Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 12:04:40 AM EDT
Can this be done?  Lets say I go there on vacation and bought a 1911.  Can I or how do I get the pistol back to the US of A?  Legally of course.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk to the Department of State.  They need export clearance papers from the
Phillipines and you need import clearance papers from the DoS and U.S. Customs.
It can be done, but don't expect miracles.
It will take 4-6 months if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell man,  why would you put yourself through all that bullshit just to bring back a weapon that you can readily purchase at home?  I imagine you'd be spending  a lot of money greasing palms back there too just to get your weapon out of the country.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Screw the gun. Bring back a chick.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#5]
yes you can do it.  are you military?  If so call your base customs guy, he should be able to get you the required forms.  I just got done with the military customs inspector course and we covered this in detail since a lot of people like to bring home shotties from Turkey.  it's legal,and not a real big deal..
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#6]
hmmm.  i'm going to be in the philippines in may...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Its actually pretty easy unless it has some restrictions on the gun, but takes a while. You file an ATF form 6 and when it comes back approved you bring your toy home. Time is your real enemy here. Mine usually took a couple months to be processed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can this be done?  Lets say I go there on vacation and bought a 1911.  Can I or how do I get the pistol back to the US of A?  Legally of course.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It will cost you 3-4 times what you paid for the gun to get it here, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Why do you think that?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you think that?

Because the Philippines is similiar to Mexico, i.e. bribes grease the way for people to do what they're supposed to be doing anyway. Plus, he probably didn't pay too much for it to start with there, I'm guessing.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he sails thru with it like shit thru a goose; but I don't see it happening in PI, IMO.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Screw the gun.

Bring back a 20' ISO container of NIW Garand and carbine parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top