Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 6:16:11 PM EDT
I order some xf-7 lube from this place a week ago, i had to tell this guy my address 3 or 4 times  till he could get it right.Well i called this place 3 times over a 7 day period, well on that 3rd time i called (today) and tell them i still have no product,This lady just says quit beinga pain in my a$$ and you will get it when you get it and then hangs up on me.Now mind you have have been VERY polite to them every time i called even when she was being rude to me.Well i call back and this guy just starts being a smart a$$ and calls me a co@K sucker balh balh balh and yelling soo loud that my wife could her him and she was about 10feet way from me, the guy was just cursing soo much i could not make out what he was saying.Well i told him i would post on ar-15.com he said go ahead didnt give a sh*t would hurt  him at all.Soory for the rant.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Let me get this straight - you ORDERED it a week ago, and you've called them 4 times already.  

Why?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Let me get this straight - you ORDERED it a week ago, and you've called them 4 times already.  

Why?

+1  You complained after waiting seven days?!?!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Why?

OCD
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Kind of a chickenshit order to get all spittie-lipped over...

Go here...

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
3 times,3rd time was when they were rude to me. Sorry the 3 times includes the 1st the order,2nd time asking for a tracking #,(was not sure if i was going to be back in town on time) and they did not take the time to give it to me.3rd was today had no product after 1 week they said it shipped ups on friday 7th from AZ.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
How long did they tell you it would take?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]
how about waiting long enough for someon to ship something- believe it or not, your 3 dollar order doesn't make the world go round, and i'm sure they won't miss your business................moron
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys, guys read up i just posted the 3 calls i made ,look up a little on the post And the order was 30 bucks xf-7 is not cheap Good stuff though.READ MY 2ND POST ON THIS THREAD
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
www.smithenterprise.com/order.html

Retail customers: please do not request tracking numbers on any item other than complete weapons or weapons receivers. Your orders will be shipped within two working weeks of the order being placed. As stated elsewhere, our focus is on supporting US military and FMS logistical requirements. We appreciate your understanding.

Did you miss this?

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#13]
3 calls too much??? 1 CALL IS MY ORDER 2ND CALL WAS ASKING FOR MY TRACKING # AND YOU GUYS THINK IM BEING A JERK?And calling too much
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys, guys read up i just posted the 3 calls i made ,look up a little on the post And the order was 30 bucks xf-7 is not cheap Good stuff though.

3 times is too much....Stop calling already.

Any GOOD business would have supplied a tracking number when a purchase is made and should have NO problem giving one when called for one.
Good customer service makes you more money.  Poor service costs you that particular customer  AND many more he told about the poor service.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
3 calls too much??? 1 CALL IS MY ORDER 2ND CALL WAS ASKING FOR MY TRACKING # AND YOU GUYS THINK IM BEING A JERK?And calling too much

Next time read their terms and policies before you do business with them.  It's not THEIR fault that you didn't.

You are essentially blaming the company for YOUR mistake.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Retail customers: please do not request tracking numbers on any item other than complete weapons or weapons receivers. Your orders will be shipped within two working weeks of the order being placed. As stated elsewhere, our focus is on supporting US military and FMS logistical requirements. We appreciate your understanding.

Did you miss this?

Translation.......piss on you civvies.  You'll get it when we get around to it.
If you can't handle the amount of business then DON"T sell to civvies.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Since their website says that they do not provide tracking numbers for items other than weapons and recievers and that they ship within two working weeks, yes, I do think you are being a jerk for calling them three times and then slamming them here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss this?

They make it pretty clear who their target market is. If others from outside that market insist on purchasing products from them, they shouldn't be surprised when their orders are not given top priority.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I m not mad  at not getting the lube in a week im just sruprised that they would call me an a$$ hole c$%^k sucker and screaming , there CUSTOMER SERVICE sucks and being called a c$%k sucker and any other name in the book.Not a good way to treat people who are buying from you. Like i said  i knew they do contracts first but they said it shipped on the 7th. I was being  VERY POLITE.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I got excellent CS from Mr Smith.  

