Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 9:30:11 AM EDT
A LOT of Alumns reportedly had a FIT when they heard, and the end result is the stupid student senate lost.  There will be a memorial to the 5 UW alumns who were awarded the CMH, Pappy Boyington being one of them.

I was, as I am sure many of you were, incredibly pissed off at this.  Boyington was a boyhood hero of mine, and the idea that these protestard student "leaders" would dishonor the memory of no less than FIVE CMH stories of honor and courage, and the men who received the awards, made me see red.  It was very difficult to maintain composure when I spoke with powers that be at the school, but several of them were visibly angry as well so it was clear this was a case where the student senate had finally tried that last straw.  I am not a UW alumn, but the ones I know and spoke with were not sitting back on this one, especially the WWII vets.

If this is a dupe, sorry.  Since my membership expired I can't search General, but I did go 8 pages back into the forum looking for Pappy and Boyington and not find anything.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]
So what are they doing to honor them?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Not alumn, alumnus (sing.) and alumni (pl.).

I don't know precisely who Pappy Boyington is, but it's great that they're building a memorial to honor soldiers who performed valiantly and selflessly enough to win the CMH.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not alumn, alumnus (sing.) and alumni (pl.).

I don't know precisely who Pappy Boyington is, but it's great that they're building a memorial to honor soldiers who performed valiantly and selflessly enough to win the CMH.

Look up VMF-214 Blacksheep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top