Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT
Anyone here have a Criminal Justice Degree? I would like to join the FBI but I know thats not a sure thing since its hard to get in. What other kind of jobs could I get with a degree in Criminal Justice?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
LE

i'm a criminology major, which is similar but definately not the same thing.  i'm well aware that it's a worthless degree unless i go to law school, but i'm doing the Air Force instead
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
IBTIMDIBTYDBS

(In before the incessant my degree is better than you degree busllshit.)

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
A CJ degree is one of those that is pretty limited.  If you want to be in the FBI right now, get a linguistics degree.......and speak arabic.  Go onto the FBI's website, and they will have what types of people they are currently looking for.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want FBI, get a degree in accounting, computer science etc... a CJ degree is good for local or state LEO and some fed but not the FBI.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a bad choice but from what I've learned over the years, good grades and a college degree are only part of it- you have to score well on their own diagnostic hoops and, of course, have a squeaky clean record.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone here have a Criminal Justice Degree? I would like to join the FBI but I know thats not a sure thing since its hard to get in. What other kind of jobs could I get with a degree in Criminal Justice?

A manager in my office has one.  He joined the NG and got commissioned, now he manages several clinics and health care programs in a hospital, does Army stuff as an infantry major.

My friend got one, became a jail guard.  I dont know what he's doing now, but he was very pleased with his pay and benefits working for Multnomah County in Portland, OR 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]
My cj degree got me just about nothing. A little bit more starting pay and uh, YEP THATS IT :)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've got one and it's pretty much worthless...

Not good to hear
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top