I emailed about questions on the m1a #2006 scope mount.  I forgot that my email sent my signature (which contained my name and phone number)  he called me within 15 minutes.  which i did not expect.  he answered all my questions, and i bought the mount a set of rings and a cheek piece from him.   Got in less than a week later.

I would order from him again.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss this?

They make it pretty clear who their target market is. If others from outside that market insist on purchasing products from them, they shouldn't be surprised when their orders are not given top priority.

So what's your point ??  My translation was correct.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#22]
If thats how you feel about it, then don't order from them- pretty simple stuff, really.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#23]
There was absolutely no reason for the customer to be cursed at. None whatsoever. Way to many people here have no idea what customer service should mean.

If they told him politely that it would be a week or so it sounds as if the customer would have been satisfied.

Gee, E mailed Cp today. Got e mailed back in a very reasonable time. Called the gentleman, he said he was busy and would call right back [HIS dime now] He called back in 15or 20 minutes, chatted a few ordered a dozen mags + SS one thrown in.

THAT is customer service, THAT is how to build your business. THAT is how to build repeat business. THAT is how you spread word of mouth advertising that cost you NOTHING. THAT is what I hope to recieve as a customer.

In turn I will spend more money because I was satisfied with the transaction.

It would have cost Smith Jack and Shit to spend a minute with a customer without cursing. I know where I won't spend money at if this is how they feel about their customers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey  i agree with you gunner and i wont.Just want to give my dealing's with them thats all.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I love how people have embraced this "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" bullshit.  I'm glad a company finally had the balls to tell it how it is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I love how people have embraced this "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" bullshit.  I'm glad a company finally had the balls to tell it how it is.

First post huh........
So what business are you in ?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Also i buy ALOT OF STUFF FROM VENDERS HERE,  BIGBORE ( ADCO 2 ar-15's a 1 kimber TLE ) EAGLE FIREARMS (4 AR-15'S) 44 MAG AND BRAVO COMAPNY (100 TO 150 MAGS) OUT DOOR BROTHERS (FRASHER) 60 GLOCK MAGS. ATALNTIC FIREARMS( BLANE )1 AK-47 VECTOR.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Also i buy ALOT OF STUFF FROM VENDERS HERE,  BIGBORE ( ADCO 2 ar-15's a 1 kimber TLE ) EAGLE FIREARMS (4 AR-15'S) 44 MAG AND BRAVO COMAPNY (100 TO 150 MAGS) OUT DOOR BROTHERS (FRASHER) 60 GLOCK MAGS. ATALNTIC FIREARMS( BLANE )1 AK-47 VECTOR.

pics???  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The customer isn't always right, but at the very least is a customer. Any company that puts people on the phone who can't deal with someone (who in their estimation has called too many times) without resorting to calling them a co@K sucker needs to be sent to shipping and receiving. Those folks were out of line, regardless of what the profit margin is on an item, or what his number of calls were. That number may seem excessive, but their response was way over the top in comparison.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Will try to get some soon SOME of these venders here know who i am when i call. Ask them if I HAVE ever been an A$$ to deal with. ALSO have 2 ARSENAL MILLED AK-47S'.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Great first post, or a new troll account bro. The customer has a right to know what is going on with his order and it sounds as if he was unsure they got it right. That is an entirely valid reason to call.

It has nothing to do with "the customer is always right", it has to do with being professional and curtious to someone who is spending money.

Stupid Co$#sucker.
 Bet you just got a little streamed didn't you? Because it was not called for. Same as for the gent who ordered something and checked on it.
I apologise for saying that but I was trying to prove a point. Point being it was not needed just because I disagree with you. Would you rather be told the first part politely or the second rudely? Ammoman must have bought them out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Also GUNNER thank's for calling me a moron.. now that you have read this thread in more detail you still think that?Also i glad SOME people on this fourm can understand the point im trying to make.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss this?

What is your Beef with Smith?

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There was absolutely no reason for the customer to be cursed at. None whatsoever. Way to many people here have no idea what customer service should mean.

If they told him politely that it would be a week or so it sounds as if the customer would have been satisfied.

Gee, E mailed Cp today. Got e mailed back in a very reasonable time. Called the gentleman, he said he was busy and would call right back [HIS dime now] He called back in 15or 20 minutes, chatted a few ordered a dozen mags + SS one thrown in.

