Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2001 7:42:15 AM EDT
I was at a family get together this weekend when I saw that a new relative through marriage had an NRA sticker on his SUV.  Of Course I approached him and we started talking about firearms and the 2nd amendment.  When I started telling him how the current situation is bullshit and that we must keep up the fight to maintain our rights, he started saying that this is the system and you can't change the system... if you make noise, you'll only get trouble for yourself...  I couldn't believe his complacency for the way things are... He kept saying how things are only going to get worse, and that there is nothing we can do about it... I was totally pissed off with his attitude... the NRA is obviously just another neat club for him to belong to, and not a vehicle for fighting for his rights... With weaklings like him, who needs anti-gunners?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
... With weaklings like him, who needs anti-gunners?
View Quote

He "may" be a hopeless sheeple, but perhaps he just needs to be de-programmed. Lots and lots of gun owners don't have a clue. Give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to just believe what I was told about firearms just like your new relative.  I finally was awakened by a friend.  I used to listen to people on the radio say why don't we just ban handguns and think to myself why not.  I have always hunted and owned rifles and shotguns.  But I saw no real use for handguns.  My friend awakened me to the 2nd amendment and my rights and duties as an American.  I now own way more handguns than anything else and would lay my life down to protect my right to own them.  Your new relative just needs his eyes opened.  Nobody likes to have liberty taken away.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
None of the NRA members that I know think like these guys.  I'm one.  Whenever there is a bill in Congress dealing with gun control I write [i]and[/i] call my Rep. and my Senator.

I am on a first name basis with my Rep.  He knows me by name and face (pretty good for a guy who sees tens of thousands of people every year I'd say).  He knows how I feel.

Write and talk to your Reps. and Senators.  Don't just call them to bitch about potential legislation, call them or write them when they do a good job too.  Makes them feel all warm and fuzzy when they get fan mail.  And if they can put kind words and civil person to a certain agenda they are far more likely to stick with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey [b]Scipio[/b]! Leave your new relation alone - we gotta have a few 'Cpl. Uphams' around just to haul the ammo when the SHTF! His SUV will come in right handy!

Work on him, he's inside the 'church', now we just gotta get him baptized with the spirit!

Eric The(IToldYouThisWasAReligionWithMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I've wanted to see "French Fries"
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
OK two points:
1 There are lots of wussy NRA members, but those that are elected only see numbers. ANd numbers scare them.
2 The largest source of armored vehicles and small arms are from the UN trops that give up with no fight. So when they come to get your guns.....thank them for that spiffy new Panhard and extra ammo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top