Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 4:39:20 PM EDT
Just wondering if its a good idea or not, makes tac reloads kinda tuff, but its faster than reaching for mags.

I like it because its cheap, just need some 100mph tape and you simply can grab your rifle and go and you at least have 60 rounds.

Makes it harder to get a low prone position... dirt could get in your mag, but then again this is city.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Not as "ghey" as 3/4ths of your threads.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you from Liberia?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you from Liberia?

only if he puts the tape around his eyes
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just wondering if its a good idea or not, makes tac reloads kinda tuff, but its faster than reaching for mags.

I like it because its cheap, just need some 100mph tape and you simply can grab your rifle and go and you at least have 60 rounds.

Makes it harder to get a low prone position... dirt could get in your mag, but then again this is city.

and if you hit the dirt, you'll bend the lips on your bottom mag and render 30 of those rounds useless.

mag pouches
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you from Liberia?

only if he puts the tape around his eyes

no but i did go to the liberian school of infantry, it was a motherfucker, dont even ask about ranger school!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was jungle taping shit here when you were still sucking on your moms teet
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and this drops your rating from "idiot" to "idiot who is old enough to know better"
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

OMG.......

Now THAT was profoundly funny.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and this drops your rating from "idiot" to "idiot who is old enough to know better"

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey, at least this one wasn't about "women troubles"  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I can't figure out why everyone is ragging on coupling magazines.  Yes, some people hate the 'feel' of it but it boils down to personal preference.  I think they're slick as hell.  

You should not have one magazine down and the other one up.  That makes no sense whatsoever.  They should both be facing the same direction, with the magazine on the right set a little lower to allow shell casings to eject without hitting the top of the magazine.  As you point out, you will get sand and crap in your magazine if you have them pointing in opposite directions and need to get into a prone position.

For AK mags, I use a wooden 'spacer' and tape because the screw-type mag couplers get loose.  This is just my experience FWIW.  

For AR-15 mags, I use the 'one-piece' Israeli style mag holder.  I can't for the life of me find a picture of it right now on the internet, but it doesn't use screws so nothing can get loose.  They used to sell them at Brownell's.  

Anyway, there is nothing ghey about coupling mags.  A retired Navy SEAL who taught one of my carbine courses absolutely loved them.  Again, FWIW.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]
coupling is not a terrible idea at all, the liberia style jungle mag via duct tape on the other hand is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Get a SAMCO/FOBUS magazine clamp and be happy
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Get a fucking Beta and work with mags in pouches after that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Get a SAMCO/FOBUS magazine clamp and be happy

Those are fine, but I think these are the best:

www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17306&title=AR-15+A-15+MAGAZINE+HOLDER

The coupler also protects the base of the magazine which is nice.  I wrap a couple of revolutions of tape around the mags for extra support.  It is pure joy having the right magazine inserted with the the left magazine all loaded up and staring you in the face saying:  "Hey, I'm another 28 (or 30) rounds in case you need me."
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

www.brownells.com/Images/Products/231000164.jpg

www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17306&title=AR-15+A-15+MAGAZINE+HOLDER

The coupler also protects the base of the magazine which is nice.  I wrap a couple of revolutions of tape around the mags for extra support.  It is pure joy having the right magazine inserted with the the left magazine all loaded up and staring you in the face saying:  "Hey, I'm another 28 (or 30) rounds in case you need me."

You would be correct sir.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:34:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.brownells.com/Images/Products/231000164.jpg

You would be correct sir.

Actually, I was pointed to these mag couplers by you, Lumpy196.  You posted a pic of your mag set-up in the mag forum a while back.  I tried it for a couple of carbine courses and I was completely sold.  Even better, I got a bunch of them from Brownell's with a nice C&R discount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top