Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 7:44:17 AM EDT
Watching Fox , can our agents carry a AR or some other type of rifle.?
Every time I see tapes they all have just handguns.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the details, but I know that they do sometimes carry more than just pistols. Border Patrol (CBP?) shoots at the gun club I belong to, and I see them practice with shotguns and M4-geries.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Some of the BPAs have REAL M4s and shotties.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know the details, but I know that they do sometimes carry more than just pistols. Border Patrol (CBP?) shoots at the gun club I belong to, and I see them practice with shotguns and M4-geries.

I guess they must have some in their armory, but as crazy and dangerous this job
has become  it should be issue and carry. I don't think they would mind
if they carried a M4. but I could be wrong

Just never saw a clip with them carrying one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Several years ago I met Sand_Pirate at a range.

He had some cool toys.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Watching Fox , can our agents carry a AR or some other type of rifle.?
Every time I see tapes they all have just handguns.

Yes, BP's have access to long arms.  Real M4's with the happy switch and police 870's are the standard.  However their are variations, some positive, some negative.  Most have an automatic rifle or SMG in some form or another accessable to all who want to carry one.  A huge obstacle they face is trying to avoid the image of appearing like a military force.  So, you will rarely see one carrying such a weapon in the media.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Several years ago I met Sand_Pirate at a range.

He had some cool toys.  

He has access to some of the coolest...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I guess they must have some in their armory

I don't think the M4 is a pool weapon.  At least with the Agent I talked to.  She kept calling it "my M4".

Maybe the shotguns, but I'm pretty sure the M4s aren't for obvious reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top