Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2001 9:23:49 PM EDT
I just got some Orlite mags and think I'm gon-a like them.
They work great and are ligher than my other mags but do they really last or will I need to buy new mags sooner than with steel or GI mags
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's unlikely that you'll ever need to replace mags in your lifetime, any mag.  If you don't keep them loaded all the time, cycled the loaded ones, load a few rounds down, and keep the mags clean they should last forever.

The Orlite mags will probably last longer than the steel (most of which are crap anyway) or the aluminum USGI mags because both of those can corrode.  

Orlites are good and they are cheap.  Not all of them drop free and some are a little hard to insert, but they last forever and are half the price of USGI.

Note:  I still buy USGI whenever I find a deal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Have had my Orlites for about 12 years, and haven't lost one yet.  My only AR until recently was a Colt, and I never had a problem with fit.  I recently built up a heavy barrel on a Rock River lower, and had to shave some material off the rear ridge on some of the mags, and take some off of the ridges on the sides, to make them latch in the RR reciever. If yours fit your gun OK, enjoy.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top