Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 6:48:45 PM EDT
You move to a western country, live by their rules...otherwise Go Home!   Take your barbaric attitudes back to the stone age where they belong.

This shit is just beyond belief.....

oh,  I know,  I'm not being sensitive to differences in culture

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Germany-Honor-Killing.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

BERLIN (AP) -- A court convicted a young Turkish man Thursday of murdering his sister in what prosecutors described as an ''honor killing'' meant to punish the woman for her Western lifestyle.

Ayhan Surucu, who was 18 at the time of the February 2005 fatal shooting of his sister, Hatun, was sentenced as a juvenile to nine years and three months in prison. Now 20, he had faced a maximum 10-year sentence.

The court acquitted his two older brothers who had also been charged with murder.

Hatun Surucu, a 23-year-old divorced mother, was killed by three shots to her head on a Berlin street.

The case outraged Germans and brought to light the problem of ''honor killings'' among the nation's 2.6 million Turkish residents. The killings are typically committed by men against female relatives, usually over suspected sexual misconduct, to preserve family honor.

Berlin's top security official, Ehrhart Koerting, said the court case was a step toward cementing a ''change in mentality'' in the fight against domestic violence.

Hatun Surucu was a German citizen, born and raised in Berlin. In 1998, she was forced to return to Turkey to marry a cousin. A year later, she gave birth to a son in Berlin and refused to return with her husband to Turkey, prosecutors said.

She and her son then moved out of her parents' home against their will and continued her studies, starting an apprenticeship as an electrician, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors argued at the start of the state court trial that her brothers lured her to a bus stop with the intent of killing her because they were ashamed of her Western lifestyle.

During the proceedings, Ayhan Surucu admitted to the murder, saying he regretted the act while insisting his two older brothers were not involved.

''I killed my sister,'' he said in a statement read out to the court by his attorney.

As the trial concluded, Surucu was still coming to grips with what he had done.

''I wish it hadn't happened,'' he told the court. ''I'm sorry.''

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Note to self: if planning a murder, lure victim to Germany. If I wanted somebody dead badly enough to actually plan and carry out a murder, I could do 10 years for it in a matchbox. What a farce!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking barbarians
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Tony Blair calls them "Per-Fuedal"  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
One more sign on how fucked up the world really is
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually the Enlightened ones send there Honor killees back to the middle east where they are murdered. The they face no time at all for there fucked up beliefs and morals
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]
How can you punish someone after they are dead. He has only punished himself. Idiot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top