Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/13/2006 7:00:37 PM EDT
I had just got done with a delivery and was on my way home.  I was speaking to an ultrasound tech on the cell.  I guess I was a little faster then I should have been.

LEO: Hello

ARDOCs dome light is on and hands are on the wheel.  Paperwork including CCW is out for LEO to see.

ARDOC: Hello, Officer, I apologize but I was speaking with the hospital and didnt realize how fast I was going.

LEO: Oh, you work at the hospital?

ARDOC: Yes, just delivered a baby.

LEO: Have a nice night and slow down.

ARDOC:  Thank you Officer.

NO TICKET, called my antiauthoritarian buddy who always gets a ticket to rub it in.

60 in a 40 by the way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard from some LEOs that they almost never give Dr's a ticket, unless they're doing something really stupid.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had just got done with a delivery and was on my way home.  I was speaking to an ultrasound tech on the cell.  I guess I was a little faster then I should have been.

ARDOCs dome light is on and hands are on the wheel.  Paperwork including CCW is out for LEO to see.

ARDOC: Hello, Officer, I apologize but I was speaking with the hospital and didnt realize how fast I was going.

NO TICKET, called my antiauthoritarian buddy who always gets a ticket to rub it in.

60 in a 40 by the way.

Is ARDOC's dog okay?

Glad it all turned out okay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Officer was very polite and professional.  No dogs were shot and ARDOC dodged another one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
nicely done, and even your dog made it out ok!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
From now on, I'm a doctor when I get pulled over.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They will sometimes call the hospital to make sure you are on a call or have a legitimate excuse.  Its funny because the nurses will cover for you if the LEOs call.  They will say you have a lady in labor.

But the truth and respectfulness will set you free.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I've had a habit of not writing Docs and Nurses unless they are doing something REALLY ridiculous.  I think it just comes back to the whole idea that I (or a buddy of mine) might be laying on that table in an emergency and I don't want the Doc pissed off at cops because he got a ticket that night or something.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool, DOC...just the way it should have turned out.  

(This is from a former LEO)

HH
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe someday that doctor will be pulling a bullet out of my chest.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Cheater!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

You touched all that goopy stuff? Who cleans off the kid?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If you look like this.....

I won't believe you.

I extend courtesy to doctors/nurses/emts also, provided they don't give me no lip.  Heck, all of my traffic stops start off as warnings.  It's amazing how some drivers will talk themselves into a ticket or two.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#14]
On a related note:

I used to do alot of work for the Modesto, CA PD (computer stuff). Now and then as I was wandering around the building, an officer would stop me and ask me what I was doing. I used to explain in detail why I was there, what I was doing, who authorized me, etc. It got old after a while, so I stretched the truth a little:

"I'm working on the servers that handle payroll."
"Have a nice day sir."

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

images5.theimagehosting.com/OPPLOOTER.341.jpg

I won't believe you.

I extend courtesy to doctors/nurses/emts also, provided they don't give me no lip.  Heck, all of my traffic stops start off as warnings.  It's amazing how some drivers will talk themselves into a ticket or two.

Close...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

HAHA!! double tap
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Pulling the old "Doc on the way home from the hospital" routine.  Shameless!

Good goin', BTW. <Snip>

I tried that once way back years ago.  It worked great for a couple of minutes, but I think the "being falling down drunk" part kind of gave it away.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

images5.theimagehosting.com/OPPLOOTER.341.jpg</a>

I won't believe you.

Close...

alan.strawinski.net/images/misc/DSCN0831-WEB.JPG

Not close dude.  I don't see the crate ole beers.    Where did you get the t-shirt?  That's pretty neat.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't believe you.

Close...

Not close dude.  I don't see the crate ole beers.    Where did you get the t-shirt?  That's pretty neat.

It's been popular around a few departments.

International Imports in California. I bought two, since they're REALLY difficult to find.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Is it just me, or does ARDOC tend to get pulled over a shitload?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is it just me, or does ARDOC tend to get pulled over a shitload?

If I had a get out of jail free card, I wouldn't drive as slow as I do...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#23]
that guy in the tweaker shirt LOOKS like a tweaker!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
that guy in the tweaker shirt LOOKS like a tweaker!

Dude, no way. I look like a drunk stoner.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#25]
life just isn't fair.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

60 in a 40 by the way.

So you think it's OK to not get a speeding ticket because you deliver babies?
Me too, good going Doc.
My family member shield does it for me.
Anyway you can beat a ticket is OK

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Shame on you Doc. That's like flashing tin. You cheated. Take that.  TT
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yeah, I've had a habit of not writing Docs and Nurses unless they are doing something REALLY ridiculous.  I think it just comes back to the whole idea that I (or a buddy of mine) might be laying on that table in an emergency and I don't want the Doc pissed off at cops because he got a ticket that night or something.

Yep. I had an ER nurse tell me she hoped I got shot and brought into her ER after i arrested her son for stealing a cancer patients IPOD and Rx meds.

I reported her to the California board of nursing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

images5.theimagehosting.com/OPPLOOTER.341.jpg

I won't believe you.

