Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:28:29 AM EDT
Bail set at $55K?  What the hell was the judge thinking?  She should NEVER get out.

HH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coffeeville Teacher accused of student sex and murder plot
Last Update: 4/13/2006 10:48:37 PM

Watch this story

(COFFEEVILLE, Alabama) April 13 - A Coffeeville High School teacher is arrested and charged with having sex with several students.  She also allegedly tried to involve one of those students in a plot of murder.

Coffeeville High School teacher 30-year-old Sharon Linton Rutherford, is arrested Tuesday by law officers in Clarke County. "There was a plan that this teacher possibly wanted to kill her husband," says Clarke County Sheriff's Detective, Ron Baggett.

Investigators say two of the sexually molested victims were under the age of 16 and the investigation continues to see if any more students were involved.

Chief Deputy Donnie Arnold explains the charges against Rutherford:  "Solicitation of murder, first-degree rape, 2 counts of enticing a child to enter a vehicle or room, sexual abuse second degree. The matter will continue to be investigated," says Arnold.

School officials say Rutherford was placed on administrative leave from her position as an English teacher until the case is complete.  "She won't be back teaching our students," says Clarke County Superintendent, Gerald Stephens.

Meantime, some of her students remain in disbelief.  "She was a real good teacher. I was really surprised when I heard the news, but I didn't believe them," says Coffeeville High School Student, Emily Gilmore.

The first accusation came against the teacher in 2004, but school officials say they had little proof to go on . Recently, one of the students came to the school principal with information, which sparked the latest investigation.

For now, Rutherford remains in the Clarke County Jail with her bond set at $55,000.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#1]

dupe.  And why... why, did ythis one have to be in AL
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The husband was quoted, "she never wanted me daid when we wuz just brother an sister".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top