User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2001 3:54:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody's gonna win... Just not YOU![;D]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
When the California Lottery was at an all time high a couple of months ago I spent a couple of hundred (futile) dollars. When the news said that *a* Bay Area person had won the Jackpot my friggin heart jumped and when they said it was someone in San Jose I felt the loss of serious money for a blue collar worker. Turns out it was someone from SO. CAl on vacation in San Jose.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
.... its about the only way that the government is gonna get any money out of the bunch that otherwise would pay no taxes.
View Quote

Good Point!  Now, if we could just get the government to do something constructive with the money.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
The lottery is gambling/taxes for the mathematically challenged.  You would have a better chance getting hit by lightning will catching a fired bullet in your teeth than winning the lottery.  Plus, the mney does not got to the schools, it just garanteed that the budgeted amount would not decrease.

The true people that make money from the lottery are the administrators and the equipement manufactors.

sgtar15

PS. alexanderredhook--[b]A couple of hundred dollars!?!?!  Damn yet help man!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Garand- I am all for the lotto for NC...you ever notice how that 30/30 or 270 deer gun goes up for sale on monday after a weekend lotto binge....fall of the year sell it back to em...
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#7]
sgtar15, it was over the course of a few months and I haven't played since.

Heh, The back of California Sratch-it's have the number for the gambling hot line
1-888-277-3115.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I play every so often (tri-state megabucks, not powerball), but it's only a 1 or 2 dollar ticket. The odds of winning are such that buying 1000 tickets won't give you an appreciably better chance than buying just 1, after all. I just have this dream of buying everything on the Snap-on truck! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:02:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Take the same amount of money you spend each week on Lotto tickets and invest it in somethig. Anything, it almost doesn't matter what, will give you a better return than Lotto.

Put some money away each week into something that will grow and you will be richer than the Lotto will ever make you.

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:17:52 AM EDT
[#10]
JUST DONT PLAY! BUY AMMO INSTEAD!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not wasting my $1.00 on a lousy 10 or 12 million,it has to be at least 30! Now if you will excuse me, I'm late to my job at Hardee's
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
The lure of easy money!........[bounce]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't play as much as a used to, which wasn't much anyway. I always try to buy one lottery ticket when the jackpot goes above 50 or 60 million. Because no matter how long the odds are with one ticket, you have absolutely no chance if you don't buy any tickets. I can spare the one dollar.

Of all the years I've been buying lottery tickets, I probably spent no more than $200-$250. I've won over $3500.

My semi-retired parents play slots and buy lottery tickets for fun. They don't do it as an investment, they do it because they like to. Even though they don't keep track of whether they are ahead or behind, at least a couple times a month I hear 'dad won $800 yesterday' or 'mom won $600 last week'

Besides, do you know how much ammo I could have bought if I won powerball yesterday? I'd have to get a bunch of full auto guns just to burn through it all!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
.... its about the only way that the government is gonna get any money out of the bunch that otherwise would pay no taxes.
View Quote

Good Point!  Now, if we could just get the government to do something constructive with the money.
View Quote

is this why gov repaves/repar's roads that don't
need repared/repaved?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#16]
It is my destiny to win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top