That's the way I approach being pulled over. I try to assume Im getting a warning unless I give a reason to be punished  severely....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Had a fellow resident get off twice while I was at Cook Co.   She was moving a bit fast.  Told the officer she had been called in...(true in one case, not in the other).  He asked where, and she said "Cook".  Officer told her to be careful.  

Not the most pleasant place to work, but it got a lot of the traumas.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Slick use of the "hospital" card.    

Win-win all the way around.  The cop got to enjoy his godlike power.  You got to enjoy your exempt status.

You get to keep the spoils of your hard labor.      

The dog survives.  All is well with the world.   You beat the system.  Congrats.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. I had an ER nurse tell me she hoped I got shot and brought into her ER after i arrested her son for stealing a cancer patients IPOD and Rx meds.

I reported her to the California board of nursing.

Hell ya.  She needed to get reported.  

That is uncalled for and is actually unlawful as well.

I have helped more then one LEO for various things.  Occasionally they will ask me for a favor and its all good unless they want drugs or something like that.  But I had one guy who was pissing razorblades.  His partner was laughing his ass off.  I gave him some antibiotics an got a friend for life.

I have been pulled over probably 7-9 times in the last year.  All legit on the way to the hospital for emergencies and deliveries.  No tickets.  

1 ticket for speeding on vacation.  But the State Trooper, told me go to court on this day.  I asked why and he said he was going on vacation.

But we had one local LEO get shot multiple times with a 10/22 while giving a lady a ticket.  The badguy pulled up behind the cruiser and opened up on the LEO.  The LEO had his vest on so no lethal hits but he was hit at least 7 times.  We operated on him for a while.   This was couple of years ago and he still hasnt been able to go back to work.

The badguy chases the LEO into a high school parking lot and keeps shooting.  The PD is only a few blocks away and the lady the LEO had pulled over called 911.   Every LEO from every city nearby responded.  Badguy was shot multiple times with an MP5 and a Benelli M1.  He didnt make it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I woulda drew down on you and your doggie!!!! muahahahahaaha

just kidding good job.  i'm sure it made his night not having to deal with just another jackass
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like medical malpractice attorneys more and more each day. I shall vote no on malpractice "reform".

Docs can pay the premiums with their savings on tickets and car insurance.

Above the law behavior isn't cool. It is downright un-American.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I like medical malpractice attorneys more and more each day. I shall vote no on malpractice "reform".

Docs can pay the premiums with their savings on tickets and car insurance.

Above the law behavior isn't cool. It is downright un-American.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Just delivered a baby... yeah... I will have to remember that one the next time I get pulled over for speeding while covered in blood.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Just delivered a baby... yeah... I will have to remember that one the next time I get pulled over for speeding while covered in blood.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder if I can get out of a ticket if I think I've just CONCEIVED a baby.

Cop doesn't have to know I had a vasectomy
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't believe you.

Close...

Wow, I want a shirt like that. Where did you get it?

As to the topic....see we are not all that bad now are we?

As stated above, they almost always start off as warnings unless a Darwin award candidate is at the wheel.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't believe you.

Close...

Wow, I want a shirt like that. Where did you get it?

As to the topic....see we are not all that bad now are we?

As stated above, they almost always start off as warnings unless a Darwin award candidate is at the wheel.

International Imports in Modesto, California. They're really difficult to find, so I bought two. I've seen ONE other guy wearing one and he said he bought it in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:15:24 AM EDT
[#44]
The shirts on are on ebay as well...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:20:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The shirts on are on ebay as well...

Now let's not ALL buy them, mmkay? It's not cool when everybody wears them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:03:36 AM EDT
[#46]
How many times have you been stopped?

ETA: Never mind. Saw another post.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:08:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Good for you Doc, if anybody deserves a break its you guys.  I love my WA drivers license, the expiration date says "military".  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

But the truth and respectfulness will set you free.

That's horse shit.

I am always respectful.  I always say sir, no sir.  I always keep my hands on the wheel.  I do everything you say in your post, sans being a doctor.

I get pulled over once a month.  I get ticketed 50 percent of the time.  Usually bullshit stuff.  Fishing expeditions by cops.  I drive a 77 lincoln continental.   I couldn't speed if I wanted to.  

Some things I get pulled over for:

I "barely signaled" when merging.

Officer wondered what I was doing on Bainbridge Island at night.  (I was scouting for the golf course I was going to have to be at at 6am, because I had never been there before).

Waiting outside my place of employment, waiting to go to work.  (gate was closed, because I'm the first guy there everyday.  Cops shine lights in my eyes, ask me what I'm doing, etc.

Cops pulled me over from in front of me.  Reached out the window and pointed over his roof for me to pull over while eye fucking me through the mirror.   Looks around my car, feels me out, and gives me a ticket for no seatbelt.

Etc.

I am always courteous, and still get phooked.  I am convinced it is a conspiracy involving bush, ardoc, and reverand Al Sharpton.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It sounds like you are a lot like the Pa State LEO's around here - a good thing.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I said the same thing over at the caranddriver.com forum a couple of years ago and did it EVER set off a firestorm of protest! I think it still gets mentioned there from time to time. Guess the hardcore speeders are pissed off that anyone gets a break.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top