Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 5:03:02 AM EDT
A couple of hundred students skipped school the other day because of problems with teen gangs at a high school in a nice Trenton NJ suburb.

Seems funny, when my wife went there 15 years ago, this sort of thing was virtually unheard of.

Hmmm.....  I wonder what happened to the area?

See if you can guess.    
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#1]
"Urban youths"?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm moving out to farmland.  Fuck it.

I'm fairly sure it'll never morph into the ghetto.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Schools are run by hand-wringing, sniveling liberal administrators who are unwiling to kick asses when it's needed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
"Celebrate Diversity"?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Celebrate Diversity"?

+1

and enjoy meth while youre at it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
They are just building the gangs that the Americans won't build for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I was surprised to learn that there are "crips" and "bloods" in Edgewood, Md now.  It was never really a very nice town, but at least you didn't have to worry about being killed as a part of some initiation stunt. Too bad that, once you know you're dealing with one of them, you can't just administer a lead injection to the forehead on the spot. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before MS13 arrives to take over the "turf".

+1 on living in the sticks. Even my 91 year old dad, who has lived in the same house since he built it in 1951, is considering moving. Before all the new "residents" began killing people, he would have never even discussed moving.

Gang bangers must fucking die.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Did the students skip school because they are all gang members, or as a protest because they were scared of gang activity?

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Fifteen years ago Jersey didn't really have any gang nonsence. The Godz or 5%er's or what ever they called themselves. And thats about it. Trenton was always a rough place. My father was a cop there in the 70's. I hung out at City Garden in the 80's and early 90's. You had to watch your back. But compared to other areas. It wasn't that bad.
Now it's a warzone. There's gang activity all over the state. And it's growing and becoming more violent.

Ms13, A.L.K.Q.N., NETA, 18th Street gang, B.G.D., Crips, and Bloods.
Plus all the standard scooter trash gangs. And whatever ,s are around this week.
Have all made a home in Jersey
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did the students skip school because they are all gang members, or as a protest because they were scared of gang activity?

scared, the gangs are fucking with people

we're talking about hamilton, NJ.

right now it's a NICE extremely extremely extremely expensive area.

in 10 years it will be an urbanized shithole

i hope the people who live there will be pleased with their home resale value

gosh, aren't we just awful?  we should be celebrating diversity
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't worry about gang violence. Just remember to wear your seatbelt, Click it or ticket.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Don't worry about gang violence. Just remember to wear your seatbelt, Click it or ticket.

easier said than done
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#13]
The high school my dad graduated from in 1950 produced famous actors, doctors, scientists, corporate presidents.  And they were all dirt poor.  My dad said no one in high school owned a car, and several graduates died in the Korea War.  Today the high school is about the worst in the state, and in the middle of a drug and violence infested 'hood.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#14]
The mob left town .
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Give teachers umps to carry under their blouses.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

And with you and everyone else moving there, it wont stay farmland long unless the majority of property gets set aside in some sort of nature conservancy that prohibits further development.
You really think that everyone who has ever fled any urban area expected that the problems would follow them?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]
They are just a bunch of mischievious little raskels.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Fifteen years ago Jersey didn't really have any gang nonsence. The Godz or 5%er's or what ever they called themselves. And thats about it. Trenton was always a rough place. My father was a cop there in the 70's. I hung out at City Garden in the 80's and early 90's. You had to watch your back. But compared to other areas. It wasn't that bad.
Now it's a warzone. There's gang activity all over the state. And it's growing and becoming more violent.

Plus all the standard scooter trash gangs. And whatever ,s are around this week.

What does 88 stand for again?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And with you and everyone else moving there, it wont stay farmland long unless the majority of property gets set aside in some sort of nature conservancy that prohibits further development.
You really think that everyone who has ever fled any urban area expected that the problems would follow them?

BIG + 1

Nothing personal, but this logic is fucking retarded. It is a short term solution to a long term problem that WILL in fact, creep up. Instead of spending all that energy packing up and running, think about the possibilities if enough of you got together.  When I was young "white flight" was in its final stages. The Cities were long abandoned in place of the adjacent suburbs, and then the adjacent suburbs were abandoned for those a couple neighborhoods away from the city. I recall at 4 or 5 my parents leaving one such suburb for one even further away. Ten years prior, the Italians said ain't gonna happen these fucking $%@@#&s aren't going to set foot in the neighborhood. It got alot of coverage and that brewed up a shitstorm of controversy. The unwelcome folk came enmass to "protest". The Itallians were armed and weren't about to take any shit. A few protestors were shot to death and there was at least one lynching. Little italy is the ONLY ethnic neighborhood that abuts that side of the city to this day that retained its original ethnic composition.

I won't pass judgment on that story being morally right or not and I will be the first to tell you that kind of situation wouldn't cut any ice in society today, but I use it as an example about what resolve can do about neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. My family left  alphabet city in NYC. Then they left East Orange NJ. And so on.
Things can change. Hell, now they call abcity the "East Village" and it's just plain nice. It wasn't that long ago it looked like post war Berlin.
Ocean Grone NJ resurrected itself before it went completely down the shitter. And look whats happening in Asbury Park.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#21]
It's still the only realistic solution that I can see if I don't want to live surrounded by human trash.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

8th letter in the alphabet.  HH
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In this text. White power skinheads. Jersey has a long, strong history of them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#24]
let's not get all fruity here

skinheads = tiny, almost non existent problem

"multicultural" gangs = giant menace destroying our society

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
let's not get all fruity here

skinheads = tiny, almost non existent problem

"multicultural" gangs = giant menace destroying our society

Agreed. I was simply answering a question. And stating a fact.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Time to call this guy...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top