Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 1:17:35 PM EDT
Economic people on his show and Neil say to throw tax protestors in jail.

Federal income tax is VOLUNTARY!

There is nothing in the tax code that says we "have" to pay federal income tax.

Sure if you don't pay your "voluntary" income tax, you will be punished by the government and have your life wrecked, but for the news and the government to out right LIE is beyond tyranny AGAIN!

Neil and his bunch likened a couple of thousand tax "revolters" to terrorist bombers and militias. Yeah, all militia people are bad.

Just another attempt to demonize non-comformists.

God these idiots piss me off.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The way that guy looks always pissed me off...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
i try not to look.   but i you say so
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So, I guess that means that you did not file this year and that you claimed "EXEMPT" on your W-2?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
i love these "the federal income tax is unconstitutional" the tax is "voluntary" idiots
I suggest you refrain from paying your federal income tax and see what happens- you can be the test case.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, I guess that means that you did not file this year and that you claimed "EXEMPT" on your W-2?

No I pay my taxes, because I know what will happen if I don't.

But they shouldn't lie about how it's set up and demonize people that are speaking from the truth. I may not agree with these tax protestors motives, but they are correct, "federal income tax" is voluntary. There is nothing in the tax code that says you "have" to pay federal income tax. But if you don't you will reap the wrath of the government.

It's like when you "get" volunteered in the military. You didn't raise you hand, but you sure have to do what you are told or get what you have coming. And that's the truth about federal income tax.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But they shouldn't lie about how it's set up and demonize people that are speaking from the truth. I may not agree with these tax protestors motives, but they are correct, "federal income tax" is voluntary. There is nothing in the tax code that says you "have" to pay federal income tax. But if you don't you will reap the wrath of the government.

It's like when you "get" volunteered in the military. You didn't raise you hand, but you sure have to do what you are told or get what you have coming. And that's the truth about federal income tax.

Believe it or not, there are still people that believe the Earth is flat (Flat Earth Society or something)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i love these "the federal income tax is unconstitutional" the tax is "voluntary" idiots
I suggest you refrain from paying your federal income tax and see what happens- you can be the test case.

I'd like you ask you...do you have a CLUE what you are talking about? NOPE!

Federal income tax is voluntary under the current tax code. As for UnConstitutional, it's not UnConstitutional. But under federal law and the tax code, income tax is voluntary tax that is manditory by the government.

Same as the ATF making it's own rules. The IRS is FORCING people to pay a voluntary tax, and you WILL be punished if you don't pay it.

Obviously you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Lippo, you are technically correct in that it is not a criminal offense to fail to pay your federal income tax.  It is a criminal offense to fail to file a return or to file a fraudulent return.  Saying that paying your taxes is voluntary, however, is like saying that paying your mortgage is voluntary.  Sure, you're not going to go to jail for not paying it, but the entity to whom you owe the money is going to get paid.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like you ask you...do you have a CLUE what you are talking about? NOPE!

Federal income tax is voluntary under the current tax code. As for UnConstitutional, it's not UnConstitutional. But under federal law and the tax code, income tax is voluntary tax that is manditory by the government.

Same as the ATF making it's own rules. The IRS is FORCING people to pay a voluntary tax, and you WILL be punished if you don't pay it.

Obviously you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Isn't facing punishment / penalties for noncompliance the very definition of something being NOT voluntary?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lippo, you are technically correct in that it is not a criminal offense to fail to pay your federal income tax.  It is a criminal offense to fail to file a return or to file a fraudulent return.  Saying that paying your taxes is voluntary, however, is like saying that paying your mortgage is voluntary.  Sure, you're not going to go to jail for not paying it, but the entity to whom you owe the money is going to get paid "ONE WAY OR ANOTHER".

There fixed it for you.

Thanks, and you are right, but there is a double standard there within the tax code. Federal income tax is voluntary, however if you fail to file a return, like you said, you are going to jail. So even though the tax code says it's voluntary, it's really not because of the way they set up the rules governing the filing of it. I think you are the only one here seeing the truth of it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Let's see.....
he says it's voluntary and you don't have to pay taxes--but he does anyway.

What kind of screwed up logic is that?

You KNOW you don't have to pay a bill, yet you pay it anyway?

Naw, it's more like this--you've been had by one of those idiots that preaches the "don't pay your taxes" line--but always has the disclaimer that he isn't giving legal advice and that he isn't responsible for telling you not to pay.
Or, you're just a coward.

Nope, the truth is--you should pay your taxes so you will continue to be one step better than the illegals that sap this country dry. otherwise, you should get tossed across the border when they do. After all, if you don't pay taxes--you aren't helping are you? You shouldn't get to drive on tax paid roads, get to call the tax funded fire department, police department, EMS, trauma system, etc. etc.

What a weiner.

pato
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Tagged for interest.

Here's a link to the IRS Code (US Code, Title 26):

www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode26/usc_sup_01_26.html

And the IRS's position on the contention that the tax system is voluntary:

www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=106502,00.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lippo, you are technically correct in that it is not a criminal offense to fail to pay your federal income tax.  It is a criminal offense to fail to file a return or to file a fraudulent return.  Saying that paying your taxes is voluntary, however, is like saying that paying your mortgage is voluntary.  Sure, you're not going to go to jail for not paying it, but the entity to whom you owe the money is going to get paid "ONE WAY OR ANOTHER".

There fixed it for you.

Thanks, and you are right, but there is a double standard there within the tax code. Federal income tax is voluntary, however if you fail to file a return, like you said, you are going to jail. So even though the tax code says it's voluntary, it's really not because of the way they set up the rules governing the filing of it. I think you are the only one here seeing the truth of it.

But that's where you're wrong.  The tax itself is not voluntary.  It is a debt, like any other.  I was simply saying that you will not go to jail for not paying your debt.  You will get sued, however, just like you mortgage company will sue you if you decide to stop paying for your house.

If though, by voluntary you mean that you can just declare that you don't owe any money to the IRS and it is so, I would have to say that you are simply delusional.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Neil Cavuto is such as ass

Best anchor on TV, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Cavuto is normally level headed but quite frankly I'd like to see every single taxed to death American refuse to pay their taxes just to see what our tyrants would do.  

However, I once sat in front of a grand jury about a federal tax evasion issue (not mine) and decided that is one kangaroo court I never want to see again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Roads are payed for by a federal and in some cases a state excise tax on fuel. Your income tax has nothing to do with road construction or maintenance.

Where does the fed tax I pay on alcohol go? What about the tax I pay every time I buy a firearm? What about  tobacco tax?

Amendment XIII
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

In the above amendment to our beloved constitution it clearly states involuntary servitude is forbidden. If anyone told you, you would have to give them X% of your labor or Federal reserve Notes you received in exchange for you God give Mind, Body and Time you would laugh at them. But when .gov says you must, most bend their backs and kiss its feet. But if you read the 13th amendment you would see they can only take what you give voluntarily.

Many of the members of this board have come to realize with the current immigration debacle, that our government cares for us not. If you really want to send them a message, of who is in charge with hold your voluntary income tax payment. There are already hundreds of thousands doing so. And they are the ones on the front. Fighting a tyrannical government.

And yes I stopped paying income tax in 2000. I have fought hard for my right to be free, to exchange my God given Mind, Body and Time for Federal Reserve Notes. To date I am still free and continue to hold all the belongings I started this fight with. If they want to escalate the situation with illegal confiscation it will get violent. Like many here I am sick of watching my country die.

To learn more go to givemeliberty.org/
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then it ain't voluntary.  At least not except in the sense that EVERY action you take consciously is voluntary...as long as you're willing to accept the consequences.  And you're not.  That's the bottom line, isn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top