Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 5:14:16 AM EDT
....and if so, did you lose your cookies watching it? I had nightmares.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I've seen much fatter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen much fatter.

I've seen fatter on TV myself, but I've never seen a surgery wound that is gaping hole which had to have the puss sucked out by a vacuum...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]

I didn't catch this special, but I did see "Half-Ton Man" on Discovery Health a few weeks ago.  Talk about disgusting.  The guy had a gastrointestinal bypass and had lost 500  pounds in a year or so, but he was still pretty gross looking, especially with all that extra skin hanging off him.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
You know I can almost halfway see how folks get that huge... I mean food tastes good , and laying in front of the TV is easier than working out.

The REAL nut jobs arethe 'enablers' who go out to the store and spend good money to buy food FOR the lardasses.  That is what I don't get.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Was Greywolf chasing her down the hall trying to rope her and haul her back to Radiology?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
The real question is why would I want to see a morbidly obese woman?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#7]
How do these morbidly obese people support thier habits of insane amounts of food 24 hours a day ?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How do these morbidly obese people support thier habits of insane amounts of food 24 hours a day ?

Disability or lawsuits more than likely.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope.. Watched the history of the Great Wall, and then the Hanging coffins of the Bo tribe... trippy stuff
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw a show on Discovery Health (I think it was) recently about a woman who'd lost something like 300lbs (I can't remember the exact amount, but it was outrageous). It followed the surgeries she underwent to have to have the excess skin removed, it was horrendous and very painful. I think she lost something like another 30lbs from removing the skin alone...

I feel sorry for people like that (sort of), but don't understand it. I'm struggling with and worried about the last stubborn 5lbs from my weight gain after surgery.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/falconhurst/termitequeen.jpg

That thing was better looking than she was.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+

What about the people who are so disgustingly fat that they can no longer support their own body weight?  Someone has to be bringing food to them.  No to mention carrying away their feces.  I mean, really.....

That reminds me...  I think I saw a commercial for a show that would age-progress fat kids and show it to their parents.   "If you keep feeding your brats soda and twinkies 24/7, this is what they have to look forward to..." kind of thing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Was Greywolf chasing her down the hall trying to rope  harpoon her and haul her back to Radiology?

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw the end of it when she was talking about how some people abuse life and how she really needs people to help her becuase she cant help herself
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I saw the end of it when she was talking about how some people abuse life and how she really needs people to help her becuase she cant help herself

and by "help" she mean by bringing her cases of little debbie snacks
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I saw a show on Discovery Health (I think it was) recently about a woman who'd lost something like 300lbs (I can't remember the exact amount, but it was outrageous). It followed the surgeries she underwent to have to have the excess skin removed, it was horrendous and very painful. I think she lost something like another 30lbs from removing the skin alone...

I feel sorry for people like that (sort of), but don't understand it. I'm struggling with and worried about the last stubborn 5lbs from my weight gain after surgery.

I had a family friend that was obesse.  He was 6'2 635 when he went on a diet.  It took him about 3 years to loose all his weight but he made it down to 225.  He donated his excess skin to the burn unit in Portland in exchange for the cost of the surgeries.  He looked awesome and it was just an awe to be around him afterwards - it was like a whole new world awakening.  His wife ended up leaving him after he lost all his weight [go figure] and he gained it all back.  He died a couple of years ago from complications.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I missed the end - how much weight did she lose?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I didn't catch this special, but I did see "Half-Ton Man" on Discovery Health a few weeks ago.  Talk about disgusting.  The guy had a gastrointestinal bypass and had lost 500  pounds in a year or so, but he was still pretty gross looking, especially with all that extra skin hanging off him.

This guy?...

www.videotiger.com/800lbsfatmanvideo.shtml

In the video he's claimed to be 800 lbs, but according to other sources he weighed more than 1000 lbs.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5670919/?GT1=4529

Doctors treat man who weighed 1,000 pounds
Former restaurant manager
has lost 321 pounds so far
Stuart Villanueva / Argus Leader
Patrick Deuel was admitted to Sioux Falls’ Avera McKennan Hospital eight weeks ago.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - A man who once weighed more than half a ton has lost 321 pounds under the care of a team of doctors and hopes to lose 450 pounds more.

Deuel, who is just under 6 feet tall, is on a 1,200 calorie-a-day diet.

“If we hadn’t gotten him here, he’d be dead now,” said Fred Harris, Deuel’s lead doctor.

The former restaurant manager has been bedridden since last fall. He has battled heart failure, thyroid problems, diabetes, pulmonary hypertension and arthritis, and needed help just to roll over in bed.

“Until recently, I wasn’t able to see any light at the end of the tunnel,” he said Monday from his hospital bed.

A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel to be driven to a local livestock scale, where he could be weighed.

According to the Guinness World Records Web site, the record for heaviest man in the world is 1,397 pounds, held by Jon Brower Minnoch of Bainbridge, Wash., who died in 1983.

Deuel, who has battled weight problems all his life and blames his condition in part on genetics, said it took months to find a hospital. Hospitals closer to his home balked at admitting him, he said.

“I got scared because I couldn’t help him anymore, and I didn’t know who would help him,” said his wife, Edith.

Harris said Deuel’s care could cost millions of dollars, much of which the hospital may have to cover. Officials found a special ambulance, and hospital workers joined two beds to accommodate Deuel.

One of Deuel’s goals is to walk out of the hospital. He also wants to go to a Nebraska Cornhuskers football game, and just take a walk with his wife.

“Even though he’s faced negativity all these years, he’s not a negative person,” Edith Deuel said. “He’s almost always been able to stay bubbly and make jokes and be happy.”
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Harris said Deuel’s care could cost millions of dollars, much of which the hospital may have to cover. Officials found a special ambulance, and hospital workers joined two beds to accommodate Deuel.

Translation: The hospital will charge you more because this fatass couldn't stop eating
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I teach yoga at an all women's health spa.

We get lots of lardasses.  Once they get in the door and are willing to DO something, we are very compassionate, almost like an AA meeting.  But very few of them keep the weight off.  It's like they expect us to do it FOR them.

The biggest one to date, said that she weighed 547 lbs on the hospital scale (ours only goes to 350).  Her social worker brought her in and somehow authorised her membership dues

The only thing we had that she could do was walk laps inside the swimming pool, and a few water excersizes.  But even that was too much.

That disgusting creature used to come to the spa, sign in, then call a taxi to pick her up.  She'd return a few hours later and sign out.

The main thing I remember about that gal (aside from the obvious) was that she had a little eyebrow ring with a hot pink ball on it.  Like that was supposed to draw peoples' attention to her eyes instead of her 500+++ lbs???
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#22]
After seeing the title, watching it was not an option.
Saw bits and pieces about the 1/2 ton man about month ago, all he did was bitch and moan.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Translation: The hospital will charge you more because this fatass couldn't stop eating

I was about to say the same thing!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This guy?...

www.videotiger.com/800lbsfatmanvideo.shtml

BEEFCAKE!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Don't feel sorry for fat fuckers like that! This is comming from a fat fucker, we have no one to blame but ourselves!! While I never weighed more than 330 pounds, I got myself that way. No one had a hand in my weight gain, no one made me eat fast food, cake, cookies, drink pop ect. I, and I alone caused my fat, and it's up to me to fix it.

That's what I have been doing, fixing it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I remember seeing the show about the fat guy.  His wife took a bag of chips with them to the hospital.

Is it me, or is TLC only shows home makeover shows and people with medical conditions/deformed babies these days?  Just as Fox News can't go through a day without Natalie Halloway or MSNBC investigating some maximum security prison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top