THAT is customer service, THAT is how to build your business. THAT is how to build repeat business. THAT is how you spread word of mouth advertising that cost you NOTHING. THAT is what I hope to recieve as a customer.

In turn I will spend more money because I was satisfied with the transaction.

It would have cost Smith Jack and Shit to spend a minute with a customer without cursing. I know where I won't spend money at if this is how they feel about their customers.

I really dont see Mr Smith Cussing someone out.

Very true, however, the people you hire to speak to the customer are the business owners voice. Mr Smith might be a wonderful guy, but the customer will never know that, will he? All he will know is that he was cussed out by some representative of a company he called.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss this?

So what's your point ??  My translation was correct.

My point is that when the company tells you up front that you are not a high priority customer, don't be surprised when you find out it is true.

This is the same thing that has played out between civilian customers and military oriented companies since 2001.

It was a huge thing with SOE in Oceanside, CA. Dozens of Marines and sailors were walking into the store daily to place orders for gear they needed before going to Iraq and assholes who had no immediate need were tearing the discussion boards up bitching about SOE not taking care of customers.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why so many people on this board think that companies should feel obligated to put civilian orders first.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I was NOT wanting to be first as i said  a few post ago i KNEW that they had other contracts,Im saying that BEING CALLED  c0^k sucker a$$hole and haveing POOR SERVICE as in yelling at the top of your lungs mad at a person then hanging up on them is no way to treat people who buy from YOU..If  i had to wait 2  or 3 weeks big deal..  but they SAID IT SHIPPED OUT APRIL 7.I was not sure if i was going to be in town in time or not and just wanted a tracking #. So a friend could pick it up for me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Why?

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#39]
No i called, 3 TIMES TOTAL 1 of the calls was  the order the 2ND call was asking for a tracking #3rd call was called a co&k sucker %$#&** & hung up on.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Actually, I wasn't referring to you. I just figured that you had not read the website thoroughly and missed the part that said that they didn't give tracking numbers. I think that three calls in a week may be a bit excessive, but they have your money, not mine. Hitting you with a string of profanity was probably uncalled for, although not really out of the ordinary for small gun companies.

My post was directed squarely at the guy I quoted who thinks that a company who only sells to civilians with a warning that their business is not a priority is somehow unable to handle civilian business.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Joe7, reading comprehension is nil tonight. Give it up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#42]
LOL i hear ya,  Thats ok for the name calling, i still like everyone on this board no hard feelings.I would like to thank all that responded to my post ,HAVE  a good sunday with your family and friend's STAY SAFE (even the family's oF SMITH ENTERPRISE).
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss this?

No beef with Smith.  The two times I have dealt with them have been good experiences.
I was talking about customer service and the attitude that some customers are more important than others.
If he's so busy that he can't even give a tracking number and an ETA that is a bit more specific than " sometime in the next two weeks" then he should not sell to the unwashed civvies and concentrate on his priorities.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss this?

No beef with Smith.  The two times I have dealt with them have been good experiences.
I was talking about customer service and the attitude that some customers are more important than others.
If he's so busy that he can't even give a tracking number and an ETA that is a bit more specific than " sometime in the next two weeks" then he should not sell to the unwashed civvies and concentrate on his priorities.

The warning is right there on the website.

For them some customers are more important. Just like military and LE orders take priority with Colt, Point Blank, Eagle Industries, SOE, HSGI, Lightfighter, and all of the other companies that target military and LE customers.

A $30 dollar order for Smith is barely a drop in the bucket if they have military contracts to keep up with. Their website clearly states that they are happy to sell to you as long as it doesn't interfere with their military orders. If you don't like it, find a company that cares about your business.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you miss this?

The warning is right there on the website.

For them some customers are more important. Just like military and LE orders take priority with Colt, Point Blank, Eagle Industries, SOE, HSGI, Lightfighter, and all of the other companies that target military and LE customers.

A $30 dollar order for Smith is barely a drop in the bucket if they have military contracts to keep up with. Their website clearly states that they are happy to sell to you as long as it doesn't interfere with their military orders. If you don't like it, find a company that cares about your business.

And there you have it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Good point,I agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top