Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 6:26:06 AM EDT

This touched me so I thought I might share.  It's been rough lately and it's nice to see someone else out there who understands.  I won't go into the details of the hardships that this woman has had to endure over the past handful of years, but to see this obedience and the Work in her life, is humbling and encouraging:

"This morning, THE LORD awoke me early. I knew it was Him because it was a gentle, but exciting awakening. I said Good Morning to Him and walked into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. The dawn was just beginning to give light. The blooms of the Dogwood tree in our back yard seemed to illuminate light to the rest of the yard. How beautiful to look at first thing in the morning! The Peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:6-7) consumed me this morning, and I longed to feel it always. I wondered why I don't always feel this supernatural Peace. God gave the answer through a sermon on the television a few moments later, and I wanted to share what I got out of it with you. Today is the day our Lord and Savior is remembered for being nailed to the cross. Today we are thankful for what our Lord and Savior did for us. But I have missed the true meaning of it, and what is required of us to remain steadfast.

See, I have always been happy to know my sins were nailed to that cross. But I never fully realized that it isn't just my sins that go on the cross. It is also   ME  who needs to be nailed to that cross. It is how one stays grounded in The Word. The only way to keep from being tossed to and fro by the waves of turmoil this present world delivers.

Hanging by a Nail was the sermon. Letting me know I best stay attached to the Cross, "for if we die with Him, we also shall live with Him" This morning I realized at that Cross is The Peace that Passes Understanding. As long as we stay connected to the Cross, we have our feet on solid ground. Often we get caught so  up in "Doing"  the things of the day, busy with living our life, even doing the Lord's work. Before we know it, we are troubled, the Devil has set obstacles in our way, and we are trying to climb over them, when all we really should do is go back to the Cross.

I don't feel i am giving justice to the revelation I received today, but perhaps it was only for me. Just wanted to share.  Love, Deb"

"He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top