so take advantage of this. And remember, this won't be that much work for you. Basically, you can expect to send about 20-30 emails. I will be providing you with the email addresses and the letter. All you will need to do is attach your name and info to them and send them. Pretty easy, huh?  

-CH

Too easy for their to only be 19 replies to this thread. C'mon guys, this took me FIVE  MINUTES! Charging_Handle has really already done the work for us on this one. Step up and help the man out!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#21]
drunk posting
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Guys, thanks for the words of support. I am sure some more folks will jump on board today.

But if I can't get more volunteers, I have another trick up my sleeve. That's right, ol' Charging_Handle just might have to start DRAFTING people!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I have too much on my plate already, but i will take Bama.
Thanks so much for your help!!!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I already have AZ, and all of the 20 of those will go out tomorrow.

Want me to take Nevada, too?

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#25]
We've already had 23,569 people checking out the send a brick site!!!  
Lets get it up in the 1,000,000  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Elite-Soldier:

Thank you. I have Bama's info already gathered and ready to go. I just needed someone to accept it. Bama was one of the first states I did, as I conisder that a very red state. Hehe. I'll send that out sometime this morning, once I have finished my searches for the state of New York. There's so many papers up there that this one is a humdinger. Whew.

richardh247:

Thanks for your offer. Hopefully someone else can step up and take Nevada for us, but if it doesn't happen in the next couple of days, I have your email retained and you may be hearing from me.

BTW, I am still yet to get a volunteer to PM me an email address from the state of Texas. I also have a list of emails ready to go for that state, just as soon as someone steps up and volunteers to distribute them. With as many members as we have on this site from TX, surely someone has a few spare minutes they can devote to this.

-CH
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm gonna set bama on fire, i promise you!!! hehehe. we will get a LOT of support here!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:25:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm gonna set bama on fire, i promise you!!! hehehe. we will get a LOT of support here!  

Sounds good.

BTW, can you PM me your email addy? I'll go ahead and get you a copy of the letter and all the emails I have sent out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#29]
OK, here's an update on the states thus far that I've completed when it comes to "letter to the editor" stuff:

Missouri (thanks SiberianBlue)
Oregon (thanks Orygunman)
North Carolina (thanks Tumor)
Louisiana (thanks djohns6)
Arizona (thanks richardh247)
New York (thanks hkgnnr)
Texas (thanks CMOS)
Alabama (thanks Elite-Soldier)
Arkansas (thanks Maxxx)
Colorado (thanks again SiberianBlue)

Now, that leaves about 40 states in which I am yet to hear from a volunteer. I am all caught up so far, so if anyone else out there would like to step up and take a state, I will get you the email contact points for that state's newspapers, as well as a sample letter and get all of that to you. Then all you will need to do is simply add your name to it and send it in. Again, this is a chance to gain lots of publicity for our effort with no cost and little pain on your part.

If interested, PM me your email and I'll get to work on it. Thanks again.

-CH
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
OK, here's an update on the states thus far that I've completed when it comes to "letter to the editor" stuff:

Missouri (thanks SiberianBlue)
Oregon (thanks Orygunman)
North Carolina (thanks Tumor)
Louisiana (thanks djohns6)
Arizona (thanks richardh247)
New York (thanks hkgnnr)
Texas (thanks CMOS)
Alabama (thanks Elite-Soldier)
Arkansas (thanks Maxxx)
Colorado (thanks again SiberianBlue)

Now, that leaves about 40 states in which I am yet to hear from a volunteer. I am all caught up so far, so if anyone else out there would like to step up and take a state, I will get you the email contact points for that state's newspapers, as well as a sample letter and get all of that to you. Then all you will need to do is simply add your name to it and send it in. Again, this is a chance to gain lots of publicity for our effort with no cost and little pain on your part.

If interested, PM me your email and I'll get to work on it. Thanks again.

-CH

What, no volunteers for New Mexico?  

Sorry, I'm leaving to email editors.  Again, I'll take Nevada if you need me to.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#31]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is Send-a-Brick?

Please inform

www.send-a-brick.com/

Please forward info, thanks

I'll dig out the fax numbers this afternoon.  I did look up in the blue book and they have email addresses now available.  I sent off an email to Don McIntyre [who does a lot of work with the media] and he said the emails work well.  

LINK To Blue Book

*ETA* Charging Handle if you can't get reps from other states let me know.  If I'm able to find email addresses or fax numbers, I'd be happy to help with a few other states.

Patty
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks Patty. I may need to call on you to handle Washington, Idaho or Northern California if I can't get some other volunteers that live in those states.

BTW, Massachusetts has now been taken care of also. Lady Liberty is doing Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and DC.

I would really, really also like to hit Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wisonsin, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, Washington, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, etc.

Anymore volunteers? Come on guys, I have listened to you all bitch about illegals now for months. Now that we have a chance to do something that might make a difference, take advantage of the chance. Is representing only 13 of 50 states the best job ar15.com members can do, even when 90% of the actual work will be done for you? PM me if you wanna help with your email address and tell me what state you are in.

Thanks!

-CH
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Bump!

CH - Emails have ALL been sent!

C'mon folks step up!   It doesnt take much effort on your part - CH has covered all the research, all we've got to do is cut and paste, request from the editors to publish - and send the emails!

Took me all of 30 minutes to email/online submission of the notice.

Now git off yer asses and FIGHT!

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#35]
LETTER WAS PUBLISHED TODAY 4/18/06 - 450K circulation, Schenectady Gazette. NY

Entire letter was published along with the website address.

Also received word from another Newspapers' editor of the Baldwin Herald - he's sending a brick himself!

C'mon folks, we need to get the word out - volunteer!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I would really, really also like to hit Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wisonsin, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, Washington, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, etc.

Anymore volunteers? Come on guys, I have listened to you all bitch about illegals now for months. Now that we have a chance to do something that might make a difference, take advantage of the chance. Is representing only 13 of 50 states the best job ar15.com members can do, even when 90% of the actual work will be done for you? PM me if you wanna help with your email address and tell me what state you are in.

Thanks!

-CH

What do you expect out of a bunch of keyboard commandos? Talk but no action, typical of most Americans that are comfortable with the given situation. Guess they have no room to complain, do they?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:28:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Seriously, whats the hold up with members in the states still needed?

CH and crew have done an exceptional job at writing a tasteful, commanding and well versed letter - all you need to do is forward it on to the email/links to news orgs.  What the newspapers do with it is, not up to us.  Yet, I had two more published letters than I thought I would, so far.  I compiled my emails to nearly 30 papers/contacts in under an hour.

"Lead, follow or get outta my way"  

Well, what say you fellow ARFCOMers?

Are you going to sit there bitch and moan or, step up - make your voice be heard.

Our actions may stir the silent - and thats good enough for me.

Remember your ancestors, your grandparents or great grandparents - who came to this nation with a dream and did so LEGALLY.  They probably didnt even understand the english language, but they didn't expect nor demand the polpulation of the United States learn theirs. They didnt sneak and cower - or expect special treatment, waving flags of Italy, the Ukraine, Poland, Austria, Russia and so on.

The time for action is now, and that doesnt mean bitching on discussion boards while wearing your footie PJs.

STEP UP, ANTE UP and MOUNT UP - do it for your ancestors, your families and the silent who are too afraid to speak out!  Just please DON'T tell me, especially here, that you're the one who's "afraid."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top