Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 7:58:51 PM EDT
Here is the story. I was at the police range shooting my ak47 pistol. I was talking to a Caption or what ever rank held about when shooting the ak47 pistol my hand goes numb because of recoil and my neck problems. He told me why don't you put a stock on it.I looked at him thinking what is he trying to do, set me up. I said isn't that against the law. He said, now this guy also does gunsmitting on the side, that as long as the stock is removable it is legal. He meant what he said. Then I started to think about those Lugers with the add on stocks. So I went to the ATF site to try to find info on this. I could not find any info about removable stocks and pistol.Was this BS or he was tellig the truth. Does any one have a ref number I could look up? Should I hide my dog?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
NO. BAD. DO NOT DO IT.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the barrel less than 16"?  There's your answer.  I have a Krink and AR-15 Form 1's sent in to keep it real.  If you want a barrel less than 16" on a rifle, then I suggest you do the same.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The lugers stocks are only on historical firearms- if you did that to a new luger today you would get busted by the batfe, same as if you put  a stock on your ak pistol.

Don't Do It
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
pound me in the ass prison awaits
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be a no no
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I knew what he was saying did not sound right. I figure if that was the case we would be flooded with removable stocks for pistols. I wasn't planning on doing anything unless I had a letter from the ATF saying it was ok.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is the story. I was at the police range shooting my ak47 pistol. I was talking to a Caption or what ever rank held about when shooting the ak47 pistol my hand goes numb because of recoil and my neck problems. He told me why don't you put a stock on it.I looked at him thinking what is he trying to do, set me up. I said isn't that against the law. He said, now this guy also does gunsmitting on the side, that as long as the stock is removable it is legal. He meant what he said. Then I started to think about those Lugers with the add on stocks. So I went to the ATF site to try to find info on this. I could not find any info about removable stocks and pistol.Was this BS or he was tellig the truth. Does any one have a ref number I could look up? Should I hide my dog?

BAD ILLEGAL NO-NO.

If you want this, buy a short barrel rifle and pay the $200... Adding a stock onto a pistol a no-go with the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Did he offer to sell you a post-81 drop in auto sear?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Did he offer to sell you a post-81 drop in auto sear?  

No but if you were to have a pre 81 drop in sear and own an ar15 it is against the law. If you own a pre 81 and no ar15 then it is okay.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
That is what we like to call "an untaxed Short Barrelled Rifle"
ATF shot Randy Weaver, killed his dog, and his son, over 2 shotguns that fell below the legal over all length.
Don't go down that road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top