Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:26:18 PM EDT
It's a beatiful day here in Michigan and I want to do some grilling. I've got a pound of burger sitting here, but I don't want hamburgers. What else can I do with burger on the grill? I know there has to be something.

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
mix in some bread crumb, oregano, an egg, garlic, pepper, chopped onions and some worchestershire sauce, then put it into a hollowed out green pepper.

never tried it personally, but it sure sounds tasty
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you can make ham from hamburger meat
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Cevapcici recipe: (Cheh-vap-chee-chee) From here.

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder

Put all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and knead well to bind the meats and spices together. Refrigerate for about 2 hours and then take out and knead well again.Shape into finger-length shapes (just like small sausages) and cook on a grill or in a broiler over a moderate temperature so that they stay juicy. Turn only once and do not pierce. Serve in warmed or grilled Greek-style pita bread on a bed of onions. Also good with kajmak or sour cream, fresh peppers, ajvar and tomatoes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Hobo stew - old Boy Scout recipe

put 1 pound of log rolled burger  in aluminum foil .

add sliced  onions and sliced potatoes and a 1/4 stick of butter or oleo and season to taste.

roll up the ends of the foil so it won't leak juices into fire, cook for about 45 minutes..

EDIT  Tomislav's recipe sounds great. I'm going to have to get some lamb and pita.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
email it to me, I got the itch for a good burger
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Here is my burger recipe:

1lb ground beef or turkey
1 package Ranch dressing mix
1 cup cheddar cheese

Mix cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix and burger in a bowl. Make into 4 equal sized pattys. Get your charcoal grill ready to go with some water soaked mesquite wood chips in a smoker tray. Cook burgers until done, opening the grill as little as possible to keep the smoke flavor in.

Best burger you will ever have!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 cup cheddar cheese

Mix cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix and burger in a bowl. Make into 4 equal sized pattys. Get your charcoal grill ready to go with some water soaked mesquite wood chips in a smoker tray. Cook burgers until done, opening the grill as little as possible to keep the smoke flavor in.

ummmm NO, email the BURGER, jeeeze
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Just dont let it go bad!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 cup cheddar cheese

On its way! Check your IM's.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
You could make kabob-e kubideh, which is a delicious kabob made from ground beef. Look around for recipes. If you have trouble finding any, it can also be spelled kobeeda, kubida, gobeedeh, and any number of variations.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#11]
bbq pig intistine is always good.  i guess its a asian thing...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon salt

Put all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and knead well to bind the meats and spices together. Refrigerate for about 2 hours and then take out and knead well again.Shape into finger-length shapes (just like small sausages) and cook on a grill or in a broiler over a moderate temperature so that they stay juicy. Turn only once and do not pierce. Serve in warmed or grilled Greek-style pita bread on a bed of onions. Also good with kajmak or sour cream, fresh peppers, ajvar and tomatoes.

What would be a good side with that?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 cup cheddar cheese

On its way! Check your IM's.

Thanks, taste like glass, a little dry

This is what he sent:
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Pineapple rings - 1 per burger.

(Don't laugh until you try it. )
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon salt

Over in that part of the world, 'pomme frite' (french fries, usually thicker-cut like steak fries or cubes), along with onion and some bread, maybe some tomato slices.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
bbq pig intistine is always good.  i guess its a asian thing...

Stuff it with the burger and you've got sausage
---
I've got a killer sausage receipy here - but it is mostly pork and required 4-6 hrs smoking before grilling...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon salt

+1

Frau Quib makes these every so often.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 cup cheddar cheese

wait a second. Are you saying you can make a hamburger from ground beef? What kind of sorceror are you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon salt

Tater Tots, Salad and Tzatziki

I don't have Frau Quibs recipe for tzatziki, but here is one off the web. She uses sour cream instead of yogurt.

www.theworldwidegourmet.com/countries/greece/tatziki.htm
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 cup cheddar cheese

wait a second. Are you saying you can make a hamburger from ground beef? What kind of sorceror are you?

You're confusing me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top