Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 6:35:31 AM EDT
Here’s a brief run down of the past events:

My wife and I buy a house in a new sub-division eight years ago.

Six years ago the houses in the neighborhood start to be listed on the market and are resold and the predominantly white neighbor hood goes brown. As of today I am the last Caucasian on the block. The English language is no longer heard outside of my doors. Along with all the new neighbors came their own laws and not the city’s laws, the police are to scared or don’t care about doing anything.

A year and a half ago new neighbors move in next door. Within two days of moving in they buy their 3 and 5 year old kids a new dog. The dog runs wild through the streets, digging up our flowers, marking my aluminum wheels. At this time my wife and I installed 150 feet of cedar privacy fence out of our own pocket. People on the other side of the neighbors do the same thing, now the dog cannot run wild so it barks 24 hours a day.

A year ago my wife quite her job and gave birth to our son, we had put up with the dog barking until now, when approaching the neighbors about the barking they told us that the dog could either run loose or bark it was our choice. The dog ran loose and was subsequently run over on the road.

Easter of last year they buy their kids rabbits, within a week they where letting them run wild and where run over as well.

Last summer I video taped the neighbor kids at the RV sales lot across the road standing on top of full size RV’s jumping from one to the other as well as breaking beer bottles on the rv’s and in the middle of the road. I called the police who picked the kids up and took them home to find no parents watching them.

Four months ago they brought home yet another dog that they let run free marking our tires, digging up flowers etc.

Two months ago the dog started ramming our fence in an attempt to gain access to our yard where our dogs are. Each time the boards where broken or screws where snapped off we repaired the fence and returned the dog to the neighbors. Their excuse was that our dogs walked next to the fence and excited their dog so it was our fault.

A month and a half ago the dogs broke the fence once again, I caught the dog, placed it in a pet crate and called the police to file a report. The neighbors where issued  a dog at large citation but she claims that I torn down the fence and let their dog out. At that point she told the police I had poisoned her one and only tree in their grassless, weed infested yard. This tree has been dying a slow death before they even purchased the  property.

A month ago my wife and I where walking our child in a stroller 10 blocks from home, when crossing the street in a crosswalk all cars stopped to let us by, as we started across the road she failed to stop and just smiled at us as she drove by.

Now that the weather is warming up here in Idaho their kids rids bikes unsupervised in the buisy four lane road. I’ve seen countless near misses with cars and their kids.

She has since plead guilty and will be sentenced this coming Monday. With our child teething he has been pretty grumpy, after a car ride he fell asleep so my wife pulled next to our house, rolled down the car windows and let him sleep in his car seat while we where enjoying the 65 degree day not 20 feet from the car sitting in chairs while I worked on my ATV. The only person who could see the child was the neighbor. Fifteen minutes after my wife had parked the car the police showed up with a report of a child abandoned in a car seat. After seeing we where sitting right there they left but would not tell us who had made the report. I cannot prove it was the crackpot neighbor but it’s a pretty good coincidence.

I would love to move but with my wife being a stay at home mom and our house depreciating 20 percent due to the change in the neighborhood I cannot afford to escape this place. I am at my wits end worrying about the safety of my wife and child. I am so mad I am seeing red and do not want to do something stupid.

Thanks for listening my whiney little bitch rant
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]

+

You should be all set after that...as far as the dog goes.

The kids and the neighbors, I don't know what to do. I am sorry about the situation. You may have to count your losses and move on.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the cost of your sanity and peace of mind? Move out. You will never regret it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Nampa?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm just shocked that there are non-whites in Idaho, much less a neighborhood full of 'em.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What is the cost of your sanity and peace of mind? Move out. You will never regret it.

+1.  The situation isn't going to get better, and neither is your resale value.  Cut your losses now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#6]
You have 'brown' people in Idaho?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, you should move.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Move.

Or open fire.

You should have moved sooner. Your property values are not going to improve in the future so why be miserable.  If you have an RV dealership across the road it is not a very nice neighborhood and that will always attract the human refuse.

Sounds like ID is going to shit in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Burn 'em out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#10]
In our small farming community we have organized soccer games with eight teams that my recreation tax dollars pay for. I AM the minority here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Get out of the neighborhood. Your Neighbor is a total asshole and has no respect for anyone or anything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Burn 'em out.

+1
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Our neighbors to the north suck ass too.  The only good thing is that I own a big lot and thier house is like 350 feet away.

The joys of home ownership.  Be careful, nutjobs as neighbors can get real dangerous.

Ranting here is about the best relief you'll get.  Wise choice.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#14]
take the hit and move....or wait and raise your kid in your own private mexico where some illegal only known as PePe will molest your young'n and flee back home
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#15]
My neighbor lets her dog run wide too.  I just happened to be talking to my neighbors the last time he tried to shit in my yard.  I waited until he assumed the position and ran straight at him at a dead sprint.  As soon as he realized I meant bussiness he took off.  I followed him all the way home.  He hasn't been back yet.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Draw DOWN!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Is this in North or South Idaho?

C.H.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Diversity, ain't it great? Had enough yet?????
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Jesus, that might as well have been me writing that while living in California's central valley.

All I can say is, I know EXACTLY how it is and I don't have an easy solution. Personally, I moved to Ohio and I don't really have any neighbors. It seems that I have THE WORST luck with neighbors when I live in subdivsions, so I chose not to live in one ever again. I'm a fucktard magnet, it seems.

Good luck, you'll need it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Paul - What is a 'wobbler'?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Jesus, that might as well have been me writing that while living in California's central valley.

All I can say is, I know EXACTLY how it is and I don't have an easy solution. Personally, I moved to Ohio and I don't really have any neighbors. It seems that I have THE WORST luck with neighbors when I live in subdivsions, so I chose not to live in one ever again. I'm a fucktard magnet, it seems.
Good luck, you'll need it.

oooooh, new sigline
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Is this in North or South Idaho?

C.H.

Southern Idaho, near Twin Falls.

Thanks for the support guys.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Continue calling the cops over and over again for any little thing.  Once they do something that will land their butts in jail the judge will see how many times the cops were at their house.  Barking dog.....Long time ago I had one that barked all the time.  Ended up in court with a fine.  JUST KEEP CALLING THE COPS.  and stay armed
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Move!  You can't afford not to!  Your house will continue to deprciate and you will be stuck worse.  It's better to take the hit now and start over where you can build up equity than to stay past the point where you cannot do anything.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate my neighbors too, but I have nothing on the shit you're dealing with. My only saving grace is that my neighbors are scared shitless of me.

You should move dude, that place is fucked.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Move.  
Legal bills and seeing a shrink and having your new kid dealing with that will be more expensive than taking a hit and leaving.

Check out Dave Ramsey for some financial advice.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#28]
If this happened to my neighborhood I would take the loss and move.
I hope this doesn't sound like a racial comment , but when ever brown or black people
take over a neighborhood it always goes to hell and the property values drop
I hope this does not get this thread locked, just because I spoke the truth.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#29]
This WILL get nothing but worse.

Cut your losses and move away.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#30]
At least they're not convicted sex offenders.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I hope this doesn't sound like a racial comment , but when ever brown or black people

Census data supports that truth to a certain degree. Once neighborhoods flip past 20% one way or another, values stabilize. Asians and Indians are not part of those facts. Education and Income are usually higher with Asians and Indians in markets that have changing demographics.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#32]
So let me get this straight....You are worried about your family but can not "afford" to move?

You must not be too worried then......
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#33]
that's the way it goes in sub-divisions man... when the classy neighbors start moving out, follow suit, because that usually means that the trash is on the way in...  every sub division has a set life span before crappy people start moving in and property values take a nose dive.... way of the business
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I can tell you from experience that living in the neighborhood with gutter Trash is not in any way to raise a family.  

The gutter trash will cause you finichal and emotional problems.  Finichal because if  you have anything nice they will take it or destroy it.  If you leave anything in your car that they remotely like they will break your windows to get it.  If they even remotely like your car they will steal it.  They break things on a whim, including your window glass, their favorite method is pitching rocks at your windows, most points for the most broken glass.

Emotional because if your walking down the street they will come at you in groups and steal what you have.  They will harass you.  They will turn your neighborhood into a hell.

Gutter trash will mess your yard up.  Treat your house and property like it's theirs, and their property and such is all gone to hell.  The gutter trash can't and I mean CAN'T have anything nice withing a 5 mile radius of them, they will break, vandalise and destroy it.

I would cut my losses and move out if I was you.

That's why I want Chicago nuked from orbit.

Me personlay If I couldn't move I would be well armed, make sure I have a CCW and lisence.  Call the cops on anything that disturbs the peace and is illeagle, at the same time Videotapeing them.

If they try to harass you, remember their on your property and tresspassing in addition you DON'T know if their armed and you don't know what intentions they have.  Gutter trash is unpredictable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Nampa?

Sounds like it could also be Pocatello too...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Lots!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Census data supports that truth to a certain degree. Once neighborhoods flip past 20% one way or another, values stabilize. Asians and Indians are not part of those facts. Education and Income are usually higher with Asians and Indians in markets that have changing demographics.

I have never really researched the data, I am just speaking of the examples I have witnessed
in my own state. For example the city of New London used to be on of the most beautiful shore line
cities in the entire country. In the late 60"s and early 70"s blacks started moving in and
low income projects started being built. Now the small city of New London is a shit whole.
It was at one time a whaling town and some of the most beautiful homes are still there.
but now you don't want to walk the streets at night. I could give at least 5 other examples I could give in my state.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never really researched the data, I am just speaking of the examples I have witnessed
in my own state. For example the city of New London used to be on of the most beautiful shore line
cities in the entire country. In the late 60"s and early 70"s blacks started moving in and
low income projects started being built. Now the small city of New London is a shit whole.
It was at one time a whaling town and some of the most beautiful homes are still there.
but now you don't want to walk the streets at night. I could give at least 5 other examples I could give in my state.

I hear you. I live in the suburbs of Detroit. Values are declining all around. It is what I do for a living so I see my income being impacted as well.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#39]
One more reason I like Arkansas.  (Dallas Texas raised)  I live in a nice neighborhood.  There is trashy people around the town but they stay in their own area.  Once a few scummy darker people were throwing fire crackers in the steet. (these were obvesiouly not people that lived in the neighborhood) Myself and 3-4 others walked outside with guns in hand.  Never saw those guys again.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I hate my neighbors too, but I have nothing on the shit you're dealing with. My only saving grace is that my neighbors are scared shitless of me...

+1

I get petty annoyances, but generally the two barking Rottwilers and the "never mind the dogs, beware of the owner" sign gets the message across to those who might do real harm.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Dude, sell you house, pack your bags, and move to NORTH Idaho fast.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

25-30% of the population.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not even close to that percentage.

www.valpo.edu/geomet/pics/geo200/no_blacks.pdf
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Paul - What is a 'wobbler'?

It's slang.  In Kali, maybe everywhere, there are crimes that can be either misdemeanor or felony, depending on the DA's discretion.

It's leaked over to mean something that can go wither way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mexicans, not blacks. Heck we have like 20 blacks in the whole state. Canyon County is between 25 and 30% hispanic. They perpetrate 70-80% of the crime, but of course you can't say that out loud without offending someone. Our county government has a hispanic named Vasques that is running for congress. He tried to send a bill to Mexico for having to deal with illegals. No one can touch him because he is hispanic himself. I might vote for him.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#46]
rednecks abound
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Move.

Or open fire.

+1 The Burn them out isn't a bad idea either
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mexicans, not blacks. Heck we have like 20 blacks in the whole state. Canyon County is between 25 and 30% hispanic. They perpetrate 70-80% of the crime, but of course you can't say that out loud without offending someone. Our county government has a hispanic named Vasques that is running for congress. He tried to send a bill to Mexico for having to deal with illegals. No one can touch him because he is hispanic himself. I might vote for him.

Still nowhere near 25% for the entire state of Idaho.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Or here's another idea... Clean your guns in your driveway...... Make sure they can see you while you do it.... that might take care of part of the problem....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still nowhere near 25% for the entire state of Idaho.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/Breycor/hispanic.jpg

Um, yeah, how is that data collected? The whole state may not yet be but much of the south is. If the data is for Americans of central and south American origin then it may be correct. If you add the illegals then I am.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top