Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:02:03 AM EDT
I updated an earlier thread on my C&R license I sent to these idiots in Nov 05, I have the cashed check to prove it, I even spoke to the woman handling the application and she responded like she never heard of me or the application and then an epiphany happened and she said she would get back to me !!  What a crock of shit, these people are wasting our money, I've called 6 or 7 times already.... No wonder everyone hates the B A T F !!!

J
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#1]
BATF is a waste of tax dollars.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Surprise!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Sent in FFL application Feb 1, nothing to date.  I must say I am impressed...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BATF is a waste of tax dollars.

BATF is a waste of air!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I must have been lucky or someone there likes me because I got my C&R in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I must have been lucky or someone there likes me because I got my C&R in 3 weeks.

I've been resisting the urge to get a C&R simply because I know it will suck all of the money out of my savings account.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Pardon the ignorance, but what does C&R mean and what use is it?

ETA:  WHOOOOOP! '98 (post count)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]
C&R = Curios and Relics

Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

(a) Firearms that were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

(b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

(c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

A C&R license allows someone to purchase rifles, pistols, shotguns and machine guns that are on the ATF C&R list.   Here is the web page that lists all of the C&R eligible weapons:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds similar to my experience. Their excuse in my situation was that the examiner was 'away' and they didnt know when she'd be back. To their credit though her supervisor became involved and made sure the application was completed. If I hadnt called the app would probably still be utstanding to this day. It took me 3 calls to make contact w/ the correct super who called me back promptly. I explained the situation and about a hour later she called back and said the FFL would be mailed out that day.

ETA: I think theres little incentive for ATF employees to perform well. As such it all depends on the employee's sense of committement to the job and 'customer'...or their desire to let you know who's boss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top