User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2001 9:48:32 PM EDT
Follow the link to post:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=45331[/url]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Delta Force Land Warrior.  Addicted to playing on Novaworld, even though NW sucks most of the time.  The servers are down quite a bit, even tonite I went to play and there were only a few games running.  May go back later and play public games.

I play all the other TFPS games but DF for me is the best. Love the war thing and open battlefields more than the hostage rescue thing.  Ghost recon may change that though.

I would love to play Operation Flashpoint but that is a computer upgrade away. Damn P3500 can do everything I want it to but play the new games I want.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Counter-strike

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Counter-strike

[beer]
View Quote

Ditto.

[i][AR15.com]Jewbroni[/i]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Texas- Holdum and Lo-Ball, Joker is
wild for aces, straights, and flushes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Firearms mod for halflife.

I find it to be a better community than the CounterStrike community.   That and Firearms has more types of game play within one map than CounterStrike seems to have, CS started to get awful lame after the maps developed an overwhelmingly predictable mode of play and after both the community and the cheats got totally unbearable.

I occasionally play LandWarrior but like previously stated, NOVALOGIC SUCKS!   Used to love DF2 and took well to LandWarrior until all the same old Nova crap started over again, Nova refuses to put new maps up on their public servers and no matter if it's been 5 months or 5 years they will run the same old boring maps, the awful thing about it is that LandWarrior is one of the easiest games to create maps for and the least Novalogic could do is give their customers a little variety by switching things up a bit every 3-4 months.    The private games are usually better in terms of map design and players, occasionally I'll host a few games of LandWarrior.

Firearms for Halflife is pretty cool though when you get into some of the better servers.   It's the one I play most, no question about it.   Graphics aren't the greatest but the game play is pretty decent.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
uglygun- If you ever host a private game shoot me an email.  Weekend nights are best for me but I can always try to make time.  I'm on cable as well so hopefully that will help with the other NW problem, LAG.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Halflife, Quake, Unreal, Rogue Spear, and Deus Ex. Of all these I like Deus Ex and Rogue sper the most. Both of them allow more strategy and less run and gun. Rogue Spear and the Urban Operations expansion are excellent, they are probably the most realistic of the games i've seen.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
CS and only CS. Have played Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear in the past....OWNED! By the way, I really dig Jewbroni's Manga signatures....go you nutty Jew, LOL...
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CS and only CS. Have played Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear in the past....OWNED! By the way, I really dig Jewbroni's Manga signatures....go you nutty Jew, LOL...
View Quote

Pretty much exactly what I've progressed through.  I got counterstrike beta 5 about a week or 2 after getting rogue spear (played rainbow 6 for a LONG TIME before that).

Once I played Counterstrike, there was no going back to Rainbow or Rogue Spear.  Best damn free mod ever!!!!!!

Been playing it for probably a year now. . . and still play it like an addict pulls the slot machine lever!

later,
Steven L.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Counter Strike but thinkin about playin Delta Force Land Warrior again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Counter Strike but thinkin about playin Delta Force Land Warrior again.
View Quote

Same here.  Was once into LW then got into CS.  I wouldnt mind hitting the servers in CS and LW with you guys.

How bout we start an [AR15] clan ?!?!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I play DF3, I think.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:47:11 AM EDT
[#13]
DF3 = Delta Force Land Warrior = DFLW = LW
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL [ARF]? or how about *AR* or maybe *SC* Stoners Crew. im in!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#15]
max payne!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to play Rogue Spear, but Jagged Alliance is my all time favorite. Hitman 47 was pretty cool game as far as action goes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Unreal - G.O.T.Y. Edition.

Chess & Risk are Fun too!

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#18]
CS!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Playing Operation Flashpoint, so far in single player mode.

But as soon as the US release and dedicated server support arrives I will play this puppy online.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#20]
RS Urban Ops
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#24]
That is an excellent point Ratters, Novaworld is more like Nova island in the middle of the freekin' Pacific. I used to play DF2 online and as soon as I got my cable modem I went to try it out on DF3 and, of course, the damn servers were down. Found a couple of public games though and, man, does that game rock with a good connection! I usually hook up with the BOTAs whenever I can find them. I know the guy that started the team and I lend them fire support whenever I see them.

I liked CS OK, but there's just something about running around with a SAW that is just damn addictive....

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I used to play Rogue Spear, but Jagged Alliance is my all time favorite. Hitman 47 was pretty cool game as far as action goes.
View Quote

I was just thinking along the multiplayer aspect, but Jagged Alliance (II) is [b]GREAT!![/b]  I was and still am completely hooked on this series of games, and not a week goes by when I don't think "When the hell is JA3 going to come out already??"  Trust me, when it hits the shelf, I'm spending my 60 bucks that very day and having a field day with that game.

Oh, and CPL_Punishment, we already do have an [AR15.com] clan (at least in Counter-Strike).  It just seems that not too many people use it, but I keep the tag on there at time.

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/mountain jew.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#28]
fire-arms and day of defeat are the games i play, i find that its really hard finding mature people on public servers lately,also FA and DOD dont have that pos hitbox problem that cs has, where unload 30rnds into a guy, see blood spraying out and he has 100 health and kills you
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree with Goatboy re. the attraction of R6 & Rogue Spear. The best part of those games were always the mission planning stage in single-player. The gameplay puckered my sphincter every time... For me, half the fun in CS is the custom maps, guns, & player models. Some of those 13-year olds can REALLY model!!! You gotta really get on a server that rotates custom maps. The boys at tardhauze.org are really good about that. Tell me CS ain't supreme after playing Predator, Torn, Survivor, Museum, the list goes on....If we can get a west coast server goin', I'm there, under "kay parker"...mmm, kay.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#30]
OK, just been to the UT site & saw more screens. I still think CS has better texture on the maps, especially the custom ones. BTW, anyone else read the preview on Doom III at gamespot? Sounds great.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the mods they make for Unreal Tournament, one is called Tactical Ops I think and I forget the name of the other one but the games look very nice with all respects but I hear the game play can get a bit tedious until you learn all the key commands.   One of them requires the shooter to use the iron sights rather than use a little on screen crosshair.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I play DF2 a lot. See me mostly in Nova's Bazookas game. SN is Mr.Clark.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#33]
I quit playing CS... to many lame ass kids cheating.

I have beed playing DOD since it came out.... fun game. I like playing light infantry for the allies!

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Computer Games
I played CS a lot but I've bailed because there are too many llamas (teenagers & cheaters).  

I've been playing DoD recently but since it's based on the half-life engine (same as CS) it is exposed to the same hacks.

I've gotten tired of most of the Real-Time Strategy games (warcraft, starcraft, etc) but I'm waiting impatiently for Empire Earth (Sierra) that's supposed to come before Christmas.

Board Games
Lots of these games, but my favorites are Axis & Allies (original, europe, and pacific), Battle Cry (American Civil War), Breakout: Normandy, and Storm over Arnhem.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I liked CS OK, but there's just something about running around with a SAW that is just damn addictive....

View Quote

That is one thing that really bugs me about DF3. How many people could realistically run and CONTINUOUSLY HOP AROUND for 15+ minutes with a 15lb rifle, 600 rounds and another 25+ lbs of supplemental weapons of ammo. Not to mention at the same time hitting moving targets 50+ yards away.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Oh, and CPL_Punishment, we already do have an [AR15.com] clan (at least in Counter-Strike).  It just seems that not too many people use it, but I keep the tag on there at time.
View Quote

Cool...I'll start wearing the tag in CS and LW.  BTW, which server do you guys mainly play in CS and which one in LW??

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Cool...I'll start wearing the tag in CS and LW.  BTW, which server do you guys mainly play in CS and which one in LW??
View Quote

For CS, I use Gamespy's Counter-Strike tab and hit the following servers (plus many more, but I play here a lot due to good pings):

-Atlanta Bunker Command
-Got Rice?  (currently banned from, have NO clue why)
-counterstrike2.cfl.rr.com
-! Frag'em and Bag'em
-Home of the Schwanz @ GT
-Texas Best #2
-www.TILTED.com

What are some other CS-like games out there?  I own Q3Arena (although I've only played it once) as well as Half-Life, so I'm thinking about trying the UrbanTerror mod and the Firearms mod.  Any other ones I'm totally missing out on?

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/new jew.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#40]
lots of old school FPS
wolfenstien 3d
doom
doom2
quake 1

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Since I am on a POS dialup that's lucky to hot 50k, I play Hitman alone.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#42]
What! no else plays Fighter Ace,Man I'm hopelessly hooked on that game.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#43]
oh yeah and on the console side

the final fantasy Series
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Jewbroni, if you install the Firearms mod then let me know and I'll fire up a server so that you can join in and I can show you some of the "ins*outs" of the game that aren't so apparent at the start and that way you can more quickly configure your keys.    We'll get you rolling so that the first game you join you won't be the typical newbie going by the name "freshmeat" nor will you deserve the name.   I'll show you how to fire the mortar and even whore it so that you'll rack up the kills and piss off the other team at the same time.   There's simply a ton of firearms(as the name suggests) to select from and the use of each has it's own set of strategies.

[url]http://www.firearmsmod.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Flight sims is my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Warcraft II
Starcraft
Half-life
Opposing force
Quake III
Soldier of fortune
Unreal Tournament
Delta Force land warrior
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Imbroglio- Do you use that handle when you play DFLW?  I've seen someone a couple times using that name and wondered if it was you.  Then I though nah, he's probably too busy sitting on his bed staring at the floor.

Maybe we should start adding ar15 after our handles?

edited cause I can't spell check
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#48]
If you guys ever play Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2 I think you'll be hooked.  They are the best real time strategy games I've ever played.  I can really spend months playing just one of these software titles.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I mostly play Diablo 2 & Red Alert 2 both online.  Sometimes I get a little ages of empires going.
Riz